Thread: Potions 1
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 07:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
StarShine
Special Services to the School

DoM
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mona Deandra Hellmann
Gryffindor
First Year
x5 x6
¼ of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pls

Text Cut: Replies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraie View Post
She walked in and walk passed Culloden, "Hello, professor." She waved as she headed to the back of the room. First person prime choice of back row seating. Score!
Cosgrach was feeling neutral too. Not happy, nor angry or sad. It was just another day... and hopefully it'd be a day without any problems.

"Hello, Cinna," the man greeted her and waved back. Back row, huh? Why? Didn't she know teachers looked at back rows more? Or at least he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Instead of walking to a seat, the young Gryffindor made his way to the Professor's desk and stood in front of it. "We need to talk" he said as he looked him straight in the eyes. "I mean" he scratched the back of his head as he thought of more polite words and he breathed out long, puffing his cheeks as he did so because being polite was hard. "Can i come to your office some day? i need to ask you something" that was better right? ugh this was hard.
Cosgrach wasn't surprised to see Kevin, of course. Despite their differences, Kevin was a good potioneer. He was surprised when Kevin walked to him, though, and raised his eyebrows at the request. He hadn't heard that from his wife, so excuse him if he looked thoroughly surprised. What Kevin said made much more sense, and he offered the boy a small smile.

"Of course. Anytime you want." During school times, though, should he have added that?

Oh, he saw that blush. Totally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWolfe Malfoy View Post
Nothing changed. Everything appeared to be the same and that was also fine by her. Her usual grin in place she waved at the Professor. "Hello, Professod Culloden" she chirped cheerfully selecting a seat up front.
Cosgrach smiled back at her. "Hello, Hady." Could he take her cheerful mood as 'I'll be extra-careful!'? Hmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezerz View Post
Catching her breath at the door, she smoothed her hands over her robes and proceeded inside, grinning a blushy grin at the man in charge. "Good day, Professor Culloden." She'd learned a new cookie recipe, maybe she should share it with him. Yes, yes. Later.
Cosgrach grinned back at her. Yep. Grinned. Because she was one of his brightest students and he was happy to see her.

"I hope you're well, Beverly," he said. His mood would turn to 'content' if all of his favourites showed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expecto-Penguin View Post
As he said his greetings to Cinna, he noticed the Professor was in the classroom too. He smiled and greeted him with, "Hello Professor! What are we learning today?" Being the curious puff he is, he wanted to know.
Butwasn'tKacegoingtogreethim -

Oh, okay, good.

"Hey there, Kace." He laughed briefly and shook his head once. "You'll learn soon." No telling what yet.

The suspense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos.Doodles View Post
Quickly he made his way up to the front of the classroom but NOT to take a seat, no. Just so he could talk face to face, MAN TO MAN to Culloden. "Hullo Sir!!! I would give you a hug but you're sitting so that's kind of weird. So...so...yeah!" The grin -if possible- grew and Kyroh gave a small salut to the man before finding his normal seat.
Kyroh lifted Cosgrach's spirits, okay? The man couldn't help but grin WIDELY back at the boy, because the boy's cheerful state was very contagious.

"I owe you a hug, then," he said as he shook his head a little to himself. Kyroh was 13 now, the age to enter puberty wasn't he? Cosgrach wondered just WHEN he'd turn from 'cute&cheerful' to 'disgusting&ridiculously sensitive'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meizzner View Post
"Hey Professor C. Not feeling down are you, with the walls being blue and all?"
Cosgrach frowned a little at the question? What did his walls have to do with his mood? If anything... eh.

"I'm great, Dante, thank you." He smiled at him reassuringly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
As he walked by the Professor's desk he gave him a humble nod of the head. Normally he'd give him a look that said 'absolute terror' or something... But now that the man had agreed to help... And now that he'd promised Sophie Brown that he'd try and look past the scary human that was Culloden. Yeah. Just a humble nod. "Hi, Professor.... Is it just me or... Does it look a lot calmer in here?" Or maybe it's because Zander felt calmer.
Had Zander just... nodded?

And greeted??

AND admitted being calm???

Cosgrach blinked. It didn't make sense. Not at all. So, naturally, the man wanted to make Zander... squirm, so to speak, but he didn't. He'd have his chance yet. Maybe he would even give him detention, just for the fun of it.

