View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 06:25 PM   #135 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

This was sooooo fun! Watching them start to practice and really acting like they were going to hear something. They did remember it was a charmed classroom, right? What great little performers they were. As they began to practice she started walking around the room. Her eyes fell on the ones still discussing.

SPOILER!!: answers of ones still commenting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kace
Kace heard Professor Cassie comment on his burp. He grinned sheepishly and he was glad she wasn't offended. I mean he was happy to show people the sound of burping. Maybe he shouldn't have eaten too much? Aahh well he was growing boy he could do what he wanted. He wanted to know more about the sounds and such. He couldn't wait for her to talk about that. Then he saw the picture of a cemetery and he backed away from his desk as requested. He heard her questions and it got Kace thinking. He wrote down the first one and then he began to answer it.

"Professor I think people would be able to hear the sounds from six feet down because if it is a loved one, I mean you share a connection with someone. I mean for all I know it could be their soul mate. Sometimes if you have a soulmate you have a great bond with someone." As for the different noises, he didn't know what other sounds he could hear besides stomach gurgling. He skipped that one. As for the steps, he was stumped. I mean shouldn't she be teaching them what to do? He thought about it and suggested some steps.

He looked around and saw Emmy was there. He walked over to her and asked her what she would do. "Hey Emms..." he greeted her with the assignment. But as he was gonna ask her, he heard her answer and he went with her assumption. Now Professor Cassie moved on and he really had no idea what the steps were. They needed to practice the sonorous charm? Hmm interesting idea Professor Cassie. Interesting idea. He looked atEmmy and asked, "You ready to practice the spell
This was all forms of adorable. A teenage boy that believed in soul mates. She beamed at him, he was certainly a Hufflepuff. “Those are very interesting ways of thinking Kace. People that are connected as Soul mates could certainly know many things about each other.” Even gas she would suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahra
....hahahahaha THIS KID THOUGH. Zahra laughed and laughed again. She REALLY lost it as the step by step instructions, including to "RELAX YOUR BUTT."

Hilarious. Gryffindors win.

Anywho..... now they were supposed to listen to ancient farts. So basically that meant, since Zahra just wasn't all that great with her wand, she was going to wander around and speculate for a while. "I bet ancient dead people farts could kill you. Like, legit, you just die at the smell on the spot. Then it starts this cycle. Though, I gotta be real, sometimes Mikey Toussaint can fart like an ancient zombie. Like burns your nose hairs." She meandered through the nearby graves, patted the stones, and otherwise tried to look busy.
As she walked around she couldn’t help by try to hide a giggle, goodness Zhara didn’t mind whom she said what to. She thought about how Mr. Toussaint would feel knowing she was saying these things. “I wouldn’t say any gas could kill you, but in ancient times they thought many things and one was that different noises meant demons, so I could see a theory coming about that gas could be deadly. “

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia
Part of their activity was to listen to actual sounds in the stomachs of corpses under the graves? Uhhh... Natalia couldn't decide what was more terrifying: the thought of leaning close to the graves or hearing the uncanny sounds of the stomach... if Nat would be skilled enough to detect it at all.

"Umm...Professor?" An unsettling question was spiraling in her mind. "Are these...real graves?" Hopefully these were just realistic imitations of what a real cemetery would look and feel like, which would make the most sense, because the entire classroom couldn't have just apparated to a different location, right? But then again, no one could be certain of the full extent of magic.

Reluctantly, Natalia strolled to the nearest grave in a sideways manner, as if she was afraid to encounter some sort of apparition if she walked face forward. The fourth year Lioness dropped to her knees gingerly, feeling the soft green grass under her palms. Uncertain what to do next, Natalia slowly bent her back and positioned left ear (her good year) toward the ground. Was this what she was suppose to do? Yes, or how else would she be able to hear the gastric noises?

At first, Natalia detected no evident sound. It was time to pull out her wand and use that sound-amplifying spell! Being in a rather uncomfortable position, Natalia twisted her arm to reach into her back pocket (not a very safe place to store wands, but whatever) to grabbed out her wand. Pointing the wand tip directly toward the ground, she muttered: "Sonorus!"

Natalia could hear absolutely nothing. Not even worms.

"Sonorus!" Applying the charm again did not help to amplify the sound either
Looking to a Gryffindor she gave her a little smile, “Oh goodness no dear, remember this room was our classroom just moments ago. It’s only charmed to look like a cemetery, remember?”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo
It was Zhenya to the rescue yet again. Seeing and hearing her coming over to help was great. "sor-NOHR-us" she giggled, it seemed like such a silly spell. "it doesn't sound too hard, and all i have to do is point at my target?" it sounded really easy... but thank goodness she had the older snake to help her.

*gulp* "im not good with the grave thing...." her eyes shifted "do you think theres...... theres.......... anyone ... like... in there?" she really hoped there wasn't.

