Thread: Spare Office
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 06:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
sarahlooo

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_faerie View Post
"I have a kneazle at home and she's just about the worst animal in the world," he grumbled, and looked down at his arm where if one squinted, could still see the scars from that time she'd gone berserk and literally tried to claw his skin off.

Bloody cat.

Eyeing the strange way she was holding her wand, Benzi considered Evie's words. "Yeah I reckon everyone likes them... I mean, the animal's supposed to represent your personality and I don't reckon anyone who doesn't like their personality could cast a proper patronus," he pointed out, thinking about what he'd said for a few moments before dismissing the thought. This was starting to feel a bit like therapy.

Benzi shrugged. "Why not," he said dejectedly and raised his wand, pulling forth his go to happy memory. "Prepare to see the best white disc you've ever seen," he winked at her, trying to muster a smile to go with it, before turning to look straight ahead of him, concentrating. "Expecto patronum!"

And, just as promised, a brilliant white disc appeared out of the tip of his wand, illuminating the small office brightly and casting dark shadows behind him and Evie. He sighed again, and the disc dissipated. "There's no animal that looks like that right?"
Oh, he had a kneazle? Evie followed his gaze to his arm and saw some claw scars. "Oh. Well... not all cats are like that. Mine would probably like you." But he liked just about everybody. Even that boy on the train who was allergic to him.

Evie was suddenly feeling nervous. Even though Benzi couldn't produce a corporeal patronus either, she felt very inadequate when it came to trying. She hadn't practiced in ages and she knew the outcome would be very disappointing, especially now that she was doubting what she thought she might want to do when she was done with school. But she watched Benzi try again and saw the white disk emerged. Evie looked carefully for any other shapes it might have taken... "A sting ray, maybe? Without a tail... Or perhaps a flattened sea turtle..." No? She probably wasn't helping.

Clearing her throat, Evie stepped forward and decided to give it a try. Thinking of happy memories was fairly easy for her, but she ignored her brain when it came to more... recent, silly events. She was sticking with her excitement she had when she arrived at King's Cross for the first time, FINALLY going to Hogwarts.

"Expecto Patronum!" she said loud and clear, but with some apprehension. A little wisp floated out of her wand, hovered for a moment, and then faded away. Disappointed, Evie stepped back, chewing the inside of her cheek. Time to give up?

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise