View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 12:13 AM   #217 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonea View Post
Pointing her wand at the jar she did what the other girl had explained to her and she spoke the spell, "Scourgify!" And... It worked! Ha! She was good at this, she KNEW it! Grinning widely because she had used her first spell EVER she looked at the girl. "Thanks for the help! I'm Cahira Jones and... I appreciate it that you have helped me!" After she had spoke she nodded to the girl and quickly walked back to her own seat because she didn't wanted to stay standing in the classroom, not knowing when the lesson would start again.
Maddox took a deep breath, a REALLY deep breath after seeing the First Year pointing at the jar to cast after she'd just corrected her and demonstrated the correct wand movement. This was going to be a LONG lesson. Ugh. Thankfully it seemed Miss Burton was correcting her earlier mistake so he wouldn't have to correct a second time and take points for his trouble.

Count yourself lucky Miss Jones. The man did not like expending unnecessary energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
"Why would i bother WALKING to get that stupid jar when we're in a MAGICAL school where we have to learn MAGIC?" Think about that good Sir. "Especially in a Charms class, i just performed a magnificent Summoning Charm example!"

Getting up from his seat in a flash making the chair behind him fall over, Kevin marched up to the front of the classroom until he stood near the Professor's desk and glared at him. Don't take it too personally Professor. Kevin just needed someone else to annoy and irritate now that he was on pretty good terms with Culloden . Yup. He then grabbed the jar and marched back, picking up his chair and sat back down, scourgifying it yet again to make sure.
Maddox watched the boy's display with avid disinterest. The fact he'd dropped the chair--loud noise--hurt his ears--against the rules, "2 points from Gryffindor." but outside of that? The kid could do what he wanted. Stomp to his desk. Sure. Ask ridiculous questions and defend his actions? Why not. All you kid. Whatever makes you learn.

He would answer the 'why' though. "It's simple. Because I said so." Following instructions was a part of going to school? How had the kid not gotten that?

SPOILER!!: Aegis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ExpelliarMOOSE View Post
Aegis listened intently as Professor Quigley answered his 'Hypothetical' Question. This seemed like the best point to begin taking notes, so he grabbed a parchment from his nap-sack and set it down on his Desk. "Wouldn't the Duplicate also vanish after some time at the Pawn Shop...you know the whole visa versa thing?" Aegis motioned his hands criss-crossing each other to represent what he was speaking about. "I'd rather my GeeGee lose her Marbles on me, then get sent to Jail for Conning a Pawn Shop." Aegis understood what the Professor was saying of course. Which was great that he figured Aegis would need to duplicate the Clock. "So I would need to Duplicate the Clock as well before Shrinking it either way. Hypothetically" Aegis began to scribble down notes on his Parchment. The Spell, it's pronouncement, and of course taking note to look up the Duplication Spell later as he was sure the Professor wanted him to focus more closely on the the Shrinking Spell today.

After jotting down his notes. The Tall Blonde Gryffindor stood up from his seat and gathered himself up one Jar. Settting it down on the Desk he sat back down and Held the Jar towards him and pointed his wand at it. "Scourgify." He spoke and cleaned his Jar up all nice and well.

Maddox was pleased he was keeping up with the hypothetical situation...seriously hoping for the kid's sake it was all made up. "It would still disappear yes, but surely you wouldn't be naive enough to trade under your own name? A good Merchant knows how to disappear after a sale. Keep duplicating the original and you can always sell it over and over to different shops." He said with a casual shrug and a munch of his apple. NOT that he was condoning this, Merlin no, that probably wasn't allowed.

"And the wand movement is an 'S' shape Mister Dane." Not a point. The man was beginning to feel like a scratched record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy-Boo View Post
Okay, no more stalling she could do this! Margo looked at her jar and was focusing with all her might. She raised her wants and said "Diminuendo" jabbing at the jar......and all that she managed to do was tap the jar a little to hard and it tipped over ...with a small 'clink' onto her desk.

"Please don't let it be broken!" Margo begged finally peeking her eyes open, whew!!! It wasn't broken!!! Thank goodness, hopefully no one noticed the noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
SPOILER!!: Margo

Adi was pleased with Margo's first attempt. Look at her doing the wand movement right and stuff. She was going to be an excellent witch as she got older. "Keep trying,'' he encouraged when the attempt seemed to have failed.

But the second try was even better. "Way to go! Knew you could do it.'' Indeed he did know. "Remember, concentrating is just as important as the incantation and the wand movement.'' Adi would never forget Tessa telling him that back in his second year.

