View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 04:52 PM

Default Review: Trivial Pursuit: World of Harry Potter game

By Lizasaurus

Trivial Pursuit: World of Harry Potter is a really awesome game! Just browsing through the cards, there is definitely an extensive variety of questions. Everything from really simple ones like, “What type of sweets does Bertie Botts make?”' to “After Dumbledore's death, who writes an unofficial autobiography on him?”

All in all though, I think the questions are varied, and they aren't super easy – some pose quite a challenge even to me!

There's so many ways to play the game! The actual directions are if you get 12 cards you win. But you can just do 6 or even 20. The directions also say you can keep answering questions as long as you keep getting the right answers, so it’s possible to win the game even without even going on to the next person. My family's going to hate me.

On your turn, you roll the die and answer a question for the subject that appears face up:
  • The Dark Arts
  • Hogwarts
  • Magical Spells & Potions
  • Magical Objects
  • Magical People
  • Animals and Magical Creatures

If you get the answer right, you answer another question for a second card (or pie piece, as it says). If you answer the second question correctly, you get that card to keep.

You could play it that way, or if you want to only collect 6 cards, you could just keep the first card after the initial question you got right.

Or, I was thinking … if you want, you could get one correct answer for each subject to win the game!

HOWEVER, I found while playing that answers to the questions are from the films not the books!

Trivial Pursuit: World of Harry Potter is available for purchase here.