View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 08:32 PM   #30 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default No more 'arriving' posts after this, please. Just jump in and play!
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

"I said to bring your wands AND your common sense."

The Headmistress POPPED into visibility from an invisible seat near the windows, her wand already out and pointing around the room. Not pointing at students, no, just at a few lingering yoga mats she hadn't noticed earlier. Any mats remaining in the room were quickly transfigured into desks, so that there were enough for all the students. This was going to be a big lesson and everyone had BETTER have come prepared to learn.

Which, already, she had her doubts about. "Common sense might mean something different to you than it does to me, but I have years of unfortunate experience to teach me to be wary of an empty room inside Hogwarts," she continued, gesturing for the students all spread out around the room to start SILENTLY taking their seats. She began to march up and down the aisles between desks, her hard, red snakeskin Choos emphasizing every point of her lecture with a click and a clack on the floor.

"I want to see your wands out and at the top of your desk. Parchment and quills should be in hand to write down what I am going to teach you today. There will be a lecture with questions and answers and then a practical portion at the end. I expect you all to WAKE UP," she smacked the desk of sleepy-looking Hufflepuff Prefect Adi Rehman with her wand, causing a puffy, stinky cloud of yellow sulfuric gas to zoom straight up his nostrils, "and LEARN SOMETHING today. You will raise your hands when you wish to speak and will wait to be called upon. There will be no side conversations or discussions when I am talking. Points will be rewarded based on the quality of your participation, and yes, there WILL be homework. Are my expectations clear?"

The Headmistress had returned to the front of the room by now and took up a slight lean on the corner of the teacher desk, which was where she had been sitting whilst invisibly watching the students enter. "First question: What did you all do WRONG when you entered the classroom today? I don't want general answers; tell me ONE THING that you, personally, did, and what you SHOULD HAVE DONE had you been thinking along the lines of constant vigilance?"

Yes yes, a few kids had cast a wary eye around the room. But there was no real LEADERSHIP among these children, except for perhaps... the two girls who had opened windows. IF one could call that leadership.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind