View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 04:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: Think he just snorted a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeheeheeny View Post
The smirk on his face made HER smirk right back, smug as could be that he was almost literally eating out of the palm of her hand. As he made her load lighter and took the apples, Sophie left the man to his apple loving and instinctively drifted toward the bookshelves, tilting her head slightly to read the titles of the many books he had as she listened to him gush over his precious fruit.

A barrel of green apples? "Bet I can make that happen," she remarked confidently, tilting her head briefly to throw him a cheeky sort of grin, then went back to examining the shelves. "Green it is for the future, then." Maybe he'd get that barrel on his birthday or something, whenever that was.

When the man continued along to explain the difference between yelling and raising his voice, Sophie snorted and moved along to check out the next shelf. "I'm pretty sure you yelled. Or... maybe..." she hesitated, turning to consider him briefly, but then her attention was back on the shelves, "I guess how you reacted wasn't yelling, but it was scarier than yelling. Not that you're scary or that m'scared of you. But I think we all thought you were gonna murder someone. Would've been kind of cool if you did - I mean, in the 'that'd make a good story' kind of way. Not that killing anyone is cool."

Ahem.

"Anyway." She'd lost interest in the shelves now and was crossing back toward his desk, her gaze falling upon the photographs of his family now. "That's one order of business taken care of: green apples. Got it. I'll spread the word like wildfire." In one way or another. "But an item of lesser importance: did you see my OWL grade?" she inquired innocently, grinning now as her line of sight shifted from his family's pictures to the man himself. She'd gotten an OUTSTANDING in his subject, and she NEEDED to talk to him about it, okay? It was very important business.

Bets were always interesting little things, even if he lost because it usually meant something working in his favour regardless. He could officially bet her and if she lost, he'd get something out of it. If she won, he'd get a barrel of apples. There was absolutely no way he could lose, no matter what and those were the types of bets he entered. This time however, he simply sat munching on his apple with the decision to take her word for it.

Sophie Brown would deliver and if she didn't, he could prod and poke her about it all he liked.

The amused look that stretched onto his face was no mistake. Maddox was possibly too amused by what he was hearing. Scarier than shouting...thought he would kill someone. "Only Mister Hirase and even then I wouldn't. Too many witnesses...unless..." The Professor trailed off, deciding to keep the rest of his thought to himself. It would have been easy enough making children think they remembered things that didn't actually happen.

Maddox bit into his apple again, watching her curiously as she finally left his shelves alone and seemed to move onto the next 'matter of business'; her OWL grade to be exact. "Can't say I have." He lied blissfully before yet another bite. In truth he'd seen all their grades and needed them for his records but Sophie was enough of a dork without knowing how proud of her he was so he'd have his fun. "Reckon I might have if I cared enough. Sorry."

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.