View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 07:32 PM   #107 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

SPOILER!!: Answers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saz Hale
Abby thought and raised her hand and said "Well one means that it could be set to rain over the next few days" Abby wasnt sure but it was better than staying silent
As soon as she was finished she watched the snoozing kitties a bit more before her green eyes caught the hands going up. Giving snaps to Abby she grinned, "Very good, but which one means rain, because they both do not."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden
The brunette had to shake her head to come out of that.........thing. And jotted some things down in her notebook, too. The cat Morgan had pointed to was looking sort of....twisted...or at least, Eden didn't think it looked comfortable. But of course...cats were different. And a bit more limber than humans probably. But cats...and weather? Hmm.

Eden had no clue. But. The orange cat was all curled up--"Maybe they sense that it's about to get COLD?" thus why they were curled up...to keep warm?

EHHH.
Looking towards Eden next she smiled and gave her snaps, "They could be, but each cat is actually saying something different right now. Our job is to determine what that is."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer11
Janelle had sat quietly when the last question was discussed. She had an idea, but then she heard the Animagus answer. Thinking that it was a much better answer than her own, she did not raise her hand.

When the next question was asked, Janelle had to hold back a laugh. The cats were soooo cute, especially when they were sleeping. This time she had answer and right or wrong, she was going to share it. Raising her hand, she waited to be called on and gave her answer.

"I think the first cat's position means rain. I know when it rains, I just want to curl up in a ball and sleep. The other cat's position means that it's going to be sunny. That's why he's covering his eyes." That was her theory and she was sticking to it.
Listening to Janelle, Cassie gave snaps. Such thought out answers it was just ah-mazing. "Very good thoughts, when it's sunny we tend to cover our eyes so why not cats too? Though you'll find out soon that it's not quite about sunny with either cat."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy-boo
Cats slept in different positions based on the weather?? Well dear Merlin it was all making sense now. Margo thought cats were just cats, but there was a kind of magic behind them and the way they slept!! Margo have Hera a cut pat on the head. She loved her little kitten even more!

Margo thought she'd give the answer a while. Raising her hand, "I think the first is lazy bones because it's raining, and the second one is covering it's eyes because the sun is in them!" Margo said....but how could both be happening at once??? Yeah ok, maybe it didn't make sense.
Another with the sun, she had to beam at the logic behind it. Yes one would think that to be true now wouldn't they. "Very good thought process, but this actually has nothing to do with the sun, but very good try." She beamed and gave more snaps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera
Uhhh huh. At least he'd gotten it right! Though, all things considered it was kinda obvious, even to him.

Nevertheless, Zeke continued to listen, between staring at cats, and when the next question was direct to two cats, he was again thinking the obvious. "I think cats aren't much different to people, Professor, like with the curled up one... I would curl up if it was like a wintery night or something and it's cool and rainy, so if a cat does it, I'm sure it would be sensing that weather too. Or like with the other one, it kinda looks like it would be sun baking, only it won't be so hot that it needs to spread out to give it room to air out, so a slightly warm day with some sun..." was he making sense? he wasn't sure... but Zeke continued anyway, his thoughts flowing freely. "But the way we interpret cats is based on how we feel about stuff and what we do when the weather is at certain temperatures, so is it really the cat predicting the weather, or is it us just making it up as we go because of what we do?" And THIS is where Divination got confusing. What was that word he was thinking of??... Perspectives? Yeah, something like that.
Turning her green eyes on Zeke she beamed, "Very good logic Zeke. We as humans tend to curl up in blankets when it's cold and more stretched out when it's warm, so why wouldn't cats or any animal's do the same." He was certainly getting snaps for his answer. "Though I'm afraid our friend with his paw over his head has nothing to do with being stretched out or hiding his eyes." They would all see in a moment. As she turned to go to the next she heard another question. "But we don't interpret them based on our own feelings, there are plenty of rescourses on exactly what each movement means, so the readings are a little more specific then how one person feels to the next." They would be opening their books soon and then maybe it would be clearer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearlessleader19
What, what, WHAT?

His answer was actually right? Adi had TOTALLY guessed that. Anyway, he was pleased to see that even his guesses made sense... sometimes. He made some notes once again as Professor Morgan continued onto his classmates, a small smile playing on his face. He was getting better at this subject.

