View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 06:51 PM

Post Evanna Lynch on her "Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them" Newt casting

Evanna Lynch revealed who she would love to portray Newt Scamander in the upcoming production of Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them when SnitchSeeker spoke to her at last weekend's A Celebration of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort.

Evanna commented on the person who should take the part - someone slightly familiar to Harry Potter fans, and the already built-in fanbase that particular actor has.

Quote:
SnitchSeeker: In Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, who would you cast as Newt Scamander?
Evanna Lynch:
You know, actually, there was an actor who I auditioned with for My Name is Emily and he was brilliant.

They went a different way for that role – George [Webster] was brilliant for that role, it was just kind of his role – but Luke Newberry, I met him and he was just so good.

He’s sensitive and he’s quite quirky. He definitely has a deep sensitivity. He was just a pleasant person. There was good energy about him. So what happened was, on Twitter people were saying … he has a fan base. He played Teddy [Lupin] in the [Harry Potter] films – or he was supposed to play him. His fans were saying, “Luke for Newt,” and I was like, “Oh, that would be really great actually. That’s a really good fit.” So, I know he’s interested and would love to play it, I think. Who wouldn’t? It’d be an amazing part. So I think he’d be good.
Newberry himself admitted that his fans would love for him to take on Newt's role, one that he would love to be cast in as well.

The full interview with Evanna, including video, from the celebration, where she spoke about finally riding Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, her upcoming projects and personal diets, will be released later this week.