View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 02:35 PM   #132 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

SPOILER!!: Answers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saz Hale View Post
Abby thought and raised her hand and said "The cat that is further away is predicting that something good will happen in the future" Abby wasnt sure but she might as well guess anyway

The first hand went up and Cassie smiled, "That could be depending on what the good is, but washing means a little bit more. Good guess though." She got snaps for trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry174 View Post
Angel listened to everyone else, she was a bit confused so hadn't said anything before now, she didn't like this kind of divination, could she go back to normal divination where they used mirrors and crystals balls because that would be a lot less hassle.

Angel raised her hand. "Maybe one is saying that it's going to be a calm day, whilst the other is saying that it's going to be a bad day and everything that could and can go wrong will." Angel thought she might as well guess.
She glanced back at the grooming cats thinking about what Angel said, "That is very interesting that you got those thoughts out of observing these cats. While I like the guess, it's not exactly right, but great job for trying." She loved effort, it's what made the world tick. Snaps for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezerz View Post
This was trickier considering the cats' actions weren't depicted from how they might be feeling, but more of what the body posture could mean, which could lead to loads of things since everyone had different perspectives. Apparently there were specific ones. Good. This was distracting her and challenging her brain.

Studying the grooming cats carefully, Beverly raised hand. "A grooming cat may mean new things?" she guessed. "Maybe predicting something or someone is coming our way." That's what people did anyway when they were expecting someone. They groomed themselves to look presentable and all that.

What different grooming styles meant, she wasn't sure. Maybe it signified either thing or person?
Beverly got enthusiastic snaps, "Very good Beverly, very good ideas and you are on the right track!" Someone would be coming their way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Okay this cat stuff was weird. Merlin. But yet he still wrote down what showed up on the blackboard because this stuff may pop up on OWLs and he needed all the help he could get really. Though, if cats could predict the weather... No. That was strange and couldn't possibly be true. Cats aren't even that intelligent. If anything, maybe crups. Crups probably had cooler abilities though. Really why would you need cats to predict weather if you can just get an Astronomer to do the same thing or Weathermen. Having to make interpretations of sitting positions... Just all too difficult.

AND HOLD UP A MINUTE. If Professor Morgan's cats could predict weather, how come she never said anything about the SNOW STORM in his third year???? They could have probably done something to prevent it or maybe oh... Have been better prepared?!?! Weird. This was all just a bit weird.

"Something about wind maybe?" Like wind messing up their fur... So they have to groom it?
She looked to Zander as he put up his hand and gave him encouraging snaps, "Not exactly, but I like your thought process. Good try."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
So her observation had been good. That made Lux smile, pleased with herself. It had all been a guess and even though she got it wrong she didn't mind because she was learning a lot. It was important to look at the big picture and as she wrote down more notes she felt that this lesson was starting to make a lot of sense.

Studying the grooming cats, she honestly had no idea what the significance to each method was. This was the kind of lesson where things initially were beyond her understanding but made sense once explained. Maybe another textbook reread was necessary because it had been a while and she had forgotten a lot of the material. The only Divination methods she had studies this term were the ones they had already covered.

Raising her hand, she hazarded a guess. "Well, that one appears to be rather calm so I'm guessing that it's saying that things will be good and well...calm. The other one seems more alert and cautious, so I'm guessing it's saying that something unexpected is coming and it's probably not something we will like." As she spoke of each cat, she pointed at it.
Lux was speaking next and Cassie grinned, "Very interesting that you thought that of the two." She glanced at the cats, "Not quite though, but nice ideas." Snaps for Lux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samia View Post
Noel frowned when the professor said his name wrong: "NOEL professor" he corrected as politely as possible. Noah was such a sad name.

Reading what was written on the board, Noel's confusion increased. How can a cat possibly predict that? He did not understand. He noted it down anyway. Divination was weird like that.

