Thread: The Portraits
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 07:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Stefan
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinka View Post
Tinka flapped her elfsy hands and ears when the studentsies started sneezing. She knew that one, he was a Slytherin and had been here a good long while, yes he had. He was a good studentsy, yes he was.

Still flapping her elfsy hands, she squeaked out a high pitched answer. "Sir need tissue!" Before he could respond, CRACK! she had disappeared. And then after a few seconds, CRACK! she returned, handkerchief held out for him to take. "Here sir goes, please use and Tinka take care of it right away, sir!" Here eyes twinkled in anticipation of the very thought!

She merely shook her head at his other concern. "No no no no, sir not be worrying about us elvesies. We be cleaning just fine, we just be forgetting about Miss Iris. Sir not be worrying!" Just to prove it, she hurried to pick up her duster and get back to work.
Ethan was about to thank the very girly house elf when he made another funny face, and let out another sneeze. Oooh, whoops? He forgot to cover his mouth, and he might have sneezed directly at the house elf who was now holding a tissue for him. "I...uh...thanks!" he said as he got the white material from her and blew his nose with it. "Sorry about...sneezing on you," she was fast with apparating, so it wasn't really his fault that he accidentally sneezed on her? Still, he felt rude about it and apologised. Yes indeed, he was a good studentsy! "Mind if I keep this first?" he asked as he wiped his nose with the handkerchief.

The Slytherin backed away from the house elf as she took her duster and started to clean. Err, more dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Portraits View Post
They had been forgetting Miss Iris, humph! "You have been forgetting many of the portraits." She snapped back towards the elf. It wasn't just her portrait and she was a bit on the cranky side from looking through cobwebs most of the morning. "No apologies Toddles, just getting the job done and keeping it done is apology enough."

Painted eyes moving back towards the student she gave him a small smile, "Please call me Iris. I hope your sneezing doesn't last. Is the entire castle like this or just our corridor?" She gave a pointed look at the elves, if it was the entire castle she'd really like to know what they were doing that was more important then keeping the corridors clean.

"What year are you in young man?" She knew he was a Slytherin based on his robes, but she always enjoyed to know the years.
Ethan, while wiping his nose, looked up to see that most of the portraits were covered in cobwebs and dust. Uh-huh. It was a sight to see, because again, it was the first time he'd seen the place that way. Blue green eyes then looked at the talking portrait, "It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Iris. I'm Ethan." No need to tell what year he's in, yeah? That will be too much information, SINCE he could be in a possible crime scene. "Just this corridor, I suppose." he replied as he looked around him. "If anything, ma'am, this area is the dustiest." he said as he made another face and sneezed into the handkerchief Tinka gave him.

And a follow up question about his year? Not good. "Seventh." Surely, he looked like one, yes? He's seventeen already, so he definitely looked like a seventh year.

"How did this, happen Miss Iris? I can tell that it wasn't this dirty yesterday..." Well, he had to change the subject, and get down to investigation. There's no time to waste when it comes to sleuthing, and, where IS his Watson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emms View Post
With his notebook in his hand and a coded note from Ethan Sherlock Holmes in the other, Simon ran up one flight of stairs and then down a corridor to the portraits. It had been too long since he and his best mate had hung out and today was going to be the BEST DAY EVER. They would solve crimes and it would just be like the day they met. Oh, how Simon missed those days when they weren't both so horrendously busy studying for examinations. Despite missing those days, Simon was grateful that he spent more time on his coursework. He needed to get good marks if he wanted to be a Professor. In fact, he needed to be an expert.

When he came around the corner, he found his blonde friend speaking to a couple of house elves as well as a portrait. "G'day to you all! How's your day... Aaaah!" he began, bringing up his arm as if he were to sneeze. Nope, he wasn't going to sneeze. He scrunched his nose. Ugh, he hated the feeling of when he had to sneeze but never could actually sneeze. Yuck. There was a lot of dust around here. Glancing up, he noted the cobwebs. Spiders? he wondered. "Sorry about that. It's rather dusty around here. How are your days going?"said with a small smile gracing his lips. He nudged his mate with his elbow and pretended to tip a fake top hat at his mate. "I came as soon as I got your note, Holmes," said Simon flashing his mate a happy grin as he held up Ethan's note.
FINALLY.

He'd left the coded message conspicuously around their common room, so he was sure that Simon was bound to show up sooner or later. Their main destination would be the Library, by the way, but obviously, his Watson had caught up to him at the first floor of the castle. Immediately, Ethan offered the handkerchief to Simon, but retracted back his hand when his nose decided NOT to sneeze too. Yes, yes, he hated that sensation.

"I'm doing quite well, Watson, minus the sneezing." he said as he gestured at the dirty portraits. Ethan winked at Simon because it was worthy of an investigation. "Have you seen this corridor dirty the past few days?" He asked.

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.