View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 02:11 PM   #50 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default class officially begins here!
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

While the professor is still no where to be seen, a large spherical form suddenly reveals itself to the class. Floating well above your head, there are no distinguishing features on the rocky looking sphere to give you any indication as to what it may represent...but surely inquisitive minds like yourselves already have a few theories swimming through your heads.

Spinning rapidly on its axis, the large sphere - approximately 5 meters in diameter - is actually quite dull to look at once you have gotten over ooh-ing and awe-ing at its sudden appearance.

However, a few minutes later the low hissing sound of something whizzing through the air catches your attention and suddenly there is another sphere (about half the size of the first) hurtling itself towards the first.

"DUCK AND COVER!" the professor shouts from the doorway to the classroom in his usual suit attire.

In just enough time for you to get under your desk, the smaller sphere CRASHES into the first, sending bits of rocky - but surprisingly soft and squish to those who actually get hit with some of it - in various directions. The debris that does not propel itself towards desks results in a disk of orbiting material around the large sphere while the smaller sphere has seemingly, well, gone completely KABOOM.

And is it just you...or has the spinning of the large sphere....slowed down a little? Perhaps it is just the shock of a collision playing tricks on you.

Looking quite pleased with himself despite the obvious dark circles under his eyes from lack of sleep, the Astronomy professor picked walked by the table holding the lint roller - failing to notice the change on the sign for now - and shut the door behind him. "Nothing like starting the term off with a BANG, I always say," he chuckled as he strolled to the front of the room and stood beside the blackboard.

"Hello everyone and welcome to Astronomy. For those of you who are new among us, I am Professor Flamsteed - although you may call me Professor Airey if you prefer. If you all could please take your seats and cease all side conversations so that we may begin properly that would be absolutely stellar." Yes? Thank you.

"Now," he said, clasping his hands together rather dramatically while he bounced giddily in place. "Just what was all THAT about, do you think?" he asked, gesturing towards the above sphere and all the floating debris around it. "Oh yes, name plates where I can see them."

So he could actually call upon new students by their names rather then "you" or "that Ravenclaw" or what have you.

OOC: Class has officially begun! Please do not post your character arriving after this point unless you are willing to accept any IC consequences that may occur

You do not need to wait for Professor Flamsteed to call on your student to answer, just go ahead and have your character raise their hand and assume that he has done do. Remember, wrong answers count just as much as correct ones, so do not feel like you HAVE to be right. Let your character speak for themselves and get creative!

Got a question? Please do not hesitate to VM or PM me. Or if it is IC go right ahead and ask it of Professor Flamsteed.

Class will resume as soon as I get the chance to reply to everyone - most likely in 24 ish hours.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes