View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 08:01 AM   #19 (permalink)
StarShine
Special Services to the School

DoM
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mona Deandra Hellmann
Gryffindor
First Year
x5 x6
¼ of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pls

Cosgrach was pleased with the answers they gave and he was beaming. They got this, he knew. They would create the perfect potions.

"Ingredients obviously need to do the effect you want your potion to do," he began, "but as some of you mentioned, how you prepare and mix these ingredients are very important too. Though, for today, our focus is on the ingredients. We'll talk about how to prepare them later." He took out his wand. "Last but not least, magic." He smiled at Kyroh, because he was the one who mentioned it. "Last term, we learnt that muggles cannot brew our potions even if they have all the ingredients. Precisely. So, to sum up, you need intent, right ingredients, the right way to mix them and magic to successfully create a potion."

He waved his wand and the ingredients of Polyjuice Potion appeared on the blackboard.

"Let's analyse Polyjuice Potion to understand it better." And so, he read aloud what he had written on the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackboard
Polyjuice Potion

Fluxweed: For the mutability of the body as it changes into another
Knotgrass: Ties to another person
Lacewing Flies: Binds two identities together
Leeches: Sucks the essence out of one and into the other
Horn of Bicorn: Bicorns have two horns, so it is for the idea of duality
Skin of Boomslang: To shed outer body and grow a new one.
He paused to look at them. "I hope all is clear? Any questions?" He paused to give them the chance, then he gestured at the books on his desk.

"Here are the books of Encyclopedia of Potions and Potion Ingredients. Take a copy of them and find the right ingredients for your potions until our next meeting. Just the ingredients now, please. Then you may leave. I'll leave them here for those who didn't come. Oh, by the way, you can keep the books." He was such a great professor that he bought books for them!

OOC:
1. The Polyjuice Potion is taken from Pottermore and Harry Potter Wikia.
2. These two websites are the ones I use for the 'magical' ingredients. However, you're free to find any 'mundane' ones too, as long as you think it's needed in your potion.
3. It'd be lovely if you PMed me the ingredients, even if you find them after the second meeting.
4. Any questions? PM or IM!