Turning his attention to the cats, Adi studied them then raised his hand. "They both are curled up so I'm going to say it's going to be cold... they curled up for warmth'' Made sense, right?
Giving Adi some snaps as well, "You would think that was what it meant, but it's a little more tricky then that. Though your thought process is very good." She fully understood why they would think that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWolfe Malfoy
There was the snaps again. It seemed everyone was getting snaps today. Which was a good thing really as it kept the mood happy. Happy moods meant no loss in points right? Hady sure hoped so.

As Professor Morgan continued with the lesson the twelve year old listened silently her attention slipping to her cat that was curled up on her lap. Hagan had one paw over his face like he was hiding! Just like the cat in the second photo! Still petting her cats head she raised her free hand in the air. "The first cat looks cold or maybe he's just lonely or maybe he doesn't feel well, when I get sick I want to curl up and be left alone. The other one looks like he's hiding his face so maybe he doesn't want to be seen or something like a bright light is bothering him?"
Looking to Hadleigh, Cassie smiled and gave her encouraging snaps, "Wonderful observation, but sometimes looks can be deceving." She looked towards the cats again. The one seemed to be waking, no not yet. She moved away a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expecto-Penguin
Hmm now onto the cats and the professor wondered what each sleep position means? He looked at the cats closely and wondered what he thought. He looked at the first one with the orange cat and raised his hand, "Professor I think the orange cat, he looks protective. He looks like he is just in his protective state which most animals are when they are sleeping. I think it means he is just cautious." he shrugged giving his best shot at the first cat.

Now onto the second cat. He seemed a bit cuter and he laughed at the smile. "He seems pretty happy to me Professor. I think he is just content with his sleeping position." It seemed pretty self explanatory to him. Why bother droning on with the details.
"Very good observation Kace, but remember we are predicting our futures from the cats not what they are feeling." She gave him snaps for his guess though, very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra
Cilla raised her hand.

"I think the second position indicates that stormy weather is approaching. I am not sure of the first cat's position."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sararara
Norah grinned at Professor Cassie's response before bending down to write the new information down in her notes. She underlined 'ANIMAGI' three times in sparkly ink before sitting back up, pleased with her handiwork. There. She wouldn't forget that word anymore.

Her eyebrows furrowed together at the next question. Um. What did the positions mean? Besides the fact that they were just being cute, she had no idea. Figuring she might as well take a guess, she raised a hand in the air and chanced a guess. "The orange one looks pretty peaceful so maybe that means it'll be good weather?" Whoooo knew. They were just cute.
She smiled at Norah and her observation giving her snaps, "They both seem pretty content in their sleep don't they?" She smiled at both cats glad to see moving away helped keep the one asleep. "You would think the second one would mean more peaceful then the first, but that is actually the opposite." Grinning she turned to the next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezerz
Calculating multi-colored eyes studied the cats Professor Morgan pointed out. They both looked comfortable. So comfortable it was tempting Beverly to go and nap with them. She let out a sigh and tucked hair behind her ear. No time for naps. Not with the hooligans in her house.

Tilting her head this way and that, Beverly raised her hand. "They both appear comfortable. I would say the one that's curled up might represent snow while the orange one would predict rain." It was a guess. They were both in cozy positions and who didn't get cozy when non-sunny weather came their way? Maybe it was just different type of cold weathers they represented?
"They both look comfortable don't they." She grinned towards the two of them. "Your guess isn't too far off very good." She got snaps for wonderful answers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom
Professor Quigley kept creeping into places as a cat and it was a bit...unsettling to Caleb. He wasn't sure he liked that whole animagus thing...simply because cats were shifty to begin with, and if the professor could watch them from the safety of being a cat...ugh. Nope. Caleb would NOT let his mind go there...

He raised his hand. "Well that orange one, I think it means that it'll snow or rain or something because it's kind of curled up close to itself. The other one though, that one probably means sun or good weather, because cats only lay in positions like that when they're comfortable and don't feel threatened," he explained. THAT much about cats he knew.
She beamed at another answer looking to their positions and gave Caleb snaps, "Very good thoughts Caleb. Sun is actually not represented in either cats today unfortunately." Too bad she liked sunny days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samia
OOOH. He got it.