"It's always been calm here, Zander," he said, "it's good to know you finally feel it too." Hehehehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team ronmione View Post
He walked in through the classroom and gave a quick, "Hell-oh Professor" before making his way around to the desks.
Cosgrach couldn't remember his name, but it didn't matter. He would learn it yet.

"Welcome," he said simply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
"Hello Professor," he greeted with a polite nod as he spotted the man at his desk.
Cosgrach smiled warmly at the boy. He didn't fear the class anymore, did he? The man hoped not, because that was all he could do to make the boy feel better about potions.

"Hey Benny," he greeted back. Where were Benny's people, really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2111jen View Post
Domino walked into the classroom and muttered a hello to the professor.
Was that a new student?

Looked like it.

"Hello back," the man said, and watched her a little before turning his attention back at the next student.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
"Hey, Professor," he greeted with a small wave. Yeah, HIIIII.
HIIII BACK!

Hehehehe. The man grinned widely at the boy, because Zeke was yet another lil buddy he loved. "Hi Zeke!" he said, and waved back. Another positive point to his mood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
"Hello, Professor," she greeted. "Happy Holidays!" She still couldn't believe December was already here.
Cosgrach was going to remember her name, he was!

K-k-"Kate!" Yes! "Hi." She was the girl he met in Diagon Alley. Yay for remembering her name.

"Thanks!" She was the only one who said that, how nice of her! He could tell that she and he would get along well. "You too."

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19;11719086He happily made his entrance into the classroom. "[B
Hello, Professor!'' [/B]As usual, the man got one of his signature grins before the boy went off to grab one of those comfy seats.
Ah, Adi! The lucky boy. HEHEHE. Cosgrach grinned back at the boy that he saw every month. "Hi, Adi!" he greeted back and wasn't surprised when the Hufflepuff sat next to Benny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer11 View Post
"Hello Professor Culloden", Janelle said as she passed by his desk.
Cosgrach noted how another new girl directly washed her hands upon entering. As she came closer, he wasn't surprised to see 'Ravenclaw' crest on robes. Those were the clever kind, yes.

"Hello new girl," he said - oh, she knew his name too! PERFECT! He would like this one too, clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sararara View Post
"Hi, Professor Culloden!" she said as she passed him, snagging a seat right in the front.
She'd BETTER not blow things up.

No, kidding, Not kidding. Especially when she was sitting so close to him, she'd better not. Maybe Cosgrach should pay extra attention to her -

"Hello there!" he greeted back, his smile not betraying his suspicions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy-Boo View Post
Washing her hands in the basin before class because Margo wasn't ready to try yet another spell and not be any good at. "Hello Professor." Margo added and then took her seat, she tried to be happy.
New girls were clearly of the wise kind today, he was pleased to note. They all washed their hands, greeted him and looked like very hard-working students.

"Hi there," he greeted her. He didn't know her name, but he was going to learn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
She entered the classroom happily, with a cheerful smile on her face. "Hello professor Culloden," she greeted brightly.
It was always a good thing when people were generally cheerful. They made him cheerful too. Otherwise, the class just would be terrible for everyone.

"Hayden," he said back and smiled at the girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
His racing heart-rate returned to normal as he made his way in. "Hello, Professor," He greeted as he passed Professor Culloden's desk and took the first empty seat he spotted.
...sadly, Cosgrach couldn't remember the boy's name. Still, he smiled at him. "Hello, there." He'd ask the name later, because another student had walked in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post
Still. He was here. More or less on time, too. "Hey Professor!" he called, smiling and giving the man a 'sup nod as he headed into the classroom.
Cosgrach was happy to see Grayson, and he grinned at him back. He would never be able to give the 'sup nod' as cool as Grayson, so he didn't even try.

"Grayson," he greeted back. Was the boy fine today? This Professor hoped so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
"Hi, Professor! I mean, good day." Dot winked broadly at him in the most cheerful way possible before taking a seat right in the front row.
"Dot, hello-" yeah, the 'o' came short, because Dot WINKED at him.

Once the first shock was over, he laughed. "Good day to you too," he said afterwards. These kids made his day, they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Cilla entered the classroom with a small wave and a, "Hello Professor" before she found a seat closer to the back of the classroom and sat down.
Cosgrach waved and smiled back at the -yet another- new girl. "Hi there," he said, and hoped she would prove to be a good student.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
"Good day, Professor Culloden." She greeted, giving him a warm smile and greeting nod.
There were a lot of new girls this year, weren't there?

