View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 09:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
lemon
Dark Force Defense League
Hufflepuff

DMLE
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Annaliese Toussaint
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Dmitriy Toussaint
Law Enforcement

x12 x12
Dani's Citrus Duck Spawn | Mama Giraffe | Lemon PATch | Pushed the Red Button

Oh, hey, it was his fellow governor! Finally, some company.

"Hello Atticus!" Sherman took his hand and gave it a hearty shake, quite a strong grip for a man of his age and frail appearance. He nodded to the other man's question; Lucia's job gave him some unique insight on the topic as well. It was time to put that insight to use, wasn't it?

"I do think it's possible. I know you're familiar with the repossession of Hogwarts items that occurred during the year of our election? It's also public knowledge that Gringotts, our only bank, is owned and operated by goblins. In recent years, they have allowed wizards and witches to have more and more say in the bank, as well as a multitude of work positions only goblins were permitted to hold before. But this does not change the fact that they have a great deal of the control over the safest place for our money and belongings, as well as our economy. That's why I chose this booth at which to come speak."

Pity he was the only one, though. Sherman fancied a good discussion.

Anyway. "While I do not think find extreme measures ideal, like allowing goblins to carry wands, I do think we must take some action to fortify our relationship with the race. They are smart, cunning, and we have already seen the havoc they can wreak upon our children's education and lifestyles with little to no consequences. I'm sure you know of the Goblin Liaison Office within the Department of Magical Creatures? The office is fairly inactive, the liaisons taking little to no action to better the situation. I propose that we extend a hand to them, sending our liaisons to work with the goblins. Instead of waiting for another conflict to arise and settling it, I wish to reach out and form an agreement of sorts- a treaty, if you will, and learn more about the more reasonable of their demands in exchange for their cooperation, support, and peaceful existence alongside residents of Wizarding Britain."

__________________________________..____this is why we can't have nice things, darling.