View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 06:50 AM   #16 (permalink)
feeheeheeny

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia "Mia" Adair
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leigh Upstead
Hufflepuff
Third Year
x11
be curious, not judgmental

Text Cut: Pfffffffffft
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Someone was less than impressed with his act. Good. He liked rattling her, Merlin knew she made it all too easy for him. Maddox grinned and munched at his apple again. An entertaining way to spend an afternoon for sure.

Until she got like that and he had to do a double take to be sure he hadn't let a Hufflepuff in. Lovely little things they were until they got hopelessly sentimental, then it was more like....why'd I let you in again? "I'm glad to hear that." He confirmed with a nod and it was the truth. Too many people had misconceptions about the badges that were given out around this place. It was almost refreshing to know some still took it seriously. "Of course you know I'll be expecting brilliant things from you and no missing students this term." She could handle that. Girl was a trooper with a forceful attitude.

The smile faded some. "You'll really have to stop calling me that. Of all the names out there you," and apparently Miss McGee, "choose Quiggles." Honestly, children these days.

What was he referring to? "Something about your grades." She was a Ravenclaw, this was probably the ultimate bait and he really needed to stop with these awful stereotypes.

Sophie smiled and settled back in her chair when Quiggles seemed pleased to hear all that she had to say AND that he had taken her seriously and not poked fun at their brief but genuine heart-to-heart they'd just shared. But then, of course, he laid out the expectations, and Soph snorted. "You expecting brilliant things of me means y'know I'm perfectly capable of doing brilliant things, so thanks for the indirect compliment." She felt no pressure from it, really. "And no students will go missing on my watch." Probably, anyhow.

"It just has a nice ring to it. Makes you sound cool." Heheheh. She was TOTALLY pushing his buttons, but she was just curious to see what he'd do, okay? So far, he was being very kind and patient with her and didn't make a big deal out of her calling him Quiggles. Not TOO much, at least. Was... that some sort of reverse psychology? By him not giving a big dramatic reaction, was he trying to discourage her from calling him that by trying to make her lose interest?

Huh. Interesting fella.

But her GRADES? What... was he... ????????

"Okay, I don't need your thanks, but what... don't I know... about my grades?" She quirked a curious eyebrow at him and sat forward, considering him with interest. WHAT WAS HE GETTING AT?