Looking at the other two cats, he ALMOST felt an 'awww' in his heart because LOOKITTHAT. But how could a cat licking itself be predicted into something? So Noel said .... "Um .. I think they are both contradicting each others readings" Heh heh heh ["But maybe one is saying its going to be a really rainy day and the other is saying it will be just slight drizzling" See contradiction, since one was licking herself more than the other.
"OHMYMERLIN!!! I am so bad with names at times, I'm so sorry Noel it will not happen again." SUPER embarrassed professor! Gosh how could she have done that! Well moving on and trying not to duel on the negative, she gave him extra snaps to encourage and bring back positive energy in the room, "Some do say that reading two cats at once can contradict each other, but these two like the last are actually complementing or helping each other."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy-Boo View Post
Margo was watching the felines lick themselves. Not the way she would want to bath, but then again she wasn't a cat. Looking at them both individually Margo was trying to make out what they meant. How could two cats in the same room, same environment mean two different things..... this part didn't make sense.

"The first one looks peaceful again, like it really is just bathing." Margo was giving her best guess, she really hoped that she didn't sound two off. "The second one kind of seems on edge, like the licking is a out of nervousness." At least that's what it seemed like to Margo.

"Professor, how can two cats in the same environment be 'predicting' different things?" Maybe it was a stupid question.
She looked to the first year and smiled. "Those are great observations, but both cats are telling us something." She gave the girl snaps for trying, "Well that is a discussion that has come up with many people, but many times they are not predicting two different things. Usually when you have two they are playing off each other to get in more detail." She would explain in a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Okay, so he had been off that time around. He still got snaps though so that as great. Did Professor Cassie know she was helping to keep him in a good mood? Even though he snuck a few glances at AJ, he didn't feel that depressed when he saw her.

Moving on!

Two more kitties. Adi studied the little furballs then raised a hand. "The one licking its paw seems more relaxed so I'm going to say nothing bad is going to happen while the other cat is signalling some shake up is on its way." Again, total guesses here.
She smiled towards Adi as he seemed eager to answer, "Wonderful thoughts Adi, many are looking at the stress level each cat seem to be in, but that's actually not the case at all. I do like your observation and thoughts though." More snaps, because all effort was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Eden felt like this stuff was something that took a LOT of memorization, and if it wasn't your niche, then...well it sucked. She was scribbling down notes very quickly. Professor Morgan was so nice--most of them were wrong in their answers and she STILL was very nice. Hehe.

Yet again, when Eden glanced at the cats Morgan indicated, she had NO CLUE what the heck they could mean...like at all. Hmph. PROFESSOR MORGAN WAS SO SMART. One of the cats looked quite silly, too..it made Eden SMILE. Cats.

Adorable.

But she raised her hand anyways. "Well...the one that is licking his paw seems....well he seems at ease. So maybe this means that calm times are ahead." Merlin, this was like a BIG guessing game. 'The second one has his..foot pointed at the sky--and like--his eyes are all big and round--troubles times ahead?"

She felt really dumb. -_- She was SO going to get this wrong.
There observation was so fascinating, Cassie looked back to the second cat. She really didn't even notice it's eyes being big. Very interesting... "Good thoughts and I love your observations, but we don't need to look at it's eyes or position. It's more the paws that we need to focus on this time." She got snaps for being a great observer though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
Hayden's hand shot into the air. "Earthquake!" Yes she knew she had already guessed that but she still wanted to guess that again. The cat was very disorganized and its limbs were all over the place. So, yes, earthquake. "Or tornado. Or maybe a flood." Could you tell she had no idea what she was talking about? Because she didn't.

The first one, though, she had no idea what that one meant. Didn't all cats do that? It was a normal thing, right? So it couldn't mean something completely out of the ordinary. Hayden studied it, and tried to make connections about the movements. What did they symbolize? Finally, she raised her hand again. "That one goes like this after licking its paw." She demonstrated, rubbing the back of her hand against the top of her head like cats did when they licked their paws. "So, um, a tidal wave is coming. One that will be really tall and crash over the top of the cat's head." She was really good at this, she should consider going into it professionally.

She jumped a bit when one said Earthquake a bit loud and looked smiling at Hayden. "Interesting, very interesting. Your thought process and reasoning if very good, but these two actually aren't saying anything about the weather." She got snaps for get work though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazenhani View Post
Amur sunk a little lower in her chair. A cat's head against the floor meant a storm was coming? It made much less sense than the curled-in-a-ball aspect. That, she could somewhat understand. She curled in a ball when she was comfy, and also when she was uncomfy. So, it made sense that it could be both comfortable while predicting uncomfortableness at the same time.

Maybe?

She was going to go with that.

This paw licking thing though.....

Amur narrowed her eyes and stared, trying to glean something. She tried, hard. Really tried. But when her hand went up the only answer she could fathom was "That the next food we eat is going to taste weird."

Why else would creatures make such faces, if it wasn't because they weren't tasting something gross.
Looking to the next student with an answer she paused for a moment, "That is a very creative and interesting answer. Though I hope it's not true since the next thing you will have is some special treats at the end of class." She would hope her birthday cupcakes weren't tasting weird. They were chocolate, her favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Okkkaaayyyyyy. Sooooooo... it was different. It WASN'T just what he'd do or what they were doing, it was PARTLY what they were doing, or how they were positioned in terms of their heads. Yep. And tails. Paws. Ears? STUFF!

He was learning, but only just.

Nevertheless, now they were on the topic of cats licking themselves. How was he going to explain this to people at home? To Ashley? ...

Hand up, he had a stab at the answer. "I have no idea, Professor, but maybe when the cat licks its paws it means that there's good travelling weather? And like with that other one, that maybe there will be strong breezes that blow good luck and things to you?" He really was just stabbing in the dark.
Looking to Zeke she smiled and gave encouraging snaps, "Nice thoughts Zeke, I like how you use their paws to indicate the wind and weather. The paws are exactly what we need to look at, but not for the weather."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expecto-Penguin View Post
Kace shrugged and he was more focused on the cat than the future. He admitted it. He thought those little guys were adorable. Now onto the next question. He saw the two photos of the cats licking each other. They were grooming each other in different ways. He thought about it and he had an idea. He raised his hand....

"Professor I think the first cat who is just grooming his paw.." he pointed to it. "I think it probably predicts something good will come your way." I mean the cat looked happy so he wasn't wrong? Now onto the second picture. "For the second picture...I would predict that something dangerous is coming." I mean the cat look uncomfortable in that photo. Even by the looks of its eyes.

Hey if she was wrong, he was wrong but that is what he thought. He looked around and wondered what everyone else was saying.
Hearing Kace she turned her green eyes on him and gave him some encouraging snaps before her eyes grew a little and looked around. "I like your thoughts on the first cat, though we aren't predicting the weather with these two cats, but I'm sorry Kace, I'm not sure what picture you are talking about. We are studying these two cats in the room." She didn't have any pictures up of cats, did she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
This was fun. Toby liked this game, though he was pretty sure it wasn't a game so much as an educational activity or something like that. BUT... it was fun. And Toby associated FUN with GAMES so... yeah. It was especially good that Professor Morgan seemed to like his answers, even though they weren't totally correct.

He stretched out his pointin' hand and arm before raising it to answer the next question, almost like he was limbering up or something. It felt almost indecent to watch the cats cleaning themselves, but Toby reminded himself that cat's were so often carefree and wouldn't stick around if they were uncomfortable, so like, yolo, right?

"That one," the seventeen year old said, point at the cat licking its paw. "Is all... 'I'm gonna lick my paw and hold it in the air to work out wind direction 'cause it's gonna be WINDY all up in here,' and THAT one... is all-" here Toby pointed at the next cat, but he didn't really have a clue of what this could mean, so he paused, waggling his fingers out of habit, before he eventually went with the first thing that sprang to mind. "... 'Winter is coming.'"

Which, y'know, would be accurate if it was right, because winter, WAS coming.

Wait.

"Professor," Toby said, looking around at all the cats. "Are they all predicting different things for the same day? Or like... for different days, maybe?" On account of them doing different things and all. Maybe some of them were mistaken.
Listening to Toby she tilted her head towards the cats and could totes see why he was thinking the way he was. "Very good observation Tobias, but these two cats are actually not saying anything about the weather." She gave him snaps for his effort though it was great thoughts. Turning her attention back to him as he asked his question, "That is a debate on whether or not more then one cat is wise to read at a time, but some say they play off of each other in readings. Meaning that you can get a little more detailed reading using two instead of just one."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraie View Post
What did a cat smacking you in the face with its tale predict?

Merlin was still twitching his tale in her face. She couldn't even see the notes she was writing down. Caning her head around to look at her notebook. "Merlin, go bother Grayson." She whispered to her cat. Seriously he was right over there. GO... Any other time that's were he would be.

She scribbled down the notes and finally caught up with it. There finally. Now she could answer some questions. She raised her hand. "Professor, doesn't cats grooming themselves, indicate visitors?" Because not all of the predictions from cats was about the weather, right? They were just making sure they looking good for their company.
Turning her head towards Cinna she beamed and gave enthusiastic snaps, "Very good Cinna, that is exactly right. They are each saying a little differently that visitors will be coming." This was exciting to have a few on the very right track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Ohh, so Kate was right about the two cat's sleeping. But...that meant bad weather was on the way. Ugh. Kate hated when it wasn't good weather out. Things had a tendency to get really boring really fast. She turned her attention to two different cats then, both bathing. She observed the different ways in which the cats bathed. The second one looked hilarious, earning a light laugh from Kate.

She make a quick conclusion then raised her hand. "I think the first one is indicating calmer weather, just like one of the cats sleeping was doing. That second one, though, I think he's warning us that really wild and unpredictable weather is on the way." He still looked hilarious.
The first year was speaking about weather again and Cassie smiled and snapped encouragingly. "That is a great way to think about it. I could see where you are getting those readings, but this time it's not about weather." She was glad they were giving so many guesses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
Dylan beamed as he got snaps. He may have been wrong but hey, he liked the snaps. They made him feel good about trying.

Glancing up at the board, he felt it would be good to write this down. Flipping open his notebook to a blank page, he quickly scribbled down with his quill what the Professor had written on the board. When he finished, he glanced up just as she began talking. Deciding what she said was notebook-worthy too, the fifth year jotted down some more notes.

Looking towards the cats she pointed out, he looked at them quizzically, trying to decide what it meant. Slowly, he raised his hand, deciding to give guessing another go. "Well," he began, still eyeing the cats. "The fluffier one looks really alert, like a dangerous sort of weather is coming, and the other looks quite calm so maybe nothing too dangerous?" He suggested, his eyes moving back to the Professor.
Turning to Dylan she smiled, "That is a great observation and thought processes. I could totes see where you are coming from, but this time our reading isn't going to be about weather." Tricky she knew, but they would get the hang of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
Ruby was watching the cats, partly fascinated, partly confused.

"Does it always have to be weather things?" She asked, hand up. Because like... "They're washing themselves soooo maybe they are hinting we should get all dressed up for important visitors. Or maybe it just means getting ready in general." Ruby defintely felt more ready for things when she was all clean and primped and perfected, so it made sense to her.
Now Ruby had a great question and she got snaps for it, "No it doesn't, like I had said earlier, many use it for weather alone, but there are some that use cat behaviors to predict other things." Which they would be getting into all that in just a second. Looking to the cats again Ruby got more snaps, "Very good thoughts and you are on the right track."

