Thread: Spare Office
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 09:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Daemon

DMT & DMGS
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maggie Woods
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Levi Jourdan
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Hwang Minji
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Finlay Bracken
Transportation
x4 x2
PHILOMATH ❅ not one atom, but two ♪ ♪ made of starstuff ❅ def main():

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
Oh, he had a kneazle? Evie followed his gaze to his arm and saw some claw scars. "Oh. Well... not all cats are like that. Mine would probably like you." But he liked just about everybody. Even that boy on the train who was allergic to him.

Evie was suddenly feeling nervous. Even though Benzi couldn't produce a corporeal patronus either, she felt very inadequate when it came to trying. She hadn't practiced in ages and she knew the outcome would be very disappointing, especially now that she was doubting what she thought she might want to do when she was done with school. But she watched Benzi try again and saw the white disk emerged. Evie looked carefully for any other shapes it might have taken... "A sting ray, maybe? Without a tail... Or perhaps a flattened sea turtle..." No? She probably wasn't helping.

Clearing her throat, Evie stepped forward and decided to give it a try. Thinking of happy memories was fairly easy for her, but she ignored her brain when it came to more... recent, silly events. She was sticking with her excitement she had when she arrived at King's Cross for the first time, FINALLY going to Hogwarts.

"Expecto Patronum!" she said loud and clear, but with some apprehension. A little wisp floated out of her wand, hovered for a moment, and then faded away. Disappointed, Evie stepped back, chewing the inside of her cheek. Time to give up?
He snorted. "I sure hope so. She only likes my sister, and tolerates my mum. Is yours friendly?" he asked, rubbing his arms absentmindedly. And hurray, next year Cleo would be here with him, because Suri was coming. Fingers crossed she wasn't put in Ravenclaw because he was almost positive it would murder him in his sleep.

Benzi blinked at Evie, unsure at first if she was taking the mickey or actually trying. "You're hilarious," he deadpanned instead, but there was a sparkle in his eye that hadn't been there before. Most probably because Patronuses were the single most depressing spells ever and the irony of it all was too much to bear.

Curiously, he stepped back and watched Evie do the spell, unfazed at all when she got the wisps of smoke. Merlin knows he had been stuck there for ages. "Probably not a happy enough memory," he pointed out, then rubbed the back of his neck. "Look, my old teacher said to me that people who struggle with patronuses just need to practice. I've been," why did he get into this again? "struggling, I suppose, for years now, but I do believe that. We just... we gotta keep trying."

And that was your daily ten seconds of stolen wisdom, as told by Benzi Rider. "Want to try again?" .... "Or grab something to eat?"

_____________I could still change the end