Thread: Front Desk
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 09:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

SPOILER!!: Marsha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro MacMhuirich View Post
Marsha’s face burst into a huge grin as Mr Kitridge introduced him. Aunt Benny had been right, her Head of House was amazing. ”Hi Mr. Kitridge, I’m Marsha!” GRIN for the man. ”It is lovely to meet you, my aunts and uncles have all said wonderful things about you!” Whoops. Maybe they wouldn’t want him to know that… oh well. She would deal with that later if she had to. Hehe.

YES! Sofas to get comfy on AND read, this was like a dream come true.. And although it was much bigger, it smelled and looked a lot like Grandpa Derek’s study/library at home. That thought made her happy and she smiled. She double blinked a he told her they were allowed to practise in here. That was amazing. It seemed much quieter and less distracting here than it was in the Gryffindor Common Room. She could see herself loving the library.
”Thank you so much.” She said with a large smile at the man. ”I didn’t want to get into trouble already if you weren’t supposed to practise here. I love books too much to be banned from the library!”

Blinking, Marsha turned to look at the older looking girl who had.. also replied to her. Her chest clenched slightly at the girls comment. She didn’t like feeling stupid, and the girl had done just that. Tilting her head to the side slightly the red-head looked at her some more. ”The town I’m from doesn’t have a big enough library to have seats and a reading area. The whole room is filled with books… Besides, those chairs could have been reserved for Professors, or senior students or for groups or for anything else that I don’t know about yet.” Frown. She wasn’t stupid, she wasnt.

Woah. Fairytales? Blinking, she seemed to remember a comment or two in the past in hushed whispers from her family about that - but they had never given her any details and she hadn’t asked. After all, if they had wanted her to know they wouldn’t have tried to hide it from her in the first place. Yup. She did give Mr Kitridge a soft smile though. ”I’m sure you would manage to keep us and the books safe.” Because the books were obviously just as important as the students were.

Smiling broadly Leo said "It's a pleasure to meet you Marsha." It was nice with a so happy and excited fresh face to the library. Aunts and uncles, wow was he already that old? Pushing any thoughts of his age out his mind he asked curiously. "To what houses did your aunts and uncles belong?" Many students had gone to Hogwarts and left since he had started working there many years ago now. It was nice to know that he was well respected though and that Marsha’s relatives hadn’t spoken badly about him.

Understanding Leo nodded "It's always better to ask one question too many than to wish you had when you can’t redo an action." Marsha seemed to be a sensible young woman. He let Marsha answer Penelope’s comment without interjecting. If he needed to interject he’d do it depending on Penelope’s response back. For now he was quiet.

Smiling softly he said "I always do. Both the students that go here and the books in the library are very important to me and I take steps to keep them safe." And everyone knew that.

SPOILER!!: Zhenya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
It was perfect when someone understood what a good book could do to someone. Not everyone did, which was a shame. They didn't know what they were missing out on. "Did you read anything good over the holidays? I read a good one about a muggle called Sherlock Holmes. Have you heard about him?"
Zhenya had to think about that. It was fun, exciting, a little bit scary, and exhausting. All in one! "I liked seeing the kelpie too, but I mostly just enjoyed being able to go under water like that. I'd never done it before. So many things underwater that we have no idea about just from looking down into the water."

WOW lots of exam papers! Zhenya made an ooooh sound as she looked at them. They would be perfect help for her! Especially seeing as she could cross reference everything with the other books. Hopefully they would all combine nicely to help with her study and knowledge, and understanding the topics. "Thank you Mr. Kitridge, this will be a HUGE help," she said appreciatively.

Racking his brain Leo smiled. "Yes I did. I read a muggle adventure novel by an author called Desmond Bagley. It was a thrilling read." Furrowing his brows he nodded. "I've definitely heard of Sherlock Holmes, he is a muggle detective that solves crimes, right?" If he recalled correctly the muggle section of the library did hold a few novels about this Sherlock Holmes too. But Zhenya probably already knew that.

Grinning he said as the topic changed to the field trip. "I enjoyed going underwater too. It's quite exciting to know that so many different creatures and plants live underwater. You could ask your professors in CoMC and herbology if you can't explore the lake bottom. I'm sure there is much exciting and thrilling to see down there just like at the loch."

As Zhenya's attention focused on the NEWT exam papers Leo smiled softly. "You're welcome dear. Do you need anything else?"

Last edited by Nordic Witch; 05-17-2015 at 09:44 AM.