Thread: Front Desk
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 04:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default Penelope + Marsha on same TL. Zhenya has her own.:)
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

SPOILER!!: Penelope
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
The library was on of Penelope's favorite places in the whole school. She was always coming in for books to help her with school or things that she wanted to research on her own. Another thing that she loved about the library was the smell of the books, especially some of the older ones. However, she was not just here for books today. She was her to see the amazing Ravenclaw HoH/librarian/her second favorite Hogwarts staff member right after Professor Cassie, Mr. Kitridge. "Hello Mr. Kitridge." Penelope had questions to ask him and she still hadn't forgotten about the wombats.

Peeking out behind an enormous stack of books on the front desk counter upon hearing his name Leo gently pushed them to the side so that he got a good view of the eagle fourth year girl standing in front of him. His face cracked up into a beam as Leo recognized her. "Hello Penelope. It’s lovely to see you again. Did you have a good summer?"

His gaze shifted momentarily to the enormous stack of books as he laid his wand down on top of a piece of parchment. He’d continue with labelling the books before he distributed them to his colleagues. Eyes focusing on Penelope again he asked. "Do you need something new to read?"

SPOILER!!: Marsha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro MacMhuirich View Post
Waiting behind an older looking girl, Marsha waited in line to speak to the man. When it was her turn she smiled at him. "Excuse me... Am I allowed to sit here and read?" She blinked and hoped that the answer was yes. "And is it okay to practise what we have been learning in class? ..... Or should we leave that for a room that doesn't have hundreds of pretty books?" She added as an after thought.

Leo was waiting for Penelope’s answer when a younger girl with flaming red hair approached the front desk. Without much preamble she asked him a series of questions in quick succession. Turning to the girl he said smiling "Welcome to the library. I don’t think we’ve met. I’m Mr Kitridge, the school librarian." Gesturing to a thumb to the nearest tables and desks spread out around the library he said. "You are allowed to sit and read anywhere in the library where there is tables, desks or couches. Only place that is off limits is the Restricted Section." Nodding he affirmed as an afterthought. "It is okay to practice what you’ve learned in classes in the library. I suggest using the study area if you want some extra privacy." It was the place he had used in his school days too.

SPOILER!!: Zhenya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
Zhenya had decided during the summer holidays that she was going to go hard with the studying at the start of term. Not the middle, not a week before NEWT's, but NOW! So, she entered the library, her new glasses pushed up her nose, three books under her arms, and she made her way to the front desk. For a few reasons, actually. But first of all, "Hello Professor Kitridge," she said happily, blinking, then correcting herself. "Er… Mr. Kitridge." Why was she always doing that?

Working on an order list for new magazines, pamphlets and books to complete the collection in the corner room Leo didn't hear Zhenya approach until she spoke to him which almost made him jump out of his skin and fall off his chair. He gave a nervous laugh as he greeted the snake seventh year with a smile after straightening himself up on the chair. "Hello Zhenya. You startled me." He took a minute to calm himself down before he asked in usual calm tone. "How was your summer?" gesturing to the books under her arm Leo continued. "Do you want to loan those books?"