Thread: Food Marquee
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 12:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default kind of general subtle waves to everyone in here *quotes a few specifically though*
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

SPOILER!!: "new" A&C lovelies!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Tucker was super excited to FINALLY be at his first Ministry event. Now things were REAL - he was finally going to be a Ministry employee! And he was only 19 - a whole three years YOUNGER than his mum had been before she got a job. Things were looking up for him!

Was he smiling like a loon? He felt like he couldn't stop smiling!

The first stop on today's Ministry adventure - FOOD. Now that Tucker lived in a flat on his own in London, he was trying super hard to eat healthy - but BURGERS. He hadn't had a burger since he was probably like...five years old. Gabi Schultz was real big on the whole healthy, organic food stuff. He just had to remind himself that just because he didn't live with his mum anymore, he didn't have to go crazy with the food and blow up like a balloon...

As he was loading his plate, he noticed the man next to him seemed...familiar. It took Tucker a moment, but then he recognized him as none other than Aron Ashburry-Hawthrone, his new department head! He was not going to admit it to him, but the eager new employee had TOTALLY done some research into the department and stumbled upon his name and picture in a few articles.

Taking a few deep breaths, Tucker put a smile on his face and approached the man. "Mr. Ashburry-Hawthrone?" he said, even though he knew who it was - wait, did he use both last names? Oh Merlin this was confusing! Don't get flustered Tucker, don't get flustered..."HI! I just wanted to introduce myself...I'm Tucker Schultz, I just got a job on your level in the Experimental Charms Committee," he explained with a smile. GRIN. Ok, ease up on the smiling, Schultz, don't want to freak him out or anything...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
SPOILER!!: Aron & Tucker

Where was the food?

Sophie quickly made her way from the entranceway that was quickly filling up with people to the food marquees hoping to find something to eat that would settle her nervous stomach. This was almost depending on how you saw it her first official day at the ministry. Nervously tugging a few brown strands of hair back behind her ears, she sincerely hoped for the 1000th time that day that she wouldn’t screw it up in some way.

Taking a deep breath, she made her way over on her new high heels that the shopkeeper had insisted was a must have along with her colourful red dress. It had been useless to point out numerous times that Sophie’s balance wasn't exactly perfect. Grabbing a tray Sophie neared an older man and a younger guy by the canapés. "Hello," she murmured flashing them both big warm smiles. "Are the skewers edible? Or should I go for the safer option of a soup?" Sophie figured that she could make some polite conversation with the men. It couldn't hurt. For all she knew they could be employees of the same department.

So much for that plan. He had been looking left when the young man had come from the right. He took another chomp out of his skewer, swallowed, and set the vacant thing on his plate before that too was set down on the table.

The name Schultz still left a bit of a bad aftertaste in his mouth, based primarily on the conversation he and the former Department Head had had in the Leaky. He could tell she had had ulterior motives to her words, and his suspicions had been completely correct...so now the giddy Schultz before him, well, red flags were a waving. But what real damage could a 19-year-old really do?

The answer was plenty, but oh well.

"Ah, nice to meet you properly in person, Tucker. Do you mind if I call you that?" he asked as he offered the boy his hand for a firm handshake. He preferred to be on a first name basis with those within his own department. Relaxed yet a bit more intimate. "I am well aware of your new job, considering that I was the one who gave it to you," he winked.

Cute. Eager. Just the kick in the pants that that division needed.

They were soon met by yet another one of the new hires for the department. Aron recognized her as well from her application and thankfully had heard a thing or two from Seren, who had taught the girl briefly. He looked at the food table briefly before speaking. "Well, I don't suppose that the wood they are made from it made from a poisonous variety of tree," he mused, taking her words literally with a sarcastic tone. "But I would still only recommend that you eat what is on the skewer. There are Healers about if you dare to be a bit adventurous."

And what a way to start off the new year at the Ministry. One of his own employees eating a skewer for the fun of it.

"Tucker, this is Sophie. Sophie, this is Tucker. Both of you will be new to the department this year." So play nice and don't be awkward mandrakes about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlytherinSistah View Post
Were those real bone china teacups? The Ministry was really going all out for these orientation events, weren't they? Was the Wizarding economy really doing as well as all that?

Mitterbill nervously detached himself from the wife-person and floated over to the food Marquee. Everything looked so indecent. Beautifully put together and terribly bad for you. Everything Jasper Mitterbill's soft spot for pleasures called him to respond to. The Balsamic Strawberry Bruschetta couldn't be too bad. This was the thought he'd used to reassure himself as he took hold of one of them and placed it onto his plate.

Again, with the shocking lack of seafood.
Aron looked away from his conversation with his two employees briefly to give Jasper a wave. Having briefly conversed in the past, Aron was relieved to know that one of the new Department Heads this year was a familiar face and not someone he needed to start at ground zero with. Social interactions and busy talk could be so exhausting and time consuming.

Others got small waves as they entered as well, but nothing more for the time being. Plenty of time to catch up with other employees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
Cassie strode into the Ministry welcome event, ready for action. She wasn't sure exactly what the purpose of this event was. Just for mingling with future coworkers? That sounded good to her. She did like meeting new people, and it would be good to get to know some of the people she would be working with before she actually started working with them. She was dressed in a beautiful new dress she'd found the other day, and a pair of tall black heels. They made her even taller than she had been before, and she liked it that way. In her opinion, it made her look more confident. Good. She also had a camera hanging around her neck. Just in case she needed it.

As soon as she got to the event, Cassie made right for the food. None of the rest of the stations looked all that appealing to her, at least not at the moment. Maybe she could play croquet later if she met somebody she'd want to play with. In the meantime, she surveyed the menu and considered what she might like.
Picking up one of the specialty drinks - not really caring which one - his shoulder nearly bumped into one of the newer arrivals to the table.

"Op, sorry there. Nearly created my own catastrophe just now," he chuckled. Sophie and Tucker would appreciate the joke, right? He then spotted the camera around her neck. "You here with the Daily Prophet?" Did she want a picture? He could be sure to give her his good side.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes