View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #100 (permalink)
Wandastian Epitaph
St. Mungo's Healer
Murtlap

SPOILER!!: The PROFESSIONALS of St. Mungo's and poor, POOR Williamson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loranys Lilyfield View Post
Stretcher carrying Mr. Hottie McHotter (BanaBatGirl) floating behind her, Loranys FRANTICALLY kicked open the door to the technology lounge with her heels and let out a shrill banshee shriek for her bestest friend in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD.

"RAVAORA! Ravaora I need your assistance at ONCE. This is an emergency! This man is suffering from O.O.P.S, pruritusism, zuccherotosis, AND loquentes ieiuniumtis!"

And let's not even get started on his nutrition and choice of pet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
SPOILER!!: The Crazy Loranys

For the LOVE of CIRCE......! William had NOT just been STRAPPED DOWN and SILENCED by this woman! Wasn't she here to save his life, not PREVENT AIR from getting to his nose and mouth!!!

He was really starting to panic now, with all these additional diagnoses and the "Healer" screaming for a Ravanora. What was that even?! Some kind of potion?!! WAS SHE GOING TO KILL HIM?!!! WAS SHE ONE OF THOSE "Death Angel" HEALERS?!?!?!!!!!!!

"Haaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppp pppppppppp," William did his best to moan from the stretcher. Somebody, anybody! He could barely even turn his head to see who all was IN this technology center!!!!
[QUOTE=Ravaora Silverkin;11647002]

Oh dear sweet Merlin, Circe above, was the woman scratching?? She was! The way her hand moved across her cheek like that surely couldn't have been coincidence! Ravaora wracked her mind, trying to remember if this was contagious but of course it couldn't be or she would have been scratching too by now. The healer wagged her finger in reprimand. "Don't scratch it, Love, you'll only infect the area further." Then they would be in some serious trouble. Didn't want that, right?

She noted the disoriented look of the woman, like she was looking for something but there was nothing to be sought in this room. Sigh. It truly was setting in, wasn't it-- hdsfkvjf and that rambling she was doing!! Nevermind it had only been one question, it was one question too many!!!

"There is nothing wrong with your face that we cannot fix." Such a trooper she was, denying the inevitable in the face of death. It was almost sad. Tragic really. "But things are most certainly not alright. You have acute Pruritusism, confudosis and the beginnings of what can only be classified as Loquentes Ieiuniumtis categorized by scratching, disorientation and rambling respectively--NOT TO WORRY, we've seen worse cases." Ravaora reached for her clipboard and made a few jottings then thwacked a blue sticky post it on her forward followed by a purple. "There, now you can begin receiving the adequate help you need." Weren't colours FUN? "Any questions before you go?"

The nonchalance was going nowhere with this one and she noticed it clung to his outer person even as he made his way behind her into the examination room. With a flick of her wand the door slammed shut forever at which point she gave him a once over. Still, this nonchalance...he might have been one of her most serious cases but he had no idea. Ravaora took a device and pressed it to his neck. "Normal heart rate..." Her hand smacked lightly against his cheek next. "Rough texture..."

Oh yes, she saw, she saw very clearly and it was no wonder she hadn't picked it up earlier. The Healer circled him once, given him another once over before, "How do you feel about clowns?--I need you to tell me a joke, Sir." Yes, got on it. Make her laugh, prove her wrong.

Or perhaps prove her right, there was an injection for everything afterall.

"A break you say? No better break than giving me the chance to get your check up underway. It won't take long and surely you know you can't check yourself." Professionals such as themselves were above that level of thinking so yes Mr. Cresswell, we'd LOVE to have a go at you.

So tense, he seemed and she already had a few conclusions she'd drawn on. Just needed him alone in a room with a couple prodding equipment and the truth would be uncovered in no time.

"Right this way if you will." But really he had no choice.

And here the confused look persisted. If the young woman kept this up, Ravaora wouldn't need an entire check up to tell her what was wrong. This poor POOR dear. Still so young. She bet she hadn't had the opportunity to live her life to the fullest yet she was already losing brain function. What a cruel world they lived in inside this graveyard in disguise. That's all this place really was.

Better start out simple, speak slow enough so her brain could keep up. "Can you tell me what year the Mole People invaded New York City?" With the confused, you always needed to know how aware they were of current affairs. Perhaps the damage was not nearly as extensive. "And who is the current Minister for Magic....in Czechoslovakia?" Hmmmmm?

While she questioned, she prodded lightly at her arms, her face, her stomach. Just checking for nervous system responses, don't mind us.

