Thread: The Portraits
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 09:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Watson
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordred View Post
Ethan just stared, realizing that he had never talked to a portrait before. He’d seen people do it, yes, but not him. He thought it was kind of funny. “I’m alright, Ms...” Er...what’s her name? “Your ladyship.” The Slytherin made a funny face again, and a loud sneeze escaped from him again. “Ahhhcchhooo!!” SNIFF. “Merlin’s socks...” he murmured to himself as he wiped his nose with his robe.

Then one of the house-elves spoke to him. Ethan shrugged, made another funny face, “Aaahhh...” Yep. His nose changed its mind. “I’m fine...er...” What’s his name again? Twinkle? No, Ted? No, not Ted... “Tod.” Close enough. It’s kind of hard to remember their names, okay? They all look the same, for crying out loud.

“Is everything...okay though?” Ethan thought the sight was unusual since the place was always clean. He has been passing by that corridor for three terms now, but this was the first time he’d seen the place with cobwebs. The house-elves aren’t slacking with their cleaning duties, are they?
With his notebook in his hand and a coded note from Ethan Sherlock Holmes in the other, Simon ran up one flight of stairs and then down a corridor to the portraits. It had been too long since he and his best mate had hung out and today was going to be the BEST DAY EVER. They would solve crimes and it would just be like the day they met. Oh, how Simon missed those days when they weren't both so horrendously busy studying for examinations. Despite missing those days, Simon was grateful that he spent more time on his coursework. He needed to get good marks if he wanted to be a Professor. In fact, he needed to be an expert.

When he came around the corner, he found his blonde friend speaking to a couple of house elves as well as a portrait. "G'day to you all! How's your day... Aaaah!" he began, bringing up his arm as if he were to sneeze. Nope, he wasn't going to sneeze. He scrunched his nose. Ugh, he hated the feeling of when he had to sneeze but never could actually sneeze. Yuck. There was a lot of dust around here. Glancing up, he noted the cobwebs. Spiders? he wondered. "Sorry about that. It's rather dusty around here. How are your days going?"said with a small smile gracing his lips. He nudged his mate with his elbow and pretended to tip a fake top hat at his mate. "I came as soon as I got your note, Holmes," said Simon flashing his mate a happy grin as he held up Ethan's note.