View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 10:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Nothing about Genevieve's response surprised her. She had gone over the girls file, and was perfectly aware of her passing grades - something that was to be expected from a top recruit. What amused her most in all of this, was perhaps the manner in which Branxton was approaching this. "I'd like to know if you think you're ready to be a full time Auror," she returned with emphasis. "Your grades are indication enough that you're capable, and your conduct on the job supports this."

Did she see where she was going with this?

"What I'd like to know is, where you do see yourself in five years from now? What are you hoping to achieve?"
In any other situation, this would be laughable. Genevieve was always straight-forward, sometimes abruptly so and sometimes well ahead of when it was appropriate. So for her to be sitting here, beating around the bush and asking politely for something she wanted was so out of character for her. She was infuriated with the whole situation. Maybe even a bit with Emily, and definitely with herself.

And so she sighed a little heavily before answering. "Yes, I think I'm ready. I know I came in young, green, and... impulsive, but I know I've made great strides over the past three years. I'd like to be able to contribute more fully to the department, and I can't do that being a trainee." And she did have top marks, but she'd already pointed that part out.

What did five year plans have to do with this year plans? "I see myself here. I'm taking courses at university in potions, specifically to specialize in poisons and antidotes, but that's to further my own specialization in law enforcement. I suppose I'd like to be a team leader someday, but mostly I just want to pull my