View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 10:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbiguouslyMe View Post
Emmalee smiled, and visibly relaxed as she saw the table of flowers. It wasn't as if she was stressed before, but something about being able to work with plants, even if it was something as simple as arranging, removed even the littlest bit of tension.

"Are your children going to be of Hogwarts age soon," Emmalee inquired of Daphne. Resting her hands on the table, she no longer looked at the women she walked over with, instead focusing her gaze on the options before her.

Selecting a star-gazer lily, Emmalee turned it over in her hand, briefly considering whether it was a hybrid. Satisfied that it had not come from her greenhouse, she set about picking other blooms to accompany the vibrant pink.

"What do you think," she said, turning to the other women and holding up two options. "Daisies or clematis?" Ooo.. was that moly? Emmalee set down the two she was holding and reached for the distinct black stem and white flowers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Daphne sort of tuned out as her two companions discussed their plants. She enjoyed a plant here and there but only as a household decoration or gift from her husband. Things like that. She'd never spent her days combining the different types and experimenting with the results. "No plants for me, but I did help restrain a loose Swedish Short-Snout here recently," she chimed in. She was pretty proud of that one. It was also a good conversation starter.

She nodded as Alex answered her question about the Ministry always going all out for things like this. "...and we have one every year? An orientation like this?" she asked. Maybe it'd be a luau or something next time! This was yet another reason why this move back to Great Britain was proving to be an excellent decision. "I'm on level four. Just not with Environment. I'm the Senior Dragon Researcher in Creatures," she replied.

Soon the small talk was cut short as their walk to the flower arranging station was done. They were here, and surprisingly, it wasn't packed like she imagined it'd be. She sat down next to Emmalee and stared at the flowers before her. Suddenly, she felt very inadequate. She loved flowers, and her husband gave her bouquets of them all the time, sometimes not even just for special occasions. Making a bouquet of them herself, though? She looked at the choices Emmalee held out then finally pointed to the daisy. "I like that one," she said. Then, as an afterthought, she added, "Well, my oldest will be at Hogwarts next year, but my youngest is only a few weeks old." She'd had Ryland on December 10.
As Alex had made her way after the other two towards the flowering arranging area, she caught a glimpse of a girl wobbling in heels and was half tempted to go back and help her but then noticed her receiving help from someone else. Probably best to just let her stumble on her own; that's how one learned, yes?

So many flowers! It actually made Alex smile quite a bit being here and she was pretty sure that Emmalee felt the same; she nearly missed Daphne's responses about the Ministry and where she worked. "Ah, so we'll practically be neighbors! Creatures and Environment Departments work together quite a bit; we share a break room and conference room even, but of course we have our own specialized work areas. But yes, orientation every year for those new employees - a sort of fresh start to the new year." Alex nodded, picking through the flowers as she glanced over at Emmalee.

"Clematis. Definitely. Daisies are too common." Besides, that purple was super pretty. So Daphne was the mother of two - ten years apart? Which meant, she was probably around her age and that just made Alex slightly self-conscious, for about a minute. "Boys or girls?" she asked casually. "Do you have photos?" Mothers always carried photographs of their children, didn't they?

"I'm definitely going for some of these" Alex said aloud, as she selected a few of the golden pagodas

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake