View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 03:56 AM   #22 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Speaking of families she turned her eyes on Mariel as she spoke up with some questions. "Yes as I've said I feel anyone carrying a license should be an age of seventeen or older. The license testing should help keep that in check, but the license holder could certainly travel with his or her family. I think there are safety charms out there to keep little ones safely on the rugs and myself and the transportation department would look into safety seating for the young."

"Well the first step I would take is getting all the pro's and con's straight and working closely with the transportation department to bring the community as much information as possible on how with our regulations could lift the ban and why it would be beneficial for all to have the ban lifted. Having more events like the one the transportation had last year can bring more information and more hands on experiences. With all these steps and the hard work of the ministry I feel we can prove that Magic Carpets are not a bad thing, but a great opportunity." Mariel always had the great questions and she was glad her friend was there.
Mariel listened carefully as Victoria spoke her thoughts about magic carpet safety. Even though she was Vic's biggest supporter, she was still quite interested in what she had to say on the subject. Mariel was certain that one day the ban would be lifted and she had every intention on transporting her family on one of those and it had to be the safest thing out there. Safety charms, yes.. that would have to be strictly enforced, she thought. She might have to talk to the Head of Transportation. When she actually had time.

"Yes, I agree that the symposium the Ministry was quite beneficial," she agreed with a smile as Victoria brought that up. No matter what some people thought of it. "A great way to educate the public on not only the good points of that particular mode of transportation but any concerns that would need to be addressed as well." Hands on experience would be a great idea, maybe they could even have training sessions. Mariel nodded as Vic spoke, her own mind thinking of these things as well. Because really, without that symposium, Mariel probably wouldn't have thought much about it for her own family. Now she was kind of glad that it was out in the open for possible integration into the country. "Very good points, thank you." She hoped that everyone was listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Stepping to the front of the booth beside her fellow candidates, the brunette heard the last question asked by a younger looking voter which actually delighted Lorraine to know that young people took such an interest.

"Magic carpets are muggle artifacts the same way that magic broomsticks are, or use of an artifact to create a portkey. They must be cared for, of course, but if they're there then why not use them? It will in fact, create a new lineup for the creation of carpet care kits, much like we have broomstick servicing kits." So they would be used, protected, and cared for.
Mariel turned her green eyes on Mrs. Ellsbury next as she began to speak. She was a little confused by her stance though. It sounded like she was in favor of magic carpets to be used as transportation, but speaking on the muggle artifact topic like she was, sent sort of a different message since that was why they were banned in this country in the first place. "Then you are in favor of their use by Wizarding Britain?" Mariel raised a questioning eyebrow as she asked the woman to clarify. "I will pose the same question to you that I did to Mrs. Culloden... what safety measures and regulations would you insist on to ensure the safety of children traveling with their parents?" That was the most important issue to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Welp, at least she wasn't as bad as her husband. That was a relief after the scene he'd caused at the budget booth. "So are cars. Plus, they are easier to hide from Muggles, considering they use them too. And you don't need a coat to ride in one." And yes, she had a child, could relate and she used cars to get both herself and Ronan around. Preferred it that way. Much, much easier to blend in and she didn't have to worry about him falling out.
What. No. Just no. Mariel just looked blankly at Roxanne, clearly unimpressed with her line of thinking. She did not ride around in cars, no thank you. There was no reason for them to completely act like muggles. "Cars aren't exactly the issue here. I don't think anyone was proposing trading in a magical device for a muggle one." Really, what was the point of that when they could successfully use magic? "I don't need a coat to ride my broom either." Ever hear of heating charms? Clearly the woman was muggleborn if she was more interested in using muggle devices than magical ones. She eyed the technology Roxanne had brought today before turning her attention back to the candidates in favor of lifting the ban. She couldn't relate to someone who'd rather use muggle things than magic anyway, so she was done with her questions for Ms. Carter.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line