Her hand shaking she pointed her shakey wand at the grave and said "Sonoris" and she didn't think anything happened... and she realized what it was, she was so nervous for the grave she didn't say the spell right... her brain couldn't really function to much right now.
“Oh gosh no dear, remember it was just a classroom before a charmed it. There are no real graves, though if the charm works you could hear what’s going on down on the sixth floor.” She gave her a wink before moving to the next group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophelia
It was all making sense now. Before, Ophelia didn't know head or tails of this gasto- gaso- gas something. However, after hearing it explained a couple of times, it was starting to click. So gas for your tummy and the -mancy because when you put -mancy at the end of something, it made it seem more mysterious and magical. Basically, they were going to do tummy magic, and while that was a weird concept, it was better than tea leaves or crystal balls or all of that jazz.

Wait, did the term 'gas' for flatulence come from gastrointestinal, or whatever their professor said before? Wasn't gas just your tummies way of saying it wasn't happy about something? Like when she was hungry and her tummy started growling. Or when she had to go to the bathroom. Or when she ate something weird and her stomach was having a hissy fit. She wanted to ask, but the etiquette she was taught from her parents prohibited her from doing so in the middle of class. So the thirteen year old sucked up her curiosity and waited until the end.

And another question came up. Wow, she usually wasn't this alert and aware in Divination. It was a strange, strange day for the youngest Clarke child. But the question was, 'how did the dead person respond?' Did they make tummy noises back? Did graveyards in the magical world all just sound like a really gross recording a twelve year old boy would play? Or did the person feel their tummy rumble out an answer. This was important.

And so, for the first time in forever....... RAISE HAND.

"Professor, how exactly did the communication between the dead and living work in this situation? Did the living person ask and then heard a dead person stomach rumble, or did the magic make THEIR stomach rumble the answer?" Important question was important. And at least she was asking questions this time instead of getting frustrated with the lack of results in her work.

There was so much good information here, Ophelia would have to take notes later. She was getting really into her schoolwork apparently, lately, asking questions in class, answering questions the Professor had asked, it was strange. But not completely horrible. The thirteen year old spent the entire summer acting out, and now that she was back in Hogwarts, learning was the perfect distraction to all of the problems she might face. And if that meant that she had to throw herself into her books, then so be it.

Ophelia walked over to the nearest grave and pointed her wand at the ground. Okay, she could do this. It was one simple spell and she was a thirteen year old child. It wasn't like she was dumb enough to point her wand at her face or anything, so this should be a piece of cake. Merlin's beard, now she was hungry for cake!

"Sonorous!" And after she cast the spell, the small girl listened to the ground, wondering what kinds of noises it was supposed to make. Rumbling? Sneaking sounds? Dead people sounds? Well, what did dead people sound like?

She refused to think about that question or topic anymore. It was reminding her of THAT, and that was not allowed to be thought about. Ophelia had herself on restriction so she couldn't get sad or angry or anything. She was a teenager now, heck, an adult in some cultures and adults didn't get sad.

Taking a deep breath in, she decided to focus on the sounds of and beneath the earth instead, hoping one would stand out as dominant among the many. It seemed like a much softer approach, and it was an approach that would help her pick out anything strange without thinking of the dead that made it. Good plan. A+ planning to Ophelia.
Looking at a student that seemed to have a few questions, Cassie gave her a big smile. She loved how questionable she was. [b] “In Divination it is all about the readings, the signs, and the knowledge. We as Diviners take time to figure things out, just as you are doing here. We learn the meaning behind the signs and figure out how to read them. This helps us go through our days, weeks, years, and help others as they wish. “In this form the Diviner listens to the gas noises, they determine between each noise for meanings and purposes of what the message is for.” She hoped that made sense to the girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi and Zhenya
Adi was on a roll, yo!

Admittedly, he was blindly pouring out information but he was doing this only after careful thought. Anywayyyy, he followed Zhenya as she took off. "Don't you think being connected or related to the dead would make the readings easier?'' he asked her, wondering what she thought about that.

But now he was now standing over a grave. Still no grim reaper around? Hehe. Don't ask why he was so fascinated with the thing... he just knew it started during his fourth year. As Zhenya helped some students out, Adi got started on his own practice. "Sonorus!'' He pronounced the incantation loudly and clearly while directing his wand at the ground.

Sooooo... uh... was he supposed to be hearing things now? The Puffer tilted his head to the left side, trying to hear anything. Nope, nothing. "Sonorus!'' HelllOOOOOoooooOOOo?! He was waiting to hear things!

Zhenya was frowning, because the dirt was NOT talkin'. No worms no bugs no nothing. Especially no farts or burps. She was still trying to hear when Adi spoke. She got an image of something and started laughing. Her tummy was hurting! "What you mean if you're already familiar with their gut sounds?" she laughed again. "I'd probably recognise my Uncle Archer's farts." More laughing. She was sure that wasn't what he meant, so when the laughing had stopped she said "I'm not sure. It makes sense that it would I guess… being familiar and already having a connection with them." That was a good question!
She smiled hearing the next conversation, YAY! They were discussing. “I agree with you both, the closer you are to someone the easier it is to read them. That isnt’ just with gas, but with many things. “
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan and Zhenya
Rowans eyes were wide as she listened to everything, and she was itching to take notes on every single thing that was being said, but she knew that even if this was a more note-take-y class she wouldn't be able to keep up, so her eyes just followed the discussion around the room, pausing occasionally to try and think up a reply, but coming up short.

