View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 05:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
lazykitty

DMLE & DMAC
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kalie Carter-Hope Gellar
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Alfred Ludovic Devereaux
Accidents & Catastrophes
x7 x4
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Expecto PAWtronum 🐈 | U-NA-GI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
If there was ever anything to pique his interest, it was politics... so it was a good thing he wrote about it for a living. The freelance reporter, notepad and biro in hand, found the station which interested him most for his article piece and greeted the candidates stationed there. "Good day, ladies, gentleman," he nodded. The Hungarian was pondering whom to start with first, of course, it would simply be more fun to open the floodgates. "My name's Tibor Toth and I'm a Hungarian news correspondent, I would love to ask about your vision for the future Ministry of Magic, how do you intend on remedying the Ministries current budget issues? Where do you envisage the income coming from?"

Anyone who was willing to answer was welcome to just go for it, he was ready, always ready. He quickly noted at the top of the page those who were present - Tanner, Kingsley, Carter and Yenorin.
Okay, there were more people now, though still not quite the turnout she'd expected. Really, disappointed in the Brits these days. Back in the day, this place would have been packed!

Though, there was finally someone asking questions. A Hungarian newspaper correspondent. What interest could they have in the British Ministry elections? America was the world's powerhouse, Britain just kept to themselves and only butted in when needed. But it was a question and a good one at that. "Good question, Mr. Toth," she began. "See, I don't think the problem is lack of funds, necessarily. I think it's more in the way those funds are used. For one thing, why does the Ministry need to rent out a whole 'nother venue for orientation when we have a Atrium that can fit the whole staff plus some? And why is the Ministry throwing autograph parties for Quidditch teams, when that can be done by the teams themselves? I believe that if we cut those type of behaviors, we would have enough money in the budget for things like wages and improving security." It might be a hard pill to swallow for some De La Garza, but it was a sage and sound idea for the economy. One that had worked for many a government (both Muggle and Magical) and regular households alike. "Cut out wasteful spending, that's my plan for righting the budget."

You are Salt!