Did no one else SEE how slowly she put away her reading material?? Her motor function was decreasing. How tragic! Never to walk the lonely road again because she wouldn't be walking. Despite the decrease happening in the arms, everyone knew the legs would ultimately be the first to go. Perhaps one day while in those heels....those heels. "Why do you wear those?" Important question.

Ah but here they had another confused one as well. Asking an abundance of questions, rambling on as she did as if she couldn't help herself. The processes in her mind must have been going too fast!! DEFINITELY COULDN'T WAIT, NOPE, THIS ONE WAS A TICKING TIME BOMB.

"This situation, yes." Ravaora explained as she led her into the room. "You must first understand how serious this is. How long have you been rambling? Childhood? New found habit? Why do you think you do it?" Would her brain process all those? Perhaps she should have slowed down. Mid questioning she reached forward and flicked the woman in the head once....twice...thrice...what was the reaction time here?

Eeeeekkkkkkkk!!!!

Such rapid and uncontrolled limb motion!! Ravaora watched with a wide eyed fascination as the man's frustration built. Quick tempered. Easily irritated. Obviously stressed and in need of sedation--those reflexes........"You must be on edge." She started slowly as she made a slow advance toward him, syringe posed in hand. So tense this one. It was obvious what he had and becoming obvious of a second symptom as well. "Here, let me help you. This job can be so stressful." Sloooooowly drawing closer, syringe with green liquid inside that would make him HAPPY for a loooong time. "Come now Mr. Grumpykins."

WHOOOAAAA sound the alarm! He was BABBLING rubbish! "MERLIN DIDN'T HAVE FLUFFY SLIPPERS SIR!!!" See why this needle in hand was necessary? If he wasn't careful the one with yellow would be next.

Could she find the door? Would she have to lead the way? Because she would you know. Ravaora was here to HELP and if people within the Ministry were starting to lose their sight one was expected to be extra helpful. Not much of a talker she noted as well. Closing the door behind her she looked to the hesitant young woman--that was it, wasn't it?? The hesitancy, the uncertainty....Merlin why didn't she see this sooner. "How long have you been working here?" It could already be too late but she still had to TRY.

Just as she'd gotten through with another of the dying she heard her name above the hum and buzz of the room. Oh, Wandastian! The Healer smiled, making her way over. "I thought you'd be offering your assistance to those on the lower levels." Was it that they didn't trust the Healers at the Ministry? Absolutely.

"I like to think I've made excellent progress up here." As proven by all the people who now knew for a fact they were dying. They were most welcome. She was here to help.

The short responses only continued despite Ravaora's BEST efforts to stir up a riveting conversation between the two. Such a shame it was, it seemed her speech function really was being run down to nothing. There might have been a shot for that...or a potion but they were hardly prepared for a case such as hers.

Aaaand she was a none toucher. "Fear of contact." She noted with a scribble to her board as she entered the room. While they were on this, for someone that didn't say much in any one go, she spoke a lot....rambled even...went off on tangents. Ravaora was lucky to keep up!!! Yessss, quite alarming to say the least. "Would you prefer to sit? Weak in the knees? How long has this problem persisted?" But by all means the woman could sit. It would make the injection go by easier if it came to that. Just a thought.

"How often do you come in contact with people?" Or did she run for the hills the moment it was initiated. Could be anything. Anything so just in case Ravaora began preparing a syringe. "This has been known to cure even the most dead of men." She promised, giving the needle a light flick. If your legs didn't want to wake, they obviously needed a waker upper.

"So, tell me, do you eat at the food court here?"

SPOILER!!: Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
WHAT even was all that about? Alex couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at this woman, something no doubt she would probably pick up on and accuse her of having some other disorder. Did she just call her crazy? She smiled at that. Honestly, did the woman fail to see that she was already working in an institution where crazy was a job requirement. She did find herself leaning back though when the 'healer' leaned in waaaaayyyyyy close to her. Personal space. Professionalism. Honestly.

She gave an apologetic smile towards her floormate though when he replied back about it being easier to send them all home for the day. Did he not see though? Sending them all home for the day without reason would be cause for suspicion. BUT if they sent them all to St Mungos for 'care' well there wouldn't be anything they could do about it. Nonetheless she gave her floormate a 'we'll talk later' look, as she turned obediently toward the 'healer' and followed her into the examination room.

"Sorry to interrupt your examination process, but I am in working shape and haven't had any issues." So she was healthy, really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post

Ravaora's radar was aaaallll over this one. The way she kept eyeing her, all the leaning away she was doing. Telling signs indeed and the moment she got back into the examination room she was taking notes. "Would you consider yourself suspicious of most things and most people? Hmmmm? Suspicious of me? Of this needle?" No worries, we won't be using it on you....unless of course...the woman became uncooperative, then they would run into some problems.

Interruption indeed. The Healer glanced up from the syringe and toward Miss Pushy. "Rambling as well....." Scribble scribble scribble. So much to discover with this one and so little time before she had to save yet another from dying. A Healer's work was never done, now was it?

"Would you say you get enough sleep in?"

Wasn't this one a doll? Literally, such nice blonde hair and those cheek bones. Half plastic she was. Not safe for the environment at all--AND NOT SHARING. Why? That was the most important question as Ravaora walked over to the couch. If she had to guess, the young woman was a conspiracy theorist with the idea everyone in this room was infected and she was next. "You don't have to worry. I'm on YOUR side." The Healer whispered loudly, her hands cupped around her mouth and her tone slow as if the girl were either hard of hearing or hard of understanding. Had to get the message out.

"I'll need you to come with me. I can save you from the death chamber if you hurry." Otherwise Ravaora would dutifully turn out for the funeral. Once you met someone you couldn't just NOT attend, it was rude. [b]"Do you need a hand getting up?

Ah hah! Trick question! Bet she never saw that one coming.

SPOILER!!: *can feel the love*

These two Protested FAR too much. Honestly, how did they expect her to do her job? She couldn't save lives if the lives were clinging to the reaper and telling her she may be excused and Ravaora would be damned if she let these two slip through her well manicured fingers. It simply wouldn't be happening on her watch...that...she left back in her office. Huh. Wow. Bad omen right there.

Once inside she turned first to the rambler. "You talk a lot, like A LOT. Classic sign Sweetheart but I know what to do in such a case." Without warning she stuck something in his ear, "Say 'ahhhhhh'" Walking around his chair, she skilfully ignored the walking cane the old man had been on about. If he used the cane, it wouldn't be HER bloody miracle now would it? "This stuttering, have you always had it? How do you feel about dying? Don't you think my job is important?" Sometimes...it was nice to feel appreciated while you worked.

Which brought her to the next one. Mr. Hero Complex. "You don't like being alone do you? It's why you INSISTED on coming in with Mr. Clarke here--it's okay, no need to explain. I understand. You've got deeply routed trust issues stemming from all the horrors you've seen in this place."

Her heart went out to him, with every beat she could feel his anguish and was right her with the sedating syringe once he took a seat because those arms, those muscle, rawr. Had to get a feel before he was a goner, you know?

Oh wow! This one was changing colour without her having smacked him first!!

!!!

!!!!!

How exciting!!--Yet tragic, so so tragic. Was he another lost soul come for the little help he may receive? She knew the type well, she'd seen enough of them since the morning began. if you asked her, he looked nothing but uneasy, even more so after yelling happened somewhere in the room. Wait...she knew that look.

"MERLIN'S GREAT GROGGY BEARD HE'S HAVING A HEART ATTACK!!" Nooooooo!!! Ravaora rushed over to the man and tackled him to the floor. "Not to worry Sir, I know exactly what to do." She began pumping at his chest aggressively, like they did in those muggle movies where every second counted.

"You will LIVE dammit!!"

SPOILER!!: Healer Bestie and Mr. Hottie McHotter

Hold the snitch! That shrill screeching!!! Loranys!! Ravaora whipped around at the sudden call to action and practically FLEW over to her bestfriend and the patie---"Hopping hippogriffs!!!" The Healer's eyes were WIDE as she leaned forward with all the care in the medical world. Just look at him. Hardly able to move, the poor dear. His motor skills must have been going too. She'd seen a few like that since morning. This place got more tragic by the hour.

"So many.....so.....many....." DISEASES. She turned to Loranys. "Have you told him he's dying as yet?" Because that was HER job best friend or not. Eyes still wide, she turned to the obviously disoriented--or delusional if he was asking for help when help was RIGHT HERE--man. Ravaora placed her hand to his face and sighed deeply. "If it's the last thing I do. You will LIVE! Living is what we DO, OKAY??"

She just needed to get him to the room and he would be properly taken care of, him and all his lovely muscle. Oh yes, this one was nice, he would have to live for sure. "Do you mind giving a watch for me?" She asked as she prepared to leave. No time to waste!

It was a thing of BEAUTY, watching these two ladies labor and take such great PRIDE in their work. TRULY INSPIRATIONAL. If Wandastian had the time to give them the unlimited SNAPS they deserved...Well, he'd do so...BUT LIVES needed SAVING.

