View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 02:47 AM   #83 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Anastasia started a list on the board as the students began their list of proficient spells. Proficient DEFENSIVE spells. This was an excellent list.... so far. It was restoring her faith in Hogwarts, little by little. Her hand grew tired of writing in chalk at the front of the room so she set her wand to charm the chalk.

Text Cut: Replies, People, Things
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Cilla made a vow to herself that she would be a lot more vigilant in the future. She thought about which defensive spells she could do properly and then raised her hand.

"Headmistress, I can perform the Disarming Spell and the Shield Charm. I am sorry that I can't do any more spells,"Cilla replied sadly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sararara View Post
Being cautious at all times? What was the fun in THAT? Norah didn't object, though, 'cause the Professor wasn't doing a lot of smiling and she didn't want to be the one who explained what the word 'fun' meant. Headmistress Truebridge didn't seem to know what it meant, though, unless she thought fun meant scary. The third year recorded all the no-fun vigilance stuff on her parchment before thinking about the next question.

What could she do? Ummm. Ummmmmmm. She didn't know any of the reveal-y spells that people had been talking about, but she knew some stuff okay, it was just a matter of remembering what they were. Ooh! Norah put a hand in the air and waited to be called on, not even shaking or ANYTHING which she was pretty proud of, okay? "I can do expelliarmus! And protego AND the silver shield one." So THERE. She could blow stuff up too but that wouldn't be helpful in this situation, right? Shame, really, 'cause that one was pretty fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expecto-Penguin View Post
As Kace was listening to his classmates answers and he felt guilty because he didn't think to check to see if anything was lurking around or trying to do him harm. I mean he trusted the classroom setting like so many of his other classmates and didn't think there would be an invisible force. Now he would enter an empty classroom cautiously and be more aware of his surroundings. Defense Against the Dark Arts rule number one and also common sense wise if you don't wanna be killed.

Now the headmistress wanted them to name spells that could secure their surroundings and he wondered if he should list them all? Now she wanted spells he was proficient in? He nodded and listed some off in his notebook.

SPOILER!!: Kace's Notebook

Kace Lecium
DADA Lesson One

Used for Surroundings:
-Caterwauling Charm (Intruder Charm)
-Colloportus (Locking Spell)
-Disillusionment Charm
-Evanesco
-Immobulus
-Impedimenta
-Protego

Defensive Spells:
-Protego
-Reducto
-Impedimenta
-Levicorpus
-Immobulus
-Diffindo
-Stupefy
-Expelliarmus
-Expecto Patronum
-Locomotor Mortis

He raised his hand and told the teacher, "Professor I can do expelliarmus, diffindo, stupefy, impedimenta, protego, bombarda and locomotor mortis since I learned that spell in the dueling arena." Others ones he knew buttt he didn't know the wand incantation by heart. He would stick with the others for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Dot was not cowed in the least about her inability to check the room for bad guys or hidden boggarts or whatever. If she wasn't in the school, she'd check, but in the building... was that really her fault? Were they supposed to check everywhere? Like... like EVERYWHERE?

The hand went up. "Should we check for invisible forces under our beds? Under the table in the Great Hall? Everywhere everywhere?" Because what if she got out of her bed and went to the bathroom and came back. Would she have to check under the bed AGAIN? "Also, I know Stupefy and Petrificus Totalus. Those are defensive spells."
Anastasia slowwwwly turned her head to look at the girl, the Slytherin with all the questions. "Check. Everywhere," she intoned seriously, giving her a stone cold look before turning away and adding onto her list on the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Phew. Detention avoided. And the Headmistress was right, she did know better. Again, paranoia would be happening from now on, mhem. Oh, hi there, Professor Flamsteed.

See, lesson working already. She'd noticed her Head of House over there.

Anyway, what spells was she proficient at? Wasn't that kind of a long list, considering she was a fifth year? Also, since the paranoia was real now, wouldn't that count as not being vigilant? Giving an opponent an advantage? But then, Heather was also kind of scared of not answering the question. Besides, it was also possible that she was asking so she could help them?

Oi. All this questioning only proved that paranoia wasn't worth it. At all. She didn't know how people in law enforcement did it. Because she'd only been in this class a few mintues and her brain, stomach and knee were already hurting. Too much thinking. And she still had to answer the question. "Protego, Confundo, Revelio, Diffindo, Expelliarmus....." And that was pretty much it. Yeah, she had been neglecting her DADA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meizzner View Post
Was that one of of those questions where he was not suppose to answer because he could have told you that answer. He did have a lot of learn and it was not like he was a seventh year or something. He had only just turn 13 a month ago. Officially a teenager now, thank you very much.

One, his spell to check invisible forces was not very good. He had to practice. And two how do you make wards. Why would he enter a empty class room alone. He did not have a death wish. The only reason he entered this one was because their was to be/is a class in here. And wasn't it the Professor, Groundskeeper, and Headmistress' job to keep them safe at least till they graduated. At least Dante though it as. Defensive Spells. He was not good at any yet. His disarming charm was getting there. But he was not good at it, yet.

Key word.

"None. But i can cast an awesome Incendio"

He was good at making fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Uuuuuhhhhh... so..... Headmistress lady was basically saying it was no longer safe to even attend their classes? Really? REALLY?... Cause this was horrible news, terrible news, so bad that he hoped he wasn't going to get pulled out of school. Seriously.

Hand up, Zeke contributed by sharing his knowledge and then some.

"I know how to use protego, and bombarda, and I can shrink my opponents so they'll only have inferior magic and and... yeah. Oh and I can freeze them!" YEAH. Buuuuuuuutttttt !!!! Important stuff to ask here. "Professor?" he started, half raising his hand again. "Can you please not tell my mum that it's not safe to go to class here, cause I like Hogwarts, and I don't want to leave." So, could this be their little secret? Please? Durmstrang sounded like such a downer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
Well, she didn't think she'd done anything wrong either, so Ruby was in agreement with the headmistress there.

Hmmmm. Defensive spells? Did she need to answer actually though? She put her hand up. "Like... shield spells like Protego, Impiriano, Revertoscutum... a bunch of disillusionment spells...." She shot a little look at the headmistress at that because yeah, "The self armouring spell Loricatus.... ummm... Expelliarmus, Duro, Impedimenta, Immobulus, Petrificus Totalus... others too I guess but like, moooost of the rest that I know are offensive." Should she also mention that she pretty much didn't learn any of them here? Because that was true.

And what. Just because she couldn't read stuff from the textbook or the board, didn't mean she couldn't actually do the spells, it was just that she needed to be shown them, rather than just told to do what was on the board or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
After replying to the Headmistress's question and having another cough attack (a mini one this time), Adi sat there twitching his nose. It was sort of burning him now that he was paying more attention to him. Heh. But he paused with twitching as the red head woman spoke to him. Yay! She held nothing against him.

As a prefect it was his duty? The fifth year blinked before his eyes darted to the first other prefect he saw... which happened to be Beverly. Did that mean this should have been one of their other duties? He saw no reason to check a room during his previous years at Hogwarts so it hadn't occur to him to do so now.

Anywaaaay. Defensive spells. Hand up again, Adi spoke. "Expelliaramus, most versions of Protego, Silver Shield Charm, Impedimenta, Bombarda...'' And others too since he practiced them in the Arena a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Zoooommmgggg!!!! Zeke had forgotten. Forgotten how incredibly skilled he was, until Adi informed of what HE knew.

Zeke waved his hand around again. "I know the Silver Shield Charm too, Headmistress!" Did she see him? Did she care? HE KNEW MORE STUFF YO!

But then, he wondered if perhaps there were OTHERS that he'd forgotten also. Like, he probably knew way more than he was letting on. So much more. Sooooooo much more. He was a wealth of defensive knowledge and that had nothing to do with the fact that he thought the best means of defence was offence. Mmhhmm. Nothing to do with that at all.

So many options. Maybe he ought to create a list of what he knew, in case he one day forgot he knew it. That made sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabben View Post
*Yep, never assume. His father even had rhyme about assuming. He wasn't going to say it here though, it had a bad word in it and the headmistress already looked mad. No need to poke the bear.
Protection spells? He was still only a first year, so not many dueling and protection spells. Now if it came to protecting himself the muggle way then he had a whole list of ways to protect himself. But for now...*
"Protego, Miss. That's a spell that will help keep you protected."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
Yep, the Headmistress was in agreement that classrooms could be dangerous too; everything could be dangerous at Hogwarts. Lux was so over this school now that Bay was gone, and the main reason she was still here was Potions class and Professor Culloden who helped her so much. She needed the knowledge and experience in order to become a potioneer.

As she was asked what else she could do better, the redhead raised her hand before replying merely out of habit. "I should have used detection spells." Yep, she was a fail on that count too. Maybe it was the trusting Hufflepuff in her (or the trusting Gryffindor as she preferred to think of it).

As another question was asked her hand shot up in the air again. "I can do Expelliarmus, Protego, the Silver Shield Spell, Immobulus, and Impedimenta." That was about it because a lot of the other spells she knew were on the more offensive side like Bombardia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepmeclose22 View Post
You should have? Austin felt insulted. Surely the Headmistress wasn't trying to hurt his feelings. She was probably just having a rough few days and needed to get off some steam. But that didn't mean she could make him feel terrible. Okay, they were in a classroom. No one was supposed to think there was any danger here. Maybe that was her point.

Once she finished speaking, Austin wrote down on his parchment. He added everything. From the warnings of the Headmistress to the fact that he needed to remember to enter a classroom differently. When he was done he raised his hand and waited to be called on before answering. The last thing Austin wanted was to get on her bad side. "I especially like 'Tarantallegra' or the 'Dancing feet spell'. It's not necessarily a defense spell, but it does help when someone is coming at you. It's hard for them to get a spell at you if they're dancing around." To be honest, Austin hadn't had much use for a defense spell. He had learned about them in class, and had performed most of them particularly well. But he never practiced them outside of class. The only reason he knew about this spell was because his father used it on him a few times. Witch meant Austin had to get payback with the same spell. He mastered the spell a year or so ago, and he felt that in combat, it would prove very useful. Thanks dad. You finally did something right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
Okay, so you should always check for invisible forces in empty rooms. You never knew what hidden dangers there might be until it was too late. Defensive spells. Penelope had never been very good at dueling, but she knew a few defensive spells. She thought about the defensive spells that she could perform. Immobulus, Petrificus Totalus, Depulso, Incarcerous, Expelliarmus, Protego, Impedimenta. Which ones of these was she best at? She knew how to cast these spells, but she did not practice them very often. She would not call herself proficient in all of them. Penelope raised her hand. "Petrificus Totalus, Immobulus, Impedimenta, Expelliarmus, and Protego." Maybe she would come practice in the dueling arena later.

SPOILER!!: notes
-be wary of empty rooms inside Hogwarts
-constant vigilance
-Question 1: What did we do wrong?
-always check for invisible forces in a room which seems too good, too empty, to be true
-Question 2: What defensive spells are you proficient at?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
Good, she'd said GOOD. That was promising, and the Headmistress was already a little less RAWR, which had Toby a tad more at ease. He had to admit, though, all she was saying to some people about being present and in the moment... well, that was something that was so super hard for Toby, but he dared not admit it out loud. Just as he dared not bring up the fact that he very rarely thought as a wizard. But yeah, no. Not gonna point that out; didn't seem like a great idea at this point in time.

Toby nodded at the request that they make the promise to enter rooms differently, feeling compelled to respond in the most positive way because this was a scary woman and he wanted to make it clear that he understood and promised and meant it. The next question had him thinking. ALL the defensive spells he could do? Could he even remember them? It was a while before he raised his hand.

"Protego, Impedimenta, uhh... Expelliarmus." He thought about mentioning the Silver Shield one but he'd never quite got to a point where he could cast it and know it would work every time. "Incarcerous... Oh, Confringo, too." Confringo had been used quite liberally in Toby's practical DADA OWL, so he was pretty confident that that was a good one. But... what had that other spell been, at the end of that practical. "Carpe Retractum? That can be used defensively, 'cause Professor Romanos covered it. And Glacius. But also," Toby quickly added before she could move to the next kid, as he fidgeted a bit in his seat out of habit, and had to fight the urge to pick up his wand and twirl it between his fingers. Instead, he twirled his quill. "There's tons of everyday spells that can be used defensively if you know how. Dozens. Hundreds, for some people. You can, like... use your creativity, I guess. Use spells you know for sure if you need to, even if they're not conventionally defensive?"

WHICH... was going further than the question she'd asked, but he just wanted to make the point that even if you weren't so great at those 'official' defensive spells, there were still others that could help if you used them creatively. Maybe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Excellent answer…THANK YOU?!

He didn’t hear these kind of words very often so excuse him for smirking at this moment.
While the woman was talking, he wondered what his parents would think about the whole situation. Even at Hogwarts. So the school wasn’t a safe place anymore. Wait, it had never been a safe place. Actually, he was only in his fourth year and he had seen stuff that would close the doors of Hogwarts immediately once an inspection came along.

He hoped not, despite the fact that he might not look like he cared, he did. He liked Hogwarts even with the stupid classes and stupid Professors and stupid students. It had a charm and the castle was simply beautiful. So yes, he would be more aware of his surroundings especially in empty rooms.

Which defensive spells they knew…………. Ehm…. He knew more offensive spells than defences…. When it was his turn to speak, Kevin cleared his throat. “Expelliarmus, Impedimenta, Stupefy , Tarantallegra and the revulsion jinx…. I know more offensive spells though” he frowned. And had anyone noticed how he had NOT said the protego spells? Yeah, cause he sucked at them. Maybe it was because he didn’t like defensive spellwork…attacking all the way was his style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Cilla listened to her fellow students listing the defensive spells they were capable of performing with an ever-sinking heart. She was starting to lose confidence in herself and fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry174 View Post
Angel was a bit scared and frighten now as the headmistress seemed to be telling her that she was wrong, but maybe Lumos wasn't right but she thought about what the Professor said and raised her hand. "Professor, how about Homenum Revelio?" Angel said quietly, she didn't want to be wrong again but that might help right.

Angel then listened to the rest of what the Professor said and she raised her hand again. "Expelliarmus, Protago, Stupify, Immobulus , Petrificus Totalus." Angel was good at a few more but she really needed to remember what the others spells were called because at the minute her mind was blank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer11 View Post
So it was like that? Jasmine had told Janelle that crazy things tended to happen at Hogwarts, but she had always felt safe. Now someone had died? Way to scare the firsties. As if the Headmistress wasn't scary enough........now Janelle would be peeking around every corner and probably suspicious of everyone and everything.

If Janelle thought she couldn't feel any worse, she was wrong. What defensive spells did she know? Very few. And as she listened to her classmates rattle off their spells, she felt very bad. Reluctantly, Janelle raised her hand to answer the question.

"I know Protego." Don't ask her how she knew it, she just did. "Diminuendo and Silencio.......because if someone doesn't know how to do nonverbal spells.......well then they can't cast on you." That was a woefully short list and they probably weren't all technically considered defensive spells, but that's what she knew so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
Wow. This was intense.

So intense in fact that Maggie had even put up her hair. Because apparently things were going to happen in this class. They would be doing things. Things where she should NOT be distracted by her beautiful hair. Well, she had left a few strands out so they could frame her face you know. She was actually twirling one around her finger right this second.

Listening too though. AND taking notes. Yes.

Oh. Spells. Right. She could do that hot air charm spell thing. To dry her nails. That was CRAZY useful you know. But probably didn't count as such right now. Uhm. Uhm. Uhm. Could she do anything???? It seemed like she REALLY needed to find someone to PROTECT her. Someone STRONG. Yes.

She looked around but before she could find someone who fit that description she heard people mentioning the protection spell. OOH YES! That one. She could do that one. Sort of. Pretty sure she could. So she quickly raised her hand and said, "Protego!" YES! Go her!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWolfe Malfoy View Post
Keeping ones self composed at all times was key. Getting scared, upset or losing focus could all be disastrous in a matter of life or death. There would be no tears at the mention of a fallen house mate but she would think of it. However she slid silently into her seat when they had been told, her wand placed at the top of her desk. Next came her parchment and quill right in front of her, the quill taking place in her hand the moment those around her began giving their answers.

Hady quill quickly met the parchment as she formed a list of all the defensive spells that were being said. Each spell she wasn't able to preformed received a small star next to it so she could reminded herself to learn it.

Everyone's answers were kind of the same but if she didn't answer then she'd probably get called out on it so slowly she lifted her hand into the air. "Right now I'm able to cast stupefy, expelliarmus, protego, immobulus, bombarda and impedimenta..." Lowering her hand she frowned slightly at herself knowing there was most likely more but she couldn't recall them right now. She needed to make sure she learned more spells...harder ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeheeheeny View Post
Ooookay... yeah, it was pretty loony that the HEADMISTRESS HERSELF was telling them that Hogwarts wasn't safe and that, basically, they weren't safe. Sure, they all had always kind of known that in the back of their minds - there was no such thing as a quiet year at Hogwarts without some sort of chaos - but this high-tension discussion was... Merlin, kind of devastating, wasn't it? Did this mean she couldn't go for runs on the grounds in the future without being ready to get attacked? That was kind of... unnerving. A lot unnerving. Why did any of them attend this school again?