"Wonderful job everyone, wonderful job!" She was very excited about how they all were observing the cats. "Now make sure when you are looking at our furry friends that you aren't looking into too many details. Some of you were talking about the stress level, their eyes, and the way they were bathing. First start with the big picture, like this one just cleaning it's paw. It's sitting nicely and just cleaning a paw, not it's entire body, so we focus on just that first. The paw only." She glanced at the cat as it picked up it's other paw washing it once, twice, three times and then casually looked at her. Flicking her wand for the blackboard again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboard

washing paw three times If a cat washes it paws three times it means you will receive a visitor from the direction they are looking.

grooming with paw at left ear If a cat is grooming with their paw to their left ear, it means a woman will soon visit.
"Now as we look at the meaning, some of you were spot on by saying visitors. This cat is letting us know we will be having a visitor soon and from the direction it's looking I wouldn't think it was a human friend." Since he was facing the wall. Possibly a spirit was going to visit soon, it wouldn't be the first time in this room. "Looking at our second cat see how her paw is above her left ear. This is indicating that a visitor will be a woman." She pointed to the board again. Were they understanding?

"A few of you had the question about cats saying different things, well like I mentioned this is a debate around the magazines and studies. Some say they do, but our first two cats both talked about the weather, one said it was calm but it won't be for long and the other said a storm was coming. So even though they were doing two different things they were working together to say the weather is nice today, but don't expect it to stay with the storm coming. These two both are talking about visitors. One told you where the visitor will come from and the other told you who the visitor will be." She snapped with the excitement of it.

"Pull out your books and turn to page 97 and 98. You will find a list of cat behaviors and the meanings. I know, I know it was mean of me to not do this at the beginning, but I wanted to get your brains working and your observation senses perked and by the answers I've gotten today I think I did my job." Fabulous answers she was still on cloud nine with how great they were doing. "Now for the twenty minutes I'd like for you to pick out four different cats to do readings on. On a piece of parchment I want you to write down your observations and then decide if any go together or if you feel they are all telling you different things. My friends that brought their own cats, you can do one of your readings on them and I hope you don't mind if others observe them as well." There were plenty of cats in the room so it shouldn't be hard for everyone to find cats to observe. "You can share cats as well, so don't think you have to have four cats that no one else is using."

She made her way up to the desk and poured herself another cup of tea. "You may begin, any questions just ask."

SPOILER!!: Page 97 and 98
Weather

Curled in a ball If a cat is curled in a ball everything is still and calm for the moment, but one should keep alert for something coming in the future.

Laying with forehead against the floor If a cat is sleeping with it's forehead to the floor it means stormy weather will be coming.

stretched out If a cat is fully stretched out it means that good days are ahead with lots of sun.

on it's side with paw over face If a cat is fully on it's side sleeping with it's paw over it's face, this means a snow storm is coming.

Washing face and ears only If a cat is washing it's face and ears only, rain is coming.

Points tail to fire If a cat points it's tail to fire or another heat source, that means that heavy rain or frost is coming.

Behaviors
Cat following If a cat is following you, it means you will be receiving money.

washing paw three times If a cat washes it paws three times it means you will receive a visitor from the direction they are looking.

grooming with paw at right ear If a cat is grooming with their paw to their right ear, it means a gentlemen will soon visit.

grooming with paw at left ear If a cat is grooming with their paw to their left ear, it means a woman will soon visit.

Washing paw only If a cat is washing it's paw only and less or more then three times , it means that someone is upset with you.

Jumps from standing position if a cat is standing and all the sudden jumps straight up, that means an intruder will be coming.

Turns three times If a cat turns in a circle three time, it means you will gain a new friend.

swats at the air If a cat swats at the air, it means you will get good news soon.

OOC: Activity time!! For this activity just like Cassie said have your charrie find four different cats and do readings on them. Have them write the meanings and if they are related. You need to do this in five posts for full credit on the activity. I found these cat movements/meanings on different sites. You will have until Wednesday at 11 p.m. to finish. Also, you do not have to link pictures of cats. Just have your charrie describe what they are looking at.

Last edited by Bazinga; 01-19-2015 at 03:29 PM.