Poor, POOR employee, however. He'd heard the woman, had he not? He'd been on death's door stoop. And Loranys had taking a liking to the fellow. Lucky man, he was. Didn't he realize how accomplished Ms. Lilyfield was? One of the best Healers in the country, she was.

"Unfortunately, I'm only down here for a short moment...Healer Donovan seems utterly strained and incapable dealing under the circumstances. Loranys, I believe his diet will need a thorough review."

When the time came, Wandy would attend to Healer Donovan himself. The man was just simply too troubled to carry on without the proper assessments....and possibly a potion or two.

"We'll rendezvous later, lovelies." Yes, he was forever in awe of his coworkers. Such professionalism. Oh, me! Oh, MY!

SPOILER!!: PhoenixStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStar View Post
Who exactly was this man talking to? Ainsley looked around to see if somebody was waiting on a potion. When nobody stepped up to claim the bottle, she realized that it was meant for her. She just stared at the man for a moment. "How very sweet of you."But how did he know that she needed to calm down? Normally Ainsley was super laid back and didn't cause any waves, but the stress of her job was getting to her lately. "And this is what exactly, my dear?" Her eye started to twitch.

She wasn't up for just blindly taking something. What if she was allergic to an ingredient? Shouldn't there be some kind of screening before you went and gave random people potions? Ainsley was skeptical. The blonde thought this whole health screen was fishy.

"This potion will only calm and relax you, ma'am. I promise...as a professional from one of the most revered wizarding medical facilities in the world, I would only seek to help. Not harm."

"It's simply to relax you...All the ingredients are organic." Loranys insisted as much. Organic health meant organic life! "It's just...you seem so stressed, ma'am." That was nearly UNRESTRAINED panic in her eyes! Wandy knew the signs!

It would turn into a nasty bit of business if he had to ensure she took the potion. Idly, he checked his watch.

SPOILER!!: Loranys and the Senior Undersecretary
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
He. Didn't. Want to. Be here.

How obvious was this? Couldn't they tell from the look on his face? The better question was, didn't that Mr. Epitaph know when his Healers were not wanted nor were the needed? Health checks, it was a joke and a rather non-amusing one at that. As the Senior Underscretary had tried to explain, there was nothing wrong with the employees working within the Ministry, no matter what reports they got from elsewhere.

With the deepest scowl set in place and his hands buried deep into the pockets of his pants, the man made his entrance. Like everyone else, he had an appointment, and he'd shown up on time so he wouldn't be forced to mingle.

"Gavin Isaacs, Senior Undersecretary." Let's hurry this thing along, shall we? There was a madwoman tackling someone to the ground and another with Williamson. Poor bloke. Just one of those better you than me scenarios in truth. Personal space, he would stay over here and keep his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loranys Lilyfield View Post
SPOILER!!: my future husband & bestie

Leaping leprechauns! Did Ravaora hear that? DID she hear the way he was continuing to ramble despite the gentle care she had already bestowed upon him? Oh sweet Merlin he was getting WORSE. He might not even make it to their wedding day!

"Ooooooooooooooooooh my Meeeeeeeeeeeerlin, you fear that as well?" she gasped, both hands over her chest and hair looking especially frizzy. Only, unlike her bestie, Loranys had a better bedside manner and didn't outright tell her patients they were dying. "Oh PLEASE, you have to, you just have to. I know this is AWFULLY unprofessional...but I just KNOW. You know? YOU KNOW!" And of course her bestie would KNOW what she was talking about. "I am sure I brought some of my potions for the more extreme cases along with us. Use whatever you think is necessary."

HEAL HIM!

"I need to go to the other examination point, but DON'T hesitate to contact me if things take a turn for the worst!"

Because she would totally be able to find someone to perform the wedding ceremony before he passed. Then she could be Mirs Loranys Lobelia McHotter.

She was just about to clip clop her way out of the room when Heart Throb McGav entered. She could TOTALLY afford a few more minutes here. Besides, she would need a backup in case Hottie McHotter didn't make it out.

"Ooooooooooh, right THIS way, Mr. Undersecretary," she giggled as she avoiding a flirtatious slip-up of his title, but only just barely. She swiftly, but carefully, slipped her arm under his so she could escort him to the designated area. "Just a few nyahaha routine checks and questions and you will be all set."

She had already taken note of the way he had been trying to isolated himself. Not a good sign, not at all. It could only mean ONE thing.

"Tell me, what have you had to eat today?" Oh dear future husband number two.

Oh, if it wasn't the Senior Undersecretary....The man that had made all THIS possible. Wandastian brightly grinned as Loranys descended upon him.

Don't worry, Mr. Isaacs. All will be well and fine soon. That's what they were there for. Reforms! Health awareness! Dietary awareness!

SPOILER!!: Govoni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govoni View Post

Anthony was rather fed up. Could you TELL he was fed up? Because MERLIN, he WAS FED UP!

Prepared to do battle with this woman, again...the term was used loosely, the Department Head stalked forward, pulling his wand. If they wanted to make something of it, they could take it up with the Minister himself. Mr. Sherman Clark suffered from old age. Not....whatever they'd said.

Merlin, they didn't even sound like legit illnesses.

...but they were already disappearing into a room. He took a moment...and a few breathes to compose himself. It was true. These Healers had the ability to drive one to insanity.

"It's going to be very straight forward. I'm going to do some vital checks...and then you'll be free to go." Nope, he wasn't subjecting people to whatever else. He had started to...but no. Not now. Too fed up. The Department Head wanted to be DONE here so he could attend to other business on his level. There were contracts he'd been meant to work on today.

There was simply NO TIME for this ridiculousness.

Anthony went ahead and slipped on some latex gloves. "Just get comfortable, Mr. Mora. I'll be quick."...and he could make up things for his file. That was Anthony's current level of caring. Zero.

WHY was there ANOTHER St. Mungo's person down here? WHY?

Merlin, the screeching...

Wait, what?!

"Excuse me, but I respectfully decline." He'd been in this same room with THAT woman for hours now. He had no doubts she was certifiable...and tackling people, hitting them in the head...Ahem. NOT for him, thank you very much!

Yes, Anthony refused to die that way. There was still so much to see...

"I'll just get back to work..." Yep...just going to get right on that...

"Name and department?" Quickly...before you get snatched up by Nutter #1 and Nutter #2 over there.

...and WHY was that Epitaph guy down here? What was the purpose of THREE St. Mungo's Healers in one place? Was Bradley okay?

Merlin, could the employees SEE the utter panic in his eyes?!

NO, no...Get it over with now, mate. No need for them to be tracking you down later.

Anthony got the distinct feeling they would that sort of thing. Their combined crazy felt at about that level.

"Name and department." Hurry.

...and Merlin, did one that actually LOOKED an anxious mess have to show up? This was what they wanted! To make the Ministry look incapable and incompetent.

Maybe. Anthony didn't generally speak Nutter.

"Relax. Name and department."...but QUICKLY, please. Please, before you're SEEN.

Oh, did Healer Cresswell thing he was immune to these VERY IMPORTANT checks? Wandastian stepped forward and lightly patted the man on his shoulder. The motion was distinctly awkward.

"Don't you worry, Healer Cresswell. Ravaora will see to you personally. She's fully adept at handling the issues that accumulate when you're knackered and spent from years in government offices." Oh, there was no more stressful a job than that of the political kind.

"When you've completed the evaluations you're currently working on, please see her. Immediately. Thank you."

Had he heard that? No, no room for arguments! This was a SERIOUS matter. The longer he waited, the worse off he'd be.

SPOILER!!: Fira
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fira View Post
Health evaluations?

Was this a joke? Seriously, who was in the desperate need of a health check? Josh Carter believed he was perfectly healthy. Thank you. But apparently he had to make it to this appointment. This man knew one thing; he didn't like hospitals and he didn't like healers or doctors. Not that he had something against them personally. He just didn't like the progress of examination and the...clean, overly hygienic interior of a hospital which always had annoying colours around and an odd smell coming with it.

And it didn't take much time for the auror to realise that this place totally looked like a hospital once he walked in.

There were people around...naturally. But what was he supposed to do now? Moreover...what were those healers looking for? Whatever they were going to do to him, Josh hoped they would just not dare touch his scars. Especially the one over his eye.

*ahem*

"Hello?"

Oh, before he wandered off, Wandastian supposed he could see to this man. The O.O.P.S. was STRONG with this one. An the SCARS! This poor, POOR young fellow! What had he been subjected to while working at this facility? Oh, ME....OH, MY!

"Sir, please. Let me attend to you at once. How are you feeling?" He might not have looked particularly angry at the moment, but that DID NOT mean an episode wasn't just around the corner. Wandy had seen it all before. So tragic. So, utterly DISASTROUS and HORRIBLE. Given the scars, Wandastian didn't want to take a chance with a potion vial. Circe help him if he repeated the earlier woman's tantrum!

"Ravaora! Syringe!"

Last edited by Wandastian Epitaph; 08-08-2014 at 01:01 AM. Reason: akdjflksdjlf