It was nice that the headmistress approved of her answer, though, and Sophie relaxed a little - then she visibly relaxed further when she caught sight of Flamsteed entering the room. Sure, the man looked anxious as could be, but he was THERE. That meant only good things. Like that Truebridge wouldn't rip off any of their heads and become the danger she was warning them of. That was good, wasn't it?

Enter a classroom differently in the future? But... but... hmm. Her hand went up and she waited to be called upon, "Headmistress, I think... I think a good spell, the kind that would be really helpful, especially in the kinda situations you want us to be vigilant of, Homenum Revelio WOULD be a desired spell to use," as a Gryffindor noted, "but I can at least attest up to the fifth years that we've not learned that spell. Could we...?" Cover that one? Would the woman teach them? "...Will you teach us? Please?" Was Sophie allowed to make that request? Worth a shot, wasn't it?

And while it was her turn to talk... "I also agree with Tob...ias," eh hem, "that what we might consider offensive spells can also be defensive, too, in loads of ways." That being said... "I can do..." she counted on her fingers, "Expelliarmus, variations of Protego, the silver shield spell, Impedimenta, Incarcerous and Ligatenous, Stupefy... Petrificus Totalus... Immobulus?" She was sure there were others, but her mind was blanking on the others. She should've tried to write out a list first. Meh.
"Yes.......she answered Sophie slowly. She was so eager to learn, it was difficult not to give her more attention. Huh, the Headmistress had thought that Bellaire had taught them all a variation of homenum revelio. But yes. "Yes, we will be learning that one. Please... keep participating." Because what else was she to say? It WAS next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpediem View Post
Taking her quill in her left hand, Ophelia wrote CONSTANT VIGILANCE on the piece of parchment in big letters. Because that was the gist of what she was saying, basically. Everything else was written in small print below it, but the constant vigilance was basically what was needed. Something had to have happened, because the blonde hand't seen the headmistress this angry and serious since the fight at the beginning of the year. Then again, it wasn't like the twelve year old saw much of the headmistress, but still. Something was definitely going on. Either that or the headmistress LOVED protection like Ophelia loved being outside.

Did Austin notice her straightened hair? It seemed like he did, which was awesome! He was noticing things! And now that he didn't seem so sad about his mother and the demon spawn that he called his baby sister, they could actually hang out and explore the grounds! It would be like the beginning of last year when they met in the common room. Was her heart fluttering? Eww. She wasn't THAT infatuated with the boy. Calm down body, it was a puppy crush, not some intense melodrama.

Speaking of the King, he didn't know much in the way of defensive spells, did he? Crap. The Ravenclaw was kind of counting on his protection, which meant that in order for that to happen, he had to know something. She was only twelve, with innocent --yeah right-- round, grey eyes. He was supposed to be the man here. She knew nothing in the way of defensive spells either! Well, maybe Expelliarmus. But pretty much everyone knew that spell. Could she still raise her hand and say it?

"It's not much. But I know Expelliarmus pretty well. Maybe." Yeah, suuuuuuuchh confidence in her defensive work. But there really wasn't anything to be defensive about? Why was the headmistress talking about threats at Hogwarts? Yes, there was a bunch of dangerous and scary stuff here. But did any of it threaten anyone before? Not that Ophelia knew of. The fact that the red headed woman kept bringing it up at all was making her nervous. What was going on around here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Oh, Truebridge liked to call her by her first name. She raised her hand. "May I call you by your first name, too, Anastasia?" she asked before....thinking out. Well damn. It probably wasn't okay. But Eden was a little annoyed--more than fearful, at this point--TRUEBRIDGE WAS COMING IN HERE LIKE SHE OWNED THE PLACE?

She did own the place >.<

BUT STILL. Eden didn't APPRECIATE the tone! Truebridge was suggest they were all...MENTALLY DEFICIENT.

....and while trying to sloooowly slide down into her chair more, her cheeks RED, even more so, she tried to think of a spell she was even good at in the defense category. Maybe she was deficient. Merlin.

She raised her hand again. She wasn't really an old hat at DADA...."Um. Protego....the Silver Shield Spell...um..." What ELSE? "Tongue-tying curse..."

