View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 01:32 AM   #19 (permalink)
lazykitty

DMLE & DMAC
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kalie Carter-Hope Gellar
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Alfred Ludovic Devereaux
Accidents & Catastrophes
x7 x4
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Expecto PAWtronum 🐈 | U-NA-GI

Text Cut: Hadley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
Hadley listened to what this woman was saying, but for a second it didn't make sense. Publishing? Propaganda? HUUHH!? But then it clicked. Hadley blinked once, realised her question had been misinterpreted, then started again. "Yes, I understand all that. I'm not looking at being published BY the ministry, it was more a question of uh… research. My ultimate goal of my book is to help people in understanding the creatures I work with, but I was more asking about the ministry supporting workers who wanted to do an independent research project." You know, the book would be her finishing goal, but she couldn't support her research 100% by herself. Field trips, bringing in spirits to speak with, researching in and out of work… that sort of thing.

"Well, I'm sorry for misunderstanding you then, Ms. Willowgrass," Roxanne started with a kind smile. "If elected, then I would not object to opening up all needed and available resources to you or any employee that wished to take on such a project. I believe that research such as yours is a very important part of advancing our society as a whole." And it was, she dared anyone to disagree with her.

Text Cut: Jorge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Oh had he hit a button already? See now this was more like his style of work. Getting to the point and showing the truth, which seeing her rub the bridge of her nose was showing she couldn't handle leadership. Turning his focus on the man that had been speaking he nodded, the man was taking a more vague stance, but a stance that wasn't so one sided. "And how would you go about finding and putting all that into place Mr. Kingsley?" He'd like to hear more about that.

Ms. Carter was now putting her foot in her mouth again and all he could do was grin. Still as calm and cool as ever he moved a bit closer to the candidates. "That she is, but I am also the Ministry Liaison for the Daily Prophet, so I get my information not just from my wife and unfortunately I think your memory has failed you on a few things. It's okay though, because mine hasn't. I'm sure you will remember soon that you were mistaken at the last event and my wife had told you and my colleague had placed in her article about the event, that the Quidditch event, that you keep pushing to speak about was not funded by the ministry really at all. It was done by donations and sponsors. The event was held at one of the teams stadiums and the players were not paid extra to be there. So when you keep trying to throw that event as your big reason, you need to get some facts straight." If she was going to blow steam she needed to make sure to do her homework first. "Also, you keep saying it's the teams business to do this type of stuff, yet the department is the teams. They organize them, document and run the matches, form the tryouts, file the regulations, work with the world cup, and this is all under the ministry. So professional quidditch is in all actuality the ministry. Without the department doing all of this including holding events for the pubic, there wouldn't really be a department, which would be a loss of jobs and I'm sure that isn't what you are trying for now is it Ms. Carter or is there something else you have against Quidditch itself that makes you keep bringing up the event as such a bad thing for the ministry?" He so enjoyed pushing the buttons and seeing how a person would react.

"Now you have brought up a very good point about the specialty department, but from my understanding in my meetings I've had with the ministry the department itself hasn't been closed. There are still a full staff in that department. What changed was their department head had resigned and the position was just not filled. One position not an entire department. The department is just under different department heads." So not really accurate saying an entire department was closed because no money, when that department was still very much there.

"All we keep hearing is what you will cut, but what else will you do to help with the budget? What if you get in there and find out that many of the departments aren't using a lot of the funds and are going with other ways to afford these events, will you still try to make them stop doing them, then what would you do to help the budget?"

Then there was another person there asking about books and research and he just smiled and laughed inwardly as she again made herself out to not be very employee friendly. He'd comment on that, but the lady had spoke up again, so he didn't need to.

Yeah, Roxanne wasn't even listening to him anymore now. Okay, maybe she was, but he was just digging himself a hole. "No, it is you that keeps bringing the conversion back around to your wife's department's event. I also mentioned both the orientation party that the Ministry throws every year, which since you know everything, you know is thrown by the Minister's Office and the magic carpet symposium, which was thrown by the Transportation Department. I appreciate that you are trying to support your wife, but maybe you shouldn't do it at the expense of your journalistic integrity." And that was all she was going to say on the topic. If he wanted to continue to attack her, he would get his questions ignored.

Finally, he was moving on. To another topic that was a thorn in her side with this Ministry. "I appreciate you correcting my misinformation on this topic. Perhaps the Minister should be more upfront about this type of thing in the future, no?" Or maybe the Ministry Liaison should actually be doing his job instead thinking of ways to 'get' her. "But surely the fact that a department has to be split up between other departments is still a cause for concern?" In her eyes, it was most definitely.

"If that is, in fact, the case," which she highly doubted, but okay, "then I will ask them to relinquish those extra funds in order to help another department that is in desperate need of the money.

Another thing that I believe would help is if more people started eating in the Ministry's Food Court, something that I welcome employees to come forward about if they have something they wish to see there. Also, supporting research such as Ms. Willowgrass'."

[SIZE=1][B]OOC: Seriously, please cut it out, it's getting ridiculous.
[/FONT]

Text Cut: Mr. Toth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
SPOILER!!: Carter and De La Garza

Having written some for the Prophet, as well as spent some time in Basil's office, he was familiar enough with De La Garza and his approach to journalism. It wasn't particularly to his taste, but he could appreciate the man's provocative style even if it was very different to his own. Nevertheless, he nodded a greeting at the reporter.

Attention on Ms. Carter, Tibor toon steady notes on his pad, his eyes never leaving the subject. It was an interesting view she had to share at the least, "And where would you direct the Ministries funds, Ms. Carter?" he asked, though he had barely gotten the words out before De La Garza indeed stepped in to dissect the woman's statement.

He was perfectly at his leisure just listening in to their banter - De La Garza making a number of valid points that Carter didn't seem to navigate very well. Was the pressure getting to her? Perhaps.

No, the pressure was in fact not getting to her, it was how much that De La Garza sucked as a journalist and a human being. But if that's what people wanted to believe.... "A another good question. I would direct the Ministry's funds towards more worthwhile projects, such as projects like Ms. Willowgrass', as well as better training for all departments and their employees in things such as self-defense." Because government officials really needed to be able to defend themselves.

You are Salt!