View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 01:33 PM

Post J.K. Rowling talks possibility of Harry Potter 8, 'Fantastic Beasts' script, Lumos

J.K. Rowling sat down for a new interview with The Today Show, teasing about whether or not there would be an eighth Harry Potter film, while promoting her charity Lumos USA in New York City this week. That can be seen here.

More from Rowling's interview with The Today Show will air this coming Monday, including about Harry, the character.

On Harry Potter - there's always a tiny glimmer of hope:

Quote:
"No," she said. "But even as I answer that I know that someone's cutting this on YouTube to make it as though I gave you hope."

So, just to be clear, she added, "I'm afraid I haven't been writing the next Harry Potter."

But that doesn't mean there's no reason to keep a little hope alive. While Rowling believes she's truly closed the story, she'll always keep her options open.

"I have always said never say never ... well, not never say never," she mused. "I've always said I'm not going to say I definitely won't because, because I don't see why I should say that. You know, it's my world and I might choose to step back into it. And in a way, I am stepping back into it."

"I'm stepping back into that world, writing the script for 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,'" she said of her 2009 wizarding world tome that's headed to the big screen next year. "So, you know, that door is always opened to me. But I think 'Harry Potter 8,' as in what happened next to Harry, Ron and Hermione — I don't think that's going to happen."
On Lumos, the charity organisation she set up to help stop the institutionalization of children worldwide.

Quote:
"If you're literally faced with a situation where you're being told, 'Well, your child can starve or we'll put it in the institution and it will be fed,' what are you gonna choose?" she explained of the dilemma families face. "You want your child to live, right?"

"I definitely will write for children again, 'cause I love writing for kids," she added. "So that will definitely happen, and that will sit comfortably alongside this work [with Lumos]. And maybe I'll get to read that new work to some of these children."