It was fascinating, really! Rusty was really excited to learn new divination things, but it was just a lot for her little brain to handle. She was used to the same twelve people in her classes, most of them helping her out when she got stuck, and the teaching being taught at a pace that they could all easily keep up with... and even though she loved it here, it was kinda crazy trying to keep up with anything when there were so many people here... and this week had kinda worn her out. Maybe she should just try some yoga later and see if that helped...

BACK TO THE CLASS, ROWAN... she'd never get anything done if she kept getting distracted.

..."What's the sonorous charm?" she asked, addressing the question to nobody in particular. She'd never heard of it before, and if someone had mentioned it earlier it'd zoomed in one ear and out the other whilst her brain tried its best to cling to bits of information. Also what did she have to say to get it to work? Maybe it was just the same as the name of the spell, but she wasn't always sure...

Goodness she was going to need a cleanse or something after today.
Zhenya was just about to say the incantation when she heard someone ask what the charm was, and saw someone look a bit… worried. Zhenya walked over to them both and said "The incantation for the amplifying charm is Sonorus. Said soh-NOHR-us. And just direct your wand at the target." She gave a friendly smile, hopefully letting them know they could ask more questions if they wanted.

Then she pointed her own wand down and said "Sonorus," aiming down at the grave.
She heard the question of the first year and was about to turn and answer when a seventh year answered instead. This delighted Cassie, because she enjoyed seeing her older students helping her younger students. “Very good Zhenya, the charm is usually used with one’s voice at sporting events or places with a large group of people. Two extra points to you Zhenya for helping the younger students.”

SPOILER!!: Toby
Noooobody? Noooooooooooooooooobody for graverobbing?

ALTHOUGH, Toby totally caught that unspoken message from Zahra. He gave her a DOUBLE THUMBS UP and then patted his own head. HELMETS. YES. Leggo. Orrrr not, as Professor Cassie reassured Toby that the robbing of graves really legit wouldn't be necessary.

GOOD, 'cause it was actually kind of rude, but y'know, it COULD have been what they were meant to do. Hogwarts classes were always full of such surprises. It had, really, been a joke suggestion, some humour and silliness to death with the VERY HEAVY TOPIC OF DEATH OKAY.

Hm. Perhaps Toby had had too much sugary SOOOODAAAAA, because he kind of WAS getting very bouncy and ridiculous, which seemed sooooo out of place in the middle of a GRAVEYARD. He tried to keep a lid on it, to not go overboard and suggest anymore ridiculous things that some people might take seriously, and wandered off to find himself a... a...

Grave

Okay. Well. Thinking about it, this was weird. Not something he expected to be doing when he woke up this morning, but #yolo.

... Oh, or... um. Okay, not #yolo. Bad choice of hashtag.

"Sonorus!" Toby said at last, having pulled himself away from his distracted thoughts with some difficulty. HE WAS HERE. HE WAS IN THE ROOM. Okay okay okay.

Soooooo... had it worrrrked?

... "Would a stethoscope work now?" It might, if the charms had worked, yes? "Maybe if we souped one up?" Basically Toby just wanted to play with a stethoscope. He'd pretend he was being a Muggle doctor rather than trying to listen in on the flatulence and gurglings of a corpse.

As she watched all the students practicing their charm, she heard Toby speak up and ask a question. Checking her watch it was like he already knew it was time to move on. “Well I’m super glad you asked that. While I don’t feel stethoscopes would work for six feet under, they will certainly work for what we are going to be doing next.” She moved back to the front of the room or well cemetery.

“Alright everyone, eyes up here for a moment. You all have done so well with the discussion and the practice, but I’ve let your own bodies digest the food long enough. So please just stay still for a moment.” She flicked her wand and the cemetery was gone. The classroom well lit again seemed to be back in order. “No need to sit you will be getting with a partner for this. Anyone without a partner can work as a group of three or you are welcome to let me know and I can work with you.” She wasn’t worried about being embarrassed in her own lesson. Popping another piece of cheese in her mouth before walking over to a small table in the corner with a basket on it. “Toby just asked me if we could use stethoscopes now, this is the perfect time to use them. I taught you the Sonorus charm, so you are welcome to use that or if you don’t feel you are ready I have these stethoscopes to use.”

Now were they ready for the fun? Yes of course they were! “Once you have paired up with your partner, you will listen to each others stomach, again with the charm or the stethoscopes. You are going to want a piece of parchment and quill with you for this. I would like you to write down everything you hear, any noises that the stomach produces, even if the gas comes out, write it down. I’m going to give you ten minutes to do this with each other before we will come back together and figure out what it all means. You may get started and of course help yourself to more of the food if you like.” She didn’t mind if they ate as long as they were working.

Okay everyone just as Cassie said get with a partner, if you need to be with three you can, if you can’t find a student and need me we are here to help! I want you to have as much fun with this as you want and I feel putting an exact post number on it sometimes pulls away from the fun. So please have fun, enjoy, and remember I’m around if you need anything. You have until Saturday night on or around 9 p.m. EST to do this part.