Back to his seat, patiently waiting for Professor Cat to continue. That's when he heard Margo's voice again... trying out the Shrinking Charm O_O "Pssst. Margo. I don't think Professor Maddox said we can try the Charm just yet.''
And then the Hufflepuff happened.

Maddox had to do another one of those deep breathes, having given the snake First Year a second chance, he couldn't very well go off on this one for beginning the spell practice before the go ahead. The man was content to chalk it down to eagerness on her part and after her Prefect stepped in to correct, he felt he no longer had to take points.

There, perfectly calm. Crisis averted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2111jen View Post
What? Was it not jar time yet? Then Domino realized what she had done.
"Oh, sorry professor. It was an accident, " Domino muttered her cheeks turning pink from embarrassment. "Just thinking outloud" she added.
The Professor nodded at her explanation. Content to accept it and move on. If there was no problem then he wouldn't need to get involved. There was a high note right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post

He took down some quick notes, just to be sure he had the full incantation and everything so he could study from it later, and waited for the professor to continue the lesson.
Blink.

Forgive him for expecting better from a Prefect, especially after he'd just corrected what might have been half the class on this simple mistake. Sigh. "It is not a point, Mister Newell, but an 'S' shaped wand movement as you cast." Probably should have added it to the board after the first couple made their mistake but he thought the others had been listening.

SPOILER!!: Lulz Eden
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
....oops. She looked at her glass--and then back up at Professor Quigley, and fluuuuuushed as red as the apple he was chomping on. Merlin's pants. "I--sorry, sir--I was juuuust a bit thirsty--" and she tentatively took a sip of water.

Ew. EW EW..

But she didn't want Professor Quigley to know how stupid she thought she was, so she thought this was a way better option than admitting her mistake. Or that she was paying more attention to his face than to anything else.

"It does look a bit cleaner though..." she said, on the bright side? Clearing her throat, she aimed her wand once more at the jar--"Scourgify-" and....yes. It was done.

She had properly cleaned her jar at last.

Her blue eyes found their way back to Professor Quigglebee. "Well I'm always hungry, sir--" she raised an eyebrow. "And you're eating apples which are life's GREAT FRUIT." Ahem. She looked very serious. And her name was Eden. She had a thing for apples.

So..............the kid just drank the dirty water. That just happened. Was this the part where he showed unconditional concern and inquired as to her well-being? Because honestly the man wasn't feeling it. Nah.

Kid was a fighter. It'd take more than dirty water to do her in he hoped. So he would overlook that and instead focus on her response. He didn't care that she was always hungry, no, that wasn't what got him, it was the 'Life's GREAT FRUIT' that had him smirking as he levitated an apple to her desk. "You've earned this, Miss McGee. Well stated." Apple appreciation was always to be rewarded, obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Eye Touz View Post

Yeah so onto jar selecting and cleaning. "For any of you babies that don't know how to clean your jar, just give it a solid spit shine. You'll be fine." AND Z-Dawg Von Farts Skittles demonstrated, giving her own selected jar a good spit shine.
..........................................Ew.

He'd just....move on with the lesson now....

"By now I'm assuming that you've all gotten your jars cleaned. If not, quickly get it done because we're moving on." This next part was especially important considering how many of them had a blatant disregard for wand movement. Internal sighing was happening. This time, however, after finishing an apple and vanishing the core, he didn't grab another. If he ate them all there would be none later.

Ahem, as he was saying. "Before I let you into the big leagues with this spell practice, I need to know that you have it down. More than down. So good that no matter what you won't suddenly forget it." Because.....yeah, that could prove REALLY disastrous if later when the activity started a kid's spell failed. Traumatized children were the last thing he wanted on his conscience. "I'll need each of you to practice the spell on the jars you've cleaned. Take some time to get the incantation flowing right if you must and do NOT break the jars." Yes he had more in the box but who said you could have another? Exactly. Those came at their own price.

"Get started on that and if you find yourself needing help, once again you need only ask. I'll also make myself available." In case they didn't think to ask each other this go, because he saw what happened last time he let them help each other.

He'd be watching.

This is the mini activity right before the big one guys and you'll need a minimum of 3 posts to be considered for full credit. If your charrie does want help they can ask their classmates or the Professor. If you ask the Professor please state as such in your post title and he'll be right with your charrie. I'll be continuing around 11 pm GMT -5, tomorrow so a little over 24 hours.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.