View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 08:46 AM   #133 (permalink)
Magical Soul
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Dalliesa | Ab-Bot | Hogwarts Trojan War |

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlytherinSistah View Post
"Booht, Professor Botros, I want to keep me own head." He said quite forgetting that the Professor (or anyone for that matter) would have no idea what he was on about. Couldn't have read the parchment already to know the choice Cutty had made or the reasons behind it, "Can I try an animal form as well? Is it much harder?"
"It is quite hard, my boy. We're using Runic magic instead of the regular transfiguration spells. Only six and seven year, please." He sent an apologetic look his way. Ambitious Slytherin as expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazenhani View Post
She moved into the center of the room with the others. "Professor, do...we need to hold hands for this?" Because that was usually what happened when people got in a circle, wasn't it? But still, please no? She wasn't a germaphobe, but who knew what hand-washing hygiene was like with some people.
Botros smiled at the Gryffindor girl with a chuckle. "No, dear. No need to hold hands. I mainly asked you to form a circle because I don't want you to know what the other students are changing into." He widened his smile.

SO. Now that everybody was done with their choices and formed a big circle, Botros grabbed the pile of belts from his desk and started giving one belt to each student. "While Runologists aren't sure what kind of spell the trickster Loki used to creature the illusion that obscured his true form, they suggested several theories." He continued to hand out those belts. "On those belts I'm handing over are a bunch of runes, the very runes that will change your appearance in others' eyes." He walked inside the circle and stood in the center expecting them all to look at him. "Four runes, all of which help you create an illusion, maintain it, and match the image in your mind.

"Fehu, its energy is wild and very useful for magic involving swift, radical changes. Kenaz, it is the rune of the artist and craftsman and is useful when creating things is very important. Ehwaz, this is a rune of abrupt changes and is good for initiating bold new ventures. Othala, is a rune that would maintain your form as long as you will it.
" Botros paused, having finished distributing the belts. "Those four runes will appear and start glowing once we chant the incantation specified for this task." So they couldn't see them now on their belts. "First, wear the belts please and turn around so you all face the other side." Their faces should be facing the walls.

"Repeat after me, please. And keep repeating until your runes are glowing. Once they glowed, it means your appearance changed. You won't be able to see your form because as I said it is just an illusion others can see, but I'll get you a mirror later." He beamed, obviously excited about this portion of class.

Now.. "Your main task is.." He walked out of the circle to stand at his desk at the front of the class. ".. once you're changed, you turn around and look at the others. You'll have to pick the most interesting form you find and try to figure out who are they by asking them only three questions." Botros wrote the task on the blackboard in case any of them didn't hear him. "Three questions, three guesses only. If you still don't get it, you lose. If you do guess right, you win. We'll talk about the reward later." Get it? It was just a game really, something to have fun with runes because he knew none of them would be interested in creating new runic spells. Too advanced for this class anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackboard
The incantation:
fehu fehu fehu, fu fa fi fe fo, kenaz kenaz kenaz, kun kan kin ken kon, ehwo ehwo ehwo, othul othal othil othel othol
The Task:
- Repeat the incantation (Galdr) until your rune glows.
- Find a partner whose form you like.
- Ask them 3 questions & try to guess who they are.
- You can do 3 guesses only before they can tell you who they really are.
Once Finished:
- Approach me.
- I'll let you see your form via a mirror.
- Show me your parchment to make sure you have the right illusion on.
Once he was done writing, he turned around to face the kids. "Okay. Ready? Let's start with the incantation. Repeat after me." He cleared his throat and started slowly. "fehu fehu fehu, fu fa fi fe fo, kenaz kenaz kenaz, kun kan kin ken kon, ehwo ehwo ehwo, othul othal othil othel othol"
---------

ooc: - This is the last and biggest step of this lesson!
- Botros listed what your characters are supposed to do on the blackboard so you just follow those instructions. :)
- The runes are carved and drawn by Abraham so they must work, your character won't mess up with that.
- Put the name of your character's new form in your post titles at all times, please.
- You're expected to have 5 posts for this activity, it is not hard, there are a lot of steps to play.
- I'll be around and so will Botros so you can ask questions if you want.
- We have a little over 48 hrs to finish this task.
- Remember to mainly have fun with this!

SPOILER!!: Instructions again just in case
The posts can be distributed as such (but not necessarily):
1- Chant the incantation & have your runes glow.
2- Turn around & see everybody's new forms. Choose a partner.
3- Ask them 3 questions to try and figure out who they are. (they may choose another partner to ask, not necessarily try to guess who you are, too. So it doesn't have to be mutual asking & guessing.)
4- Once finished, approach the professor. (I'll get to you then and tell you what to do ;) )