View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 11:29 PM   #129 (permalink)
Ambry Jumptuft
St. Mungo's Healer
Dugbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Jory was all that much caught up with amusing himself that he failed to notice the Healer hurriedly approaching him until he took hold of his arm. Then pushed him down on a chair. O_O Didn't waste time, did they, these Healers?

What? WHAT? Mental health? "I don't need a shrink,'' he said, shaking his head and quite forgetting the Healer might not know what a shrink was. "But you're right about the rest and relaxation.'' It hadn't been that busy for him at the Ministry recently but he was going to humour her. If she got too intense he could always make a break for it.
Oh my, the poor man was delusional. He was lashing out and calling her names too! She knew what a shrink was and quite frankly saw it as an INSULT. She was no muggle quack doctor - she was a licensed, practiced, BRILLIANT healer! Oh well, Ambry couldn't be mad at him. He wasn't in the right state of mind. He couldn't be blamed for what his befuddled mind said.

"Sir, please don't get alarmed," she told him calmly. "Did you know that 99.9999999% of all people experience mental breakdowns and mental health problems at least once in their lives? With all the nonsense going on here at the Ministry, it's a wonder you haven't lost your hair from the stress!" she exclaimed. Yes, and he had really nice hair. See? It could be worse!

"Now, as far as my diagnosis - I need to ask you a few more questions. When was the last time you cried, sir?" she asked him. "Have you been extra tired lately? Do you ever feel that you're just going through the motions of work every day?" she asked. VERY important information that she needed to know!

Oh, and look - a crabby looking lady had just walked in. More people to help! "Can someone help her, please?" she called out to her fellow healers. She looked like she might start stunning people if she wasn't helped soon. YIKES!