Thread: The Room
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 07:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
ChanceCoeur

DMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Farah C Dubey
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chance Coeur
Magical Creatures
x5
Let your light shine || Be the sun || You're important. Always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.A Forever View Post
Hayley continued to play the song, deciding it was most definitely best to focus on the piano - on the music, the melody, the glossy keys beneath her fingertips, - and not on the subject they were on. Sure, she had brushed the topic, but actually allowing herself to think about it, and relive the past summer in her mind.. no.

No, she was trying very hard not to do that.

It wasn't working well, either. As Chance spoke, Hayley missed a key and hit the wrong one, throwing the whole melody off completely. She paused, giving herself a moment before picking it back up again - also giving herself a moment before answering his question. "You think too much of me," She said, simply, softly. "During my trip to Italy.. to see family, my uncle was going to teach me how to play, but I met someone who works for my aunt, who just happens to really be into music too, and he offered to teach me instead since my uncle was a bit preoccupied."

Merlin. Was this even appropriate to discuss with Chance, considering last term? Hayley was unsure, of everything at the moment, but she was in far too deep now to stop.

".. He's nineteen. And was really nice, really sweet.. or I had thought. He spent weeks teaching me, off and on, and eventually it just became a thing - my lessons, us hanging out.." Could he see where she was going with this yet? ".. I liked him.. a lot. At first, when he realized - it was this awkward moment, of him pulling away completely, and that's when I found out he had a girlfriend." She was blushing furiously now, and though her hands had stopped moving, the melody of her song gone, the Ravenclaw kept her gaze on the piano. "I should have known. I was upset at first, that he hadn't told me.. I felt so stupid, you know. Noel and Benzi had never liked him to begin with... they made their disapproval known, the both of them.. um," Hayley paused, biting her lip for a second. No time for rambling, just spit it out, Diggory. "He ended up owling me this song we were working on together, he'd finished it.. apologized in the letter too, and.. Benzi took it from me and ripped it up. I was really, really upset with him for it.. so I went to Markus - the guy - .. I don't know what I was thinking," She shook her head, "I wanted to hear the song. He showed me. Calmed me down, and after that.. we started hanging out again - continued my piano lessons.. it was innocent, you know."

For the smallest of seconds, Hayley stole a glance up at Chance. "I thought we could be friends, I understood where we stood.. until he decided to kiss me one day, and... I just assumed.. he had broken up with his girlfriend. I hadn't even bothered asking." How very stupid and naïve she had been. Grey-blue eyes remained fixed on the piano, and basically anywhere but at Chance. "I was wrong."
Chances mind was in all kinds of turmoil. He listened as Hales talked, his attention from the piano moving swiftly away to what she was saying. Maybe this was how she felt last term when they had kissed and then he broke it off before he could set roots in. He had to back then though. He already liked her but was in love with Beezey. He couldn't lead her on when he had felt stronger things for another girl. But dang, hearing that she was kissed by an older boy who actually /had/ a girlfriend made him upset.

Chance was teetering. He shouldn't be feeling things for her like he was. He had lost his chance last term. But here he was, still liking her. After all those months. He shook his head, trying to push his feels back down and concentrate on Hales. She looked in pure distress. Chance couldn't let his feelings for her cloud his judgement.

"I'm sorry Hales. That is.... Pretty rough." He said, his jaw clenched. "I would .... " He has to take a deep breath to calm himself. "I wouldn't want to meet this guy. I'm sorry that you liked him and he treated you like that." Chance out an arm around her and gave her a side hug. "He shouldn't have lead things on when he had a girlfriend. That was just wrong of him. Especially with him being older. I hope Noel punched him in the face like he did me." Chance remembered the punch. It had stung. And it had taken everything in him to not punch back.

Farah Dubey Seventh Year Hufflepuff