And she was done.
.....and just like that, the redhead's confidence in Hogwarts' students was diminished. "I think not. We are not on a first name basis. Ten points from Ravenclaw for your cheek." And wouldn't she like to cast a tongue-tying curse on Eden McGee right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Eye Touz View Post
Yeeeeeeeeah so who pooted in Bunz's coffee this morning? Meow. Basically, this class was...

"you're the WORST"

...followed up with a side of "You all are going to die".

Haha Kind of cool. Like, if this was the Pre-Battle Speech, Zahra was READY. It'd bee COOLER if this battle could wait until her and Mikey had saved enough dough for a SWORD, but yeah.

Hm. "I killed a troll in Potions with a little swish and flick of a desk once. I mean, defense/offense are kind of the same when you're REALLY being attacked. "
"Correct, they are." And that was all really to be said about Miss Kettleburn, except... had the troll really died last year? That was the troll to which she was referring, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezerz
Promise. She was going to treat Hogwarts like what it was, which was uncertain ground. Beverly had been blinded by confusing it to a second home that she'd forgotten it was an actual dangerous place where people died. This served her as a lesson, though.

Her gaze happened to lock with Aditya, whom she shot a firm nod at. She didn't feel like playing their little game at the moment, but she did agree with the Headmistress. They were in charge when adults weren't present.

Name ALL of the spells she was proficient at. Well crud.

Beverly jotted them down on a piece of parchment before raising her hand. "The spells I'm proficient in are: the Body-Bind Curse, Tickling Charm, Shield Charm, Expelliarmus, Stunning spell, Tarantallegra, the Impediment Charm, Homenum Revelio, Relashio, Incarcerous..." She stopped there, but simply because most of these spells had been taught by professor Romanos that not only she should be proficient at casting them, but her classmates as well. "The spells I mentioned are some of the few I'd used as defense. Some of them are offensive, but if used correctly they can be used to protect oneself...or others."

Slowing an opponent by binding them or tickling them with a curse could be enough to buy enough time and thus save your bum. It all came down to how a spell was used because what good would a defensive spell be if used incorrectly.
Ah, and another good response... coming from Miss Wayne. She was more competent than she let on, really. Anastasia flicked her wand at the board to add two more spells.

Now, if only ALL her students could do ALL these spells...

Spells We Should All Know & Use
  • Bombarda
  • Carpe Retractum
  • Caterwauling Charm
  • Colloportus
  • Confundo
  • Depulso
  • Diffindo
  • Diminuendo
  • Disillusionment Charm
  • Duro
  • Evanesco
  • Expecto Patronum
  • Expelliarmus
  • Glacius
  • Immobulus
  • Impedimenta
  • Impiriano
  • Incarcerous
  • Incendio
  • Levicorpus
  • Ligatenous
  • Locomotor Mortis
  • Loricatus
  • Protego
  • Protego Maxima
  • Reducto
  • Relashio
  • Revelio
  • Revertoscutum
  • Rictusempra
  • Stupefy
  • Tarantallegra

But that's what they were here to learn. "Listen." The Headmistress held up a hand to stop the chalk from adding anything else to the list, and to signal that they were done bragging sharing what they knew. "We're going to learn these, all of us, as best as we can today. First I will need a volunteer. Actually, I will need..." she turned her head to total the list, "thirty-two volunteers. And you, Professor Flamsteed."

The Headmistress locked her laser blue eyes on him with a smirk. You know, she hadn't entirely read that list through to see which spells were the most dangerous. But she did have a good idea for her assistant now, and so she was going to roll with this idea. "One at a time, I would like those of you who said you were PROFICIENT at a spell to come up here and teach it to your peers. Professor Flamsteed is who you will demonstrate it on, if that is safe." The disarming and tap-dancing spells, for example, he should be able to show in action. "Otherwise, he will deflect or shield himself against the spell. So BE PREPARED should the unexpected happen."

That was how magic worked. "Now STICK TO THE LIST. Announce the wand movement, incantation, and expected outcome before you model the spell. This should be easy for your classmates to understand. If there are no further questions, let's begin."

OOC: So, there are nearly enough spells on here for each of you to pick one and demonstrate it to the class. PLEASE READ the posts of the people ahead of you, so that we are not repeating spells. You should feel free to demonstrate the spell your charrie volunteered, unless it's already been taken. In one post, introduce the spell, explain its incantation and wand movement, cast it, and then allow Flamsteed (sweetpinkpixie) a chance to reply! Don't RP the outcome of the spell but you can reply after Pixie does! Have fun! I won't be online for a while.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind