View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 07:01 AM   #23 (permalink)
lazykitty

DMLE & DMAC
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kalie Carter-Hope Gellar
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Alfred Ludovic Devereaux
Accidents & Catastrophes
x7 x4
cookie PODIUM POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course, anyone who may want her afterwards
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Expecto PAWtronum 🐈 | U-NA-GI

After excusing herself from the bar, mixology table, whatever they wanted to call it, Roxanne made her way around the room. Once she reached the buffet, the smells that reached her nose started to make her hungry. But she was determined not to eat until she'd made her speech. Didn't want to risk spilling and then having to go to the podium with a stain on her clothes. Talk about embarrassing! The food was hard to resist, though, and she looked around to see who else might be headed for the blasted speech stand. Seeing no one, she decided to go ahead get over with because food.

Stepping up to the podium, Roxanne tapped on it in that special way that causes that annoying screeching feedback sound. Heh. Playing it off as an accident, of course, she muttered oops with a slight laugh. "Now that I have your attention," she began with a smile and a hint of a laugh in her voice, "I would like to share with everyone a few of my plans for if I'm elected your next Minister for Magic."

"For starters, I very much agree that there needs to be a better relationship between the Ministry and Hogwarts. Not necessarily complete butting in, but a relationship where the leaders of Hogwarts trust the Ministry enough to come to us for help before things over there get completely out of hand.

Another thing I'd like to work on is Ministry spending. It is notorious for being out of control amongst the other countries. In fact, there's a joke about it in France, but I won't bore you with it here."
Not that they'd appreciate it anyway. "Britain can do better than having conventions for flying carpets that people here can't even use anyway, since they're banned. Or Meet-the-Quidditch-players that the league should really be hosting on their own. Under my plan, Department Heads would have to justify any spending verbally on the spot. If they can't, they don't get the money.

Also, I would like to work more on department unity, not just Ministry-wide but within individual departments as well. It is my experience that people who know and trust each other better work better together. To that end, each department would hold monthly training sessions in which they would stay together in a barracks, military style. A boot camp, if you will. Because, in my experience, the only group that's as close as a family is an army.

Thank you for listening and enjoy the rest of your night!

And with that, Roxanne stepped away from the podium and towards the FOOD!

You are Salt!