View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 07:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
feeheeheeny

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia "Mia" Adair
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leigh Upstead
Hufflepuff
Third Year
x11
be curious, not judgmental

Text Cut: DON'T HATE, QUIGGLES
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Bets were always interesting little things, even if he lost because it usually meant something working in his favour regardless. He could officially bet her and if she lost, he'd get something out of it. If she won, he'd get a barrel of apples. There was absolutely no way he could lose, no matter what and those were the types of bets he entered. This time however, he simply sat munching on his apple with the decision to take her word for it.

Sophie Brown would deliver and if she didn't, he could prod and poke her about it all he liked.

The amused look that stretched onto his face was no mistake. Maddox was possibly too amused by what he was hearing. Scarier than shouting...thought he would kill someone. "Only Mister Hirase and even then I wouldn't. Too many witnesses...unless..." The Professor trailed off, deciding to keep the rest of his thought to himself. It would have been easy enough making children think they remembered things that didn't actually happen.

Maddox bit into his apple again, watching her curiously as she finally left his shelves alone and seemed to move onto the next 'matter of business'; her OWL grade to be exact. "Can't say I have." He lied blissfully before yet another bite. In truth he'd seen all their grades and needed them for his records but Sophie was enough of a dork without knowing how proud of her he was so he'd have his fun. "Reckon I might have if I cared enough. Sorry."

Mister Hirase? Kevin? HAHAHA! Sophie actually LAUGHED at his words, cackling in delight, then shook her head at him. "If a student turns up missing or a body is found on the grounds, I'm pointing them in the direction of you." This was a borderline sensitive topic, considering what had happened last term, but... they needed to move on with their lives, didn't they? Humor would bring some much-needed relief to a hard time.

In her tone, she made it clear that she was just joking around with him anyway.

...Pffft. PFFFFFFFFFT. IF HE CARED ENOUGH.

Sophie's mouth playfully dropped and she crossed her arms indignantly. Surely he DID know her grade, as it was his JOB, but she could play along just fine. "Well I'll have you KNOW that I got an OUTSTANDING in your CLASS." She GRINNED huge, then settled down considerably. "So... I owe you a big ol' thank you, for preparing me well and teaching me all the things I needed to know and setting me up for success: thanks, Quiggles." She SALUTED him and flopped into the chair on the other side of his desk finally, her eyes scanning the entirety of the office that was once Piers' and considering the changes that had been made. They were still weird, even though she'd been actively trying to take them all in the entire time she was here.

"But you also owe me thanks, too, 'cause I made you and your teaching look good. So, you're welcome." Her gaze fell upon him now, and she offered him a cheesy grin.

So smug.