View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 05:15 AM   #386 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
"If you cast the spell on things that are already really small, will they just get smaller? Exactly how small does the spell make something? Can you cast the spell multiple times on the same thing to make it really small?"

Wow she was annoying. Hayden hoped her questions wouldn't be a problem. And she still had to actually practice the spell, but she wanted an answer first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post

"Can you shrink something just a little bit? Or is it an all or nothing kind of thing?"

With the Gryffindor seemingly in check, Maddox allowed his attention to be occupied by what might have been the most curious Hufflepuff he'd ever met.

That....was a lot of questions. Admittedly he had to run through them again in his mind before they made sense and he could make an attempt--no doubt thanks to the Gryffindor and the conflict he was now trying to forget. "Yes, they will get smaller." To begin the answer. "And how small they get is dependent on the intent when casting. You could do multiple casts to see the size that suits you in the event you aren't sure how small you'd like it on first casting."

For a moment he thought that had been all but it seemed there was another question. Not surprising he supposed. "Casting to make something only a little smaller goes back to the intent as well. You will need to focus on how small you want the item before casting if you don't want it completely shrinking." Hopefully that answered her questions because a glance at the clock told him they had to be moving on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgisselx3 View Post

Giving in, after a minute or two of trying to remember what his question was, he rose his hand once more, and asked, "Professor, are we going to learn how to undo the charm? Or is that not part of this class?" And if it was part of today's class, he hoped the professor didn't think he was rushing him because he totally wasn't.
...Did he have a question or not?

Maddox watched the boy's hand. Up, then down...back up...perhaps this one was a little confused. There were supposedly potions for that, but he wouldn't know so he'd just...stand here staring until something happened--but not for long because they would be moving on now.

Op! But a question was asked and so began the struggle to keep his face from falling back into a scowl. Right. There were first years that didn't know how to end an incantation. "I'll be addressing that in a moment, Mister Kyle." Maddox replied, with a solemn nod. It wasn't a part of the class but he wouldn't give them further reason to frustrate him.

Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2111jen View Post
"Diminuendo!" She shouted as she pointed her wand at it.
She smiled as the jar got smaller. She caught it when it tried to fall though. She put it back on the desk. "Stay," She said to the jar accidentally pointing her wand at the jar. Ironically, it made a big block of ice around the jar. Domino sighed. The professor was already frustrated and here Domino was being careless.
But then....and it just....so you see...and really he was....but it wasn't.

SIGH.

Let's all forget the fact the girl had been shouting despite that being the first rule and the reaction of, "3 points from Slytherin, no shouting." No, the Professor was more fixated on the fact this one had somehow managed to use a shrinking charm to freeze a jar. HOW even and WHY??? Maddox stared long and hard at the Sixth Year trying to keep it in but Merlin these students. "Now then, Miss Emery....how did you manage to freeze the jar?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post

But really she didn’t want to go and get help from Healer crankypants or anyone really. "Excuse me Professor madman Quigley, but what right do you have to knock Mr. Hirase unconscious, bind him, silence him, and lock him in a closet?" She asked as sternly as possible.

This Professor was even more mad than Hooksteed had been…didn’t anyone see that? He looked as grumpy as the one and only Grumpy Cat…heck, that was what she was going to call him from now on. Professor Grumpy Cat.

“No one should be threatened with being locked in a closet” she snapped angrily. Yes, she was mad, heck she was seething.
Before he could receive an answer, he found himself being yelled at? Really? Seriously? Was this something that everyone was into. Yell at the Professor Day? See who could lose the most points hour?

To make it worse, it was a Prefect. This day just kept getting better didn't it? The Professor rubbed his hand over his face in a tired gesture before sighing in exasperation. Had he not just told himself he'd had enough from the last Gryffindor? What was this day? Once his hand was lowered he scowled at the LOUD girl who probably hadn't read the rules either.

Was this what student leaders were expected to do these days? Rather than help stem the chaos, this one insisted on making it worse and it only strengthened his resolve to keep his wand on the desk and out of his grasp. "That will be another 10 from Gryffindor and you've also earned yourself a detention Miss Greyvson. I'll be speaking to your Head of House about this matter later. I'm sure he'd like to know how his student leaders behave during lessons. You call that leadership?" The chill in his tone had sent in by now. "I am appalled by your behaviour and will not allow you NOR anyone else to delay my lesson any further."

He turned to face the classroom once more. "I have just about had it." He informed them. Taking a moment to stare them each in the eye. The good. The bad. The indifferent. "I am the Professor, something some of you seem keen to forget." Another glance at those who'd lost points or been given detention. "Some of you think this behaviour is acceptable and I don't know how the other Professors do their classes but let me make it clear that I do not tolerate noise, I do not tolerate disrespect, I do not tolerate being challenged in my own classroom. This is not how students are expected to behave."

There was a long pause, where all he seemed to do was more staring and some controlled breathing.

Once he was calm enough, Maddox took his wand into his hand. There was a lesson to be taught. "You will not have to suffer my presence much longer, so I ask that you cooperate so we can get through this." Then he could dismiss them and be done with it. Ugh. It wasn't meant to end this way. One disaster after another and his mood was crushed. Seriously harshed vibe and he just wanted to walk out but he had another half an hour or so and the class needed to go one.

"It might not mean much, but I'm sorely disappointed." And there it was. "Now if you're all ready to behave like civilized human beings. Please unshrink your jars. For those that do not know how," He wasn't even going to give them the chance to ask for help and botch that up. "Simply cast 'Finite'. It's a point." Something they all seemed bloody good at.

Maddox gave them all a moment to do so before banishing the chairs and desks then pointing his wand to the ceiling, removing the illusion placed over it thus revealing an even higher ceiling and a couple dozen gigantic spiders. The moment the charm was removed the spiders began making their way down to the classroom.

"It would seem there's been some infestation problem at Hogwarts. You lot, will have to shrink these." He said, gesturing to the descending arachnids. "And put them in the jar you've been practising on. Two to three should suffice." In another life with a well behaved class he may have joked about the spiders being charmed to attack but this was no longer the case and he didn't want them annoying him further so he'd offer the reassurance. "They will not hurt you; quite friendly bunch actually. All you have to do is cast the charm then get them into the jar. Feel free to work in pairs or alone, I really don't care anymore." So simple not even THEY could mess it up.

"Begin."

This is the final activity everyone and you'll need a minimum of 5 posts in order to receive full credit for this portion. Like the Professor said, the spiders are NOT harmful so there should be no injuries--none from the spiders thanks. Like always if you need help just title the post. I'll be closing ending this lesson at dismissing the class On Monday around 11 pm GMT -5 ^^

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Last edited by DaniDiNardo; 01-11-2015 at 05:38 AM.