This Hogwarts year was going to be about Cats.

Noel just knew it. Because when he realized that the cat on her desk was actually the Charms professor, Noel nearly kicked a cat that was rubbing up against him.

Looking at the cats the professor was pointing at, Noel raised his hand: "that one is pretty content and napping, but the second one means business - she is not letting anyone get in the way of her sleep. Yeah" It was a she right? But yes, the way they slept. It said it all.

Regardless what did sleeping positions of a cat had to do with divination was beyond him.
Another fabtastic answer, "Nice thoughts Noah, though business isn't a part of this reading since we are talking about weather, but I like the way you think and I could see this cat being defensive of her sleep." She was a bit of a fiester one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy
Right, back to the lesson. Everything that Professor Cassie said made sense since humans wouldn't have the same processes as a cat and cats were said to be more attuned to certain things. For instance, she had heard that they could sense the presence of ghosts when humans couldn't see them.

Turning her attention to the two cats Professor Cassie was indicating, she raised her hand to offer a guess. "I think the orange one is curling up because they are cold. Like when I'm cold in bed I bundle up in blankets and curl up in my bed. And I think the other cat is sunbathing because my Arya does that too and she looks just like that." Nod "So I think the first one is related to snow, and the second to sunny weather," .
She smiled at Lux making a connection between the cats and her own. "Good observation and we do tend to bendle up when it's colder." She got snaps as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack
"I-uh..." Oh. Well THAT was AWKWARD. Of course the Gryffindor knew she had cats, but were they really calico like his Aunt's? Oops. Ha ha ha... Just gonna... You know... Uh. "Nevermind," Dying cats may not have been the right answer to the last question. But there was gonna be a dying Zander at some point. Because HAAAA SO AWKWARD. And red. Very red in the face. Whoops. Merlin, these classes just kept getting better and better.
She couldn't help but chuckle at Zander's reaction. "Don't worry too much about it Zander. My two that are ususally in my office are actually simese, I was just kidding with you." He had been in her office once or twice so she figured he realized they were not Calico. "But just because a cat looks grumpy doesn't mean it is." That would be like saying Pitbull couldn't be around children just because of their breed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
Dylan looked thoughtfully at the little kitties sleeping on the desk, craning his neck from his spot in the back as he studied their positions. He tried to think of how those positions could connect with weather and finally, he raised his hand. "The orange one looks pretty chill so perhaps that means the weather is nice and comfy for it, and the tabby one is pretty curled up there, maybe it's cold?" He didn't really know. It was a guess...but they were in fact totally adorable and he REALLY wanted to pet all the adorable cats in the room.
Nodding towards Dylan she gave him snaps, "Very good observation and thoughts on what it means. " Not all correct, but close and that's what mattered to Cassie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana
"I have a question, Professor," Kate said, still looking at the two cats. "If these cats are supposed to be predicting the weather, which one do we believe?" Because the cats were in the same place, so the weather wouldn't be doing two different things at the exact same time, would it? "The first one looks like a peaceful rain is setting in, but the second one looks like he's telling us a tornado is on the way."
"That is a very good question and the answer is both. They are both doing something different that is saying something different, but a few of their patterns are the same and that's what we look at."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziella
"Maybe looking at the orange cat, we can predict that it is going to be cold out, seeing how it covers it's face. But with the tabby, we see that it's face isn't hidden...so its going to be warm?" Bleu really hoped she was right but predicting things from cat behavior was very difficult indeed. Especially when she just wanted to pet and cuddle them all the time. Especially that ginger cat. So cute!
She gave Willow happy snaps, "Good observation and predictions based on those observation. It's just a little off, but I like your thought process very good."
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2111jen
for professor
Domino looked at the cats the professor was talking about. The orange one was in a sort of comfortabel position. As the other one was in a kind of akward position.
"Maybe seeing as the orange cat is in a fairly comfortable placement and the other cat is kind of awkward, maybe it is because of the calm" domino said and pointed to the orange cat. "Beforr the storm?" She said as she pointed to the other one. She was glad that Divination was a fairly easy subject. As long as you try.
This one.. THIS ONE was on it!! She snapped a little extra excited, "Very good Domino. Those observations are spot on."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir
The Hufflepuff raised his hand before speaking, and then pointed to one cat as he give his interpretation, "'I'm warm and comfy and sleeping and snoozing and it's cloudy with a chance of rain,'" and then at the other, "'It is bright in here friend and I am sleepy but it's okay because my paws can protect me from the light or maybe I'm hinting that it'll be sunny. Who knows?'"

He was super good at this.

Instead of stopping there, Toby raised his hand again out of habit. "Cats curl up real small in a circle to conserve body heat. I dunno if that's important, 'cause I think they'd do it whatever the weather, and also that would more likely tell you what the weather is like right NOW, y'know?"
She listened to Tobias talk about the cats and talked in first person made her chuckle and snap more. "Very good thought process Tobias. Just a little off on the one, but very good thinking." As she turned she heard him continue and focused back on him, "They do curl up at times to conserve body heat, though as you find it can be an instinct as well. House cats for example have nice even temperature houses most of the time, so their curling up is more of a way to sleep them to keep heat from the cold." Though in their instinctive senses could be only preparing for the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir
How was she supposed to know what the sleeping positions of the cats meant about the weather. Wasn't that what they were here to learn? So why had they been asked before they were taught how to understand it. Were they just supposed to take a wild guess? She could say something completely ridiculous and she'd have just as much of a shot at being right as anyone else. Hayden shrugged and raised her hand. "That gray one has a sort of chaotic sleeping position. So I'm going to say that means an earthquake is coming." Hopefully not but moving on. "The other one looks peaceful so I think that means it's just going to be a normal, sunny day." Yeah, she was so good at this, huh?
She listened to Hayden's explenation and nodded a few times before giving snaps, "I like your thought process and how you really went out on what goes on in the weather. A little off, but great observation."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline
I think the first cat...the orange one...is simply sleeping normally. Like nothing is up," he answered, lowering his hand. Cats did tend to just sleep alot....right. "And the other seems more out cold...or chilly cause its cold or will be so he or she's trying to snuggle to compensate." Hopefully that at least made some sense to the professor and his classmates cause that's what came to mind when he looked between the two felines.
Another very interesting answer, she nodded and snapped, "Good observations Benjamin and it is partly correct. " Everyone was doing such a great job!

Moving to the front of the room she flicked her wand for writing to appear on the wall. "Now all of you have had great answers. Your observation skills will come in very handy when we move on to the activity for today." Picking up Aries, who had just hissed at the leaving professor she gave him one last smile before turning back to the class. "Now our orange friend here is sleeping all curled up like many of you have mentioned, but maybe not for the reason you have thought." Her green eyes moved to the board where it stated the cats behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Board
Curled in a ball If a cat is curled in a ball everything is still and calm for the moment, but one should keep alert for something coming in the future.

Laying with forehead against the floor If a cat is sleeping with it's forehead to the floor it means stormy weather will be coming.
"As you can see being curled in a ball doesn't really mean that it's cold, you have to remember that these predictions are not about the cat and how the cat is feeling, but what is to come. We have to look at the big picture. It is sleeping curled up but no forehead to the floor, it's tail isn't towards any fires, and it looks very peaceful, so with all of those combined you could predict that it's clam at the moment, but something could be coming since the cat isn't just stretched out." She knew she didn't have anything about the tail yet, but it would come.

"Now our friend that has it's paws over her face was actually warning about a storm that is coming." Looking back to the board so that students could take down the notes if needed, "Whether they are curled in a ball or stretched out like she is, if the forehead is on the floor it is a warning of a storm." So not fully sunny like many had said. "When looking at cats you have to look at the big picture more then just their ways. So just saying this one is curled up compared to stretched out is not fully reading correctly."

Setting down Aries she moved to another cat bathing itself. "Now this cat is grooming and so is that one over there, but in two different ways. Can anyone guess as to what their reading would be?" She smiled encouragingly to the class. They were doing such a good job so far.

Last edited by Bazinga; 01-18-2015 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Ali forgot links, go ahead and edit if you need to!