View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 01:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default a nod to Basil
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbiguouslyMe View Post
Preston thought to extend a hand to greet her, but saw that she was otherwise occupied. Ah. A reporter. "Kingsley. Preston Kingsley," he offered, completing her sentence. Offering her a smile, he immediately responded, casting only a quick glance at Sherman Clark to see if he'd be jumping in first.

"I think this gathering is a lovely opportunity for the candidates to be visible and available at the start of the campaign. Really get a chance to meet their constituents and hear from voters. My compliments to the planners."

He watched the reporter for a moment. "Will that meet your needs, Miss....?" he trailed off, wondering at her name.
"Miss Bunbury is my name," the redhead replied cheerfully, setting her quill onto her notepad and quickly working the spell to get it writing on its own. Once it was all set, she charmed the entire setup to float by her side (just like Basil was doing, AHA, great minds) so that she could talk to the candidates hands-free.

And now she was able to offer Mr. KINGSLEY a handshake in addition to her smile. "How do you do, Mr. Kingsley? You're the former professor, is that correct? What have you been up to since resigning --- or was it retiring? ---- from Hogwarts?"

In case he hadn't figured it out by now, that brief and BLAH quote would not do. Ahem.

Text Cut: Ali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
"Good Evening, My name is Victoria Culloden and I am one of your Minster Candidates. I've been with the ministry for six years now, I've been part of an amazing group and have been able to lead in many ways. I've seen the ministry go through many things in my time there and feel that Minster Kettleborn has done a great job and I thank him for his service. I do feel that going forward I would make a good minister. I have many ideas on ways to change things, such as bringing more ministry involvement to the community with things like community service days. I would like to see the Board of Governors, Headmistress, and ministry work closer together and bringing a work program for seventh years to get a feel and experience of what jobs in the ministry are really like. These are just a few of my ideas and I am excited to share more with you as the campaigning seasons goes on. I hope you have a wonderful time tonight and thank you."

Tori pivoted slightly as one of the other candidates got up the gumption to speak. Aha, that was a pleasant start... "No mud-flinging yet I see," she murmured with a small chuckle to the other two candidates nearby.

Hopefully Basil would go interview that woman with the ExCELLeNT first name. Tori was quite preoccupied over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Oh look…the daily prophet, she grinned at the Prophet reporter and made her way over toward the group. “Hello,” she grinned at her fellow candidates…wait, they were opponents right? Who cared she was just going to be her kind bubbly self to them. “Mr. Clark, it’s a pleasure to see you again? I believe the last time I saw you was ages ago though at Mr. and Mrs. Furguson’s wedding.” She smiled as that had been a while ago, it was before she had had her own kids...and she hadn't been married at the time either.
"Hello, Miss Tanner, you're a candidate as well?" the redhead jumped right to it with this one. She knew she was, why else would she be approaching her competition? "Victoria Bunbury, Daily Prophet Reporter," the redhead added with quite a direct handshake being aimed for the new woman's arm. "Tell me, what do you think of this cocktail hour set-up? Is it fair? Equitable to all candidates? Too close for comfort? Is the Ministry providing any campaign funds or managers for the candidates?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon View Post
"I agree with Mr. Kingsley wholeheartedly! I don't think the Minister's job should take off when he or she comes into office but at the beginning of the election process. It is my duty to make myself available to voters and hear out other candidates from now on, and that is what today is all about. A great start!"

Oh, and also, "My compliments to the planners as well. These*hors d'oeuvres look lovely. Soooo lovely.

Giving another toothy grin to the reporter lady, Sherman turned to the next person that appeared at his side. Hm... wait, he knew the face from the papers. Tanner? Something? "My, that was a while ago! You must have quite the memory to recall me from back then." .... who was she, though? Er....
Blah, that quote had BLAH written ALL OVER IT! Too nice, these candidates were all TOO NICE so far. Tori needed to shake things up a bit...

"Sooooooo, Mr. Clark," she interjected even as her quill made a slight scratching sound with all its writing, "are you saying that you already think of yourself as the Minister? Is this because you have been working for the Ministry longer than some candidates have been alive, and couldn't see anyone else doing the job? Do tell!"

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind

Last edited by BanaBatGirl; 11-13-2014 at 01:55 AM. Reason: semi-editing b/c Alicia introduced herself