View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 04:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
SlytherinSistah
Special Services to the School

DoM
Ramora

Ministry RPG Name:
Jasper Mitterbill
Mysteries
x9 x3
C.R.E.A.M | Haitian Sensation | Shark Patronus | Your Huckleberry | T's ClayBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Penguin View Post
Edward stepped in to the office that had been until recently, occupied by Summers. With the transition, it was in an understandable state of slight disarray. This didn't bother Edward much as his area at times looked similar. Especially if he was hot on the trail of some expected breakthrough.

Good day. Things are going well. About the way one would expect in the love division. Hard nut to crack, that one. Not sure how I ended up studying love, but it seems to have suited me. Edward made sure to avoid stepping on anything but flooring. It wasn't too bad.

Thought I'd check in with you since you've come over this way. See what I could do to help things out, what with the transition and all. He hesitated, but knew it would be best to get things out in the open at the start. Also thought I'd come in, see what your expectations were for what we do here in the department, specifically my own division.
"Ah yes. Love is very tricky. Even at my age I haven't been able to figure that one out." Thankfully, the wife had it all figured out. Or maybe she had it half figured out and somehow this worked as a catalyst making Jasper's relative cluelessness seem less pronounced just by simply standing next to her. Love knowledge by osmosis ftw!

Jasper's smile remained placed and the effort to keep it there was eased by Edward's question. It made his job a great deal easier when his people took the initiative. "I find your work fascinating, Mr. Lennox and specifically, I am most interested in the research aspect of it. But that is, of course on a personal level. I feel that I should ask you where you are at in the Ever-locked room. Have you made any discoveries? Do you think there is a specific direction you'd like to see the work you've done take?"

Jasper paused to let the man answer and considered the positions he had available in the department. "Also, Mr. Lennox, whilst I have you here, I could really use a good wizard to act as Department Liaison. It's not a constant job that needs doing and won't take you away from your work too often, but on occasion a go-between for the Department of Mysteries and the others, in particular, the minister's office is needed. Would you be interested?" Although, he did not know the goings-on in the love room as well and Mr. Ashby, he had noticed that Edward was the punctual and present sort and thought that would be valuable in such a position.