Thread: Potions 1
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 09:20 PM   #109 (permalink)
StarShine
Special Services to the School

DoM
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mona Deandra Hellmann
Gryffindor
First Year
x5 x6
¼ of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pls

Text Cut: You lot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team ronmione View Post
"Pro-Professor, what... what would happen if-if you actually dropped the the beetles into the the cauldron from a dis-tance? Like would something go... go boom!?"
Cosgrach thought about the question. "More like, the effects would go boom on the drinker." Could he imagine it? "Like, your arrogance would explode at times and such."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer11 View Post
"Yes sir, I'm Jasmine's sister. She told me all about you. She really loved your class."
Cosgrach smiled at her then. "And I really liked her, so I'm glad to hear this." He could tell she was like her big sister.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
He then grabbed the lion fur and added it to his cauldron, glancing at Culloden who was making his way around the room observing.

Had he just... "Please tell me you had divided the lion fur into two before adding." Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeheeheeny View Post
"Sir? Just wondering, but... it's a handful of lion's neck fur for the whole potion, but we all have different sized hands. So I'm curious - what's gonna be the difference between people who add more lion's fur versus people who add less 'cause they grabbed less 'cause their hands were smaller? Does the lion's fur like..." she squinted, choosing her words carefully. "Lions are confident and carry themselves really majestically, I mean, they're KINGS, so would more of this ingredient make the drinker of the potion a bit more confident than someone who adds a bit less to theirs?" Was that it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
"That's correct, Professor. It means Dove, in Spanish. But people, to make it easier, call me Pal, like friend and so..."
Her hands were not so big, so was the proportion right? "Uh, professor, in case of...hand proportions..." She mentioned, before he left, "...how would this work if my palms, let's say..." And then she showed him her medium-size hands, "They're not so big. Would the potion still work with people who have big hands?"
Oh, dove in Spanish! He smiled at her. "Pal, then." Yep. Then, he heard Sophie's question, and before he could answer, Pal asked the same. Cosgrach smiled at them.

"With such measures, like a pinch, a handful etc., it doesn't matter if your hand is small or big. The important thing is that it's a handful." Hmm? This also answered the lion thing Sophie asked, didn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
“Professor do you think that the spray version of something like this could…say have an adverse effect of causing mania? If so should I create an apparatus so that the user simply sprays the potion into their own say nose? As a way to limit the hysteria that could occur?”
Cosgrach shrugged an 'I don't know.' "I can't say anything before you create it, Puck," he said, "because it depends on how you'll make it a spray." Yeah?

Everyone was done with the steps, so Cosgrach waved his wand at the blackboard to reveal the next set of steps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackboard
4. Stir clockwise seven times with a metal stirrer
5. Wait for 7 minutes for pewter cauldrons, 5 for brass and 4 for copper. In the meantime, mix sheep wool and fox fur with salamander blood in another bowl. Make sure it's mixed well.
6. Once the time is up, add 4 tea spoons of the mixture
"Stir seven times clockwise with a METAL stirrer. If your cauldron is pewter, you need to wait for 7 minutes. If it's brass, wait for 5 minutes. If it's copper, wait for 4. You won't sit idly, however! You'll mix sheep wool and fox fur with salamander blood in a CLEAN bowl. Make sure it's mixed well, and once the time is up, add only FOUR tea spoons of the mixture. Is all clear?"

OOC: I'll post 24 hours later.