View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 02:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
feeheeheeny

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia "Mia" Adair
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leigh Upstead
Hufflepuff
Third Year
x11
be curious, not judgmental

Text Cut: sorry x_x
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
"Me?" Crunch. Well wouldn't that just be problematic. Couldn't get away with anything should he have his own personal snitch. "I'll deny it." He informed with one solemn nod and another bite. "Or I'll cop to it and dare them to find evidence to arrest me. It would all depend of course on whether I truly did it or not." Both options seemed entertaining enough if you asked him and he wasn't too bent up about the death of a boy that all but threw himself at the spiders. It was simply not how his limited compassion worked.

And see, there was the reaction he expected after denying knowledge of her grade. Sophie Brown was an odd little thing, most Ravenclaws were when it came to their grades.

"An outstanding? Huh. How'd you manage to pull that one off? I won't turn away your gratitude though." Mostly because he happened to like hearing he might have done something to help with the particular grade she'd gotten but also because at least she wasn't SUCH a big headed Ravenclaw that she thought it was all her own doing. I'd congratulate you but I reckon that new badge on your robe's already given you a big enough head." While he spoke, he moved his way this way and that through the air until it spelled out the word 'Quigley'. Not Quiggles Miss Brown, that would never become a thing, not ever.

Maddox snorted at her later words, finally falling into his seat and kicking his feet up. "I'd rather forgo that bit, thanks, so how's about we trade. You go without your thanks and I tell you something you didn't know."

Pffft. PFFFFFFFFFFT. How did she manage to pull that one off?!

What a turd.

"Yeah, yeah, you're really funny. Keep talking," she crossed her arms and wiggled her nose at him, huffing slightly as he DID keep taunting her with his apparent disinterest and unimpressed demeanor. Ruuuuuuuude.

His comment about her badge made her shake her head, though, and Sophie interjected with seriousness, "Actually, sir, this has humbled me," she nodded, placing a hand over the badge on her chest, then dropping it. "'Cause I wanted it ever since I was a first year, but now that I have it... well." She shrugged a single shoulder. "M'not sure I feel good 'nuff. I wanted it all those years 'cause I wanted to be someone, but being a prefect is way more than just being someone - I've gotta be the best someone. Set the standards and be someone everyone's gonna look to for leadership and guidance." It wasn't as glamorous as she'd always thought it would be, really. "M'gonna try to be, though, be the best I can be. And I will, 'cause m'not a quitter, and m'not gonna let anyone down," she smiled in reassurance, not meaning to completely ruin the playful banter going on. "...Quiggles," she added as an afterthought, grinning teasingly at the words he had spelled out. There. The lighthearted mood was restored, yes?

...Tell her something she didn't know? "What are you referring to, sir?" Curious Ravenclaw was curious.