View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 01:44 AM   #143 (permalink)
Ambry Jumptuft
St. Mungo's Healer
Dugbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Jory was highly amused by this Healer woman. She didn't even seem to mind him calling her a shrink. He knew Healers disliked to be compared to Muggle doctors. Jory decided to humour her.

"Really? I didn't know that.'' Really, he didn't. Was that even true? "I haven't suffered any though and I don't intend on having any.'' Lost his hair? O_O Automatically, the YATI raised his right hand to run it through his hair. "I don't stress easily. Which is a good thing, right Healer? Look, I've got all my think, blond hair to prove it.'' He eyed Ambry. "How about you? Haven't you been stressed lately? I hear Healers don't have it any easier.''

Questions. Jory was ready to answer them. "I just feel tired. I love my job so I have no problems doing whatever I have to do to get it done.'' How was that answer? He was not a wacko, thank you very much.
Tsk tsk tsk. This man was in such denial! It was Ambry's job - nay, her DUTY as a HUMAN BEING - to get him to see the light, and change his ways so he could finally be calm and happy again!

"Not many do. It's why mental illness is so overlooked in society," she explained with a heavy sigh. "And I must say, fatigue is one of the FIRST signs of distress. We have to get you on a serious relaxation regime ASAP before it gets even worse! Next thing you know, you'll be unable to move, paralysis by overwhelming feelings of hopeless," she informed him. So yeah, heed her advice, Mister! If you didn't, BAD THINGS were going to happen!

"And I must INSIST you not do any Auror-ish business for at LEAST six months. To be sure you aren't getting even MORE stressed," she told him. If he protested, she would be even MORE concerned and convinced this man needed a vacation.

"Don't worry about ME. I'm used to it. Many years in the business," she told him before waving her wand and transfiguring his seat into a recliner so he was laying down. There. Relaxing, yes?!