View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 04:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
AmbiguouslyMe

SA & DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hazel Martin-Pryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Denny De Palma

Ministry RPG Name:
Nicky Iver

Diagon Alley Employee:
Scout MacIntyre
Daily Prophet Reporter
x4
Granddaddy Ravenclaw | | Jermione Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizasaurus View Post
"Mr. Kingsley, I ask you the same. You say 'Any visibility concerns posed by carpets could easily be said to apply to brooms.' Does that mean you are for the possibility of having a lift on the ban for flying carpets?"
Preston nodded. "I am, given careful and thorough consideration." He gestured to Victoria Culloden. "I share Mrs. Culloden's opinion on the careful regulation and monitoring of carpets, should the ban be phased out. Flying a carpet is a privilege, not a given, and ensuring safety standards and regulations for use is a chief task of the Ministry."

Speaking directly to Mr. Yenorin, but also casting glances at others in the area, he continued. "I know that some are concerned that charming carpets to fly appropriates a muggle item in a problematic way. For this reason, I would propose a regulation that only carpets manufactured specifically for flying purposes could be registered. Charming existing muggle rugs would not be permitted."

"Additionally, as I mentioned over in the budget area, the Ministry needs to investigate new funding streams. Fees associated with the registration and licensing of personal carpets, carpet manufacturing, and other related endeavors could provide a new revenue source to devote to a number of transportation related expenses."

Has anyone ever sung you a lullaby?
You can fly above the rain clouds
Close your eyes
Let the melody carry you
Leave all your fears behind

You can float across a rainbow sky
to once upon a time