View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 08:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
ArianaBlack
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

SPOILER!!: <3 Quigley<3 ps sorry for taking so long i'm the worst
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Was he following? Maddox couldn't tell with the way the boy was staring like that but he wanted to believe the Prefect wasn't having one of THOSE moments and was keeping up quite fine. That being the case, he could successfully move forward. The boy could see his potential but didn't know he was holding back.

"Oh yeah, you're holding back on yourself big time. Deep down you know you've got what it takes and you know you can do better." Much...much better.

"The only problem is you pretend like you don't know so you think you can't then nothing gets done. A lot of Charms is confidence. It's what goes into the intent of a spell. You can't be iffy about it, you gotta take charge. Of course it also helps to know the material but we'll get to that." Like he said, the kid was gonna be working for an 'O' by the time he was ready to properly leave the castle, the man would make sure of that for himself.

Just...they had to work on it steadily. "How good are you at lying to yourself, Mister Adair?"

Huh. The Gryffindor furrowed his brows a little as he listened, trying to take it all in. Was he really holding back? He wasn't all too sure to be honest, but it seemed like Professor Q sure was positive about it. It made Zander think. How is it that his Charms Professor could figure out so much about him, y'know? Kind of made him wonder if it was all true or not. But the more and more the Charms Professor spoke, the more things started to make at least a little bit of sense.

Actually, things were starting to make a lot of sense. But for the record, he only had really low expectations of himself because it meant that if he failed then it was okay. Well, not that failing was okay... But that it was expected in the first place. Man. Quigley seemed to know more about Zander than Zander knew about Zander. This was weird. And Zander was just hardly following.

"I uh, well I'm not a very good liar, sir." Or at least that's what other people would tell him. Ahem. He was took easy to read. Face gave it all away. He really needed to work on that. "But I'm also pretty gullible," so the two probably cancelled each other out and wait. What was the question again? Oh yeah, he had no idea if he was good at lying to himself.

You are Lemon!