Cosgrach smiled back at her as warmly. She knew her name too, and earned herself a few approval points. "Good day," he said back, because he didn't know her name, but would learn soon. Then, she got even more approval points as she cleaned her robes. Perfect! He would like her too, he could tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
”Good day Professor Culloden,” Puck chirped out as she walked into the room and glanced around for people to sit with.
"Miss Prefect," he greeted her back and smiled politely. He was like that with students he didn't know well - polite. Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziella View Post
Bleu walked in the classroom, and quickly washed her hands. She dried them off and with a wave, "Hello Professor Culloden."
Cosgrach was happy indeed as another new girl washed her hands. Either they got a hint, or all really knew that potions meant cleanliness.

"Hello," he said back with a smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeheeheeny View Post
"Hi, professor, sir. I brought my wits," she grinned a cheeky grin in reference to his notice regarding the day's lesson.
Cosgrach was busy with the previous girl, or else, he wouldn't have looked neutral at all. He grinned wiiiidely at her as soon as he fully acknowledged her, and he laughed at her words.

"Good of you to follow my instructions," he said, "because sometimes you lack them." Her wits. He was so funny, wasn't he?

When she sat by Dot and began cleaning her equipment, he nodded at her in approval. Was Dot watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awarlesta Black View Post
Rorie followed Puck into the classroom that was gladly not far from her common room.
Wasn't she going to greet him? No?

Oh well.

She'd better brew well, at least, yeah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slytherus View Post
"Hello, professor!" he greeted with a mad glee before noticing the color of the classroom.
Cosgrach didn't recognise the face - must be a new student, so when the boy was gleeful, the man was only confused. Must be previous potions lessons? Eeeh.

"Hi there," he greeted back. He'd see if this one was a good student yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
"Afternoon, Professor," the Hufflepuff said automatically as he entered.
Cosgrach noted Toby's... mood, but he didn't know what to make of it, so he only said "Hi Toby." Must be because the boy was tired, yeah. So Cosgrach wasn't worried a lot, and he smiled to himself when the boy ruffled Kyroh's hair. It was actually pretty cute, Sophie was Dot's big-sis, and Toby was Kyroh's big-bro. This could only mean that Kyroh and Dot would end up together.

Hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
"Hello, Professor Culloden," she said happily before taking a seat by her friends.
Ah, Lux! Another favourite student! Cosgrach grinned at her. "Hi Lux," he said, "I hope you're well today." Yeah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
She did actually send Professor Culloden a smile. “Good day, Professor Culloden,” she added, leaving out the curtsy.
One of those smart kids, Brooklyn was, so Cosgrach smiled at her warmly while she was greeting him. "Hello, Brooklyn," he greeted her. Good students always lifted his spirits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRaven View Post
"Good day, Professor Culloden." Bianca politely greeted the potion master who was sitting on his desk. Then she grabbed a seat on the middle row.
Cosgrach nodded at her. "Good day," he said back as politely as she said it. Then, he checked his watch. It was time.

Cosgrach got up from his seat and closed the door. Then, walking back to the middle of the blackboard, he smiled at them.

"For the new students, I'm Professor Cosgrach Culloden and..." What else should he say? "If you want me to learn your names, write it on a paper and leave it on your desks." Hmm? All good, newbies? He started pacing the room slowly.

"Today, we'll learn about Trust Me-self Potion. As you can guess, it enhances self-confidence and helps the drinker persuade others. This isn't to say the drinker is able to persuade people to do anything. They can just use the right words and use their voice better." That was it, honestly.

"I'll give more information as we brew, so let's begin." He'd reached the back row by now, and leaned on the wall facing the blackboard. He drew his wand, and the ingredients appeared on the blackboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackboard
Trust Me-self
  • 7 ground scarab beetles
  • a handful of lion's neck fur
  • two handfuls of fox tail fur
  • two tea spoons of salamander blood
  • 300 grams of sheep wool
  • a sprig of chopped peppermint
1. Fill the cauldron with water and light a fire at maximum
"Please fill your cauldrons with water and light a fire at maximum."

OOC: I'll post about 24 hours later.