Thread: Front Desk
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 05:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
Zhenya's eyes widened in shock as she saw she had startled the librarian. "Oh I'm sorry Mr. Kitridge, I should have made more announcing noise or something." Oops… she gave him the time to recompose, then replied. "It was really good, I went to Seattle to see an old friend. We saw the space needle! How was your summer?" She looked at the books under her arm and shook her head, "Oh, no, these are from my brother. But I was wondering if you would be able to help. I'm taking ancient runes and astronomy, but I really struggle with those lessons. I hoped you might have some er… books which might help me study for my exams. Something easy to understand that explains key theories and definitions." She didn't want to say a beginner book, but something she could have open with her seventh year texts that she could flip to when she got a bit confused.
Accepting Zhenya's apology Leo said with a shake of his head. "It wasn't entirely your fault. I was so caught up in what I was doing that I didn’t see you approach. If I had been more aware you wouldn’t have startled me." It happened to him sometimes when he got too caught up. A troll could walk by and he wouldn’t notice. Curious he asked "What is the space needle? Is it a space museum?" It sounded like Aireys field though. "My summer was lovely and busy. One of the best parts was the field to Loch Ness. You participated in that too didn't you?"

"Ah..." Leo said understanding. "You're studying for your NEWT’s right?" Turning his back to Zhenya for a moment he went over and browsed around among the books he had waiting to be put back on the shelves. Finding what he looked for he picked up the books and placed them on the counter in front of Zhenya. "You could look in these two books and see if they seem helpful to you. They are supposed to explain key theories, definitions and whatnot for Astronomy and Ancient Runes in a simple and easy way, complete with descriptive pictures. I've got copies of old NEWT exams for both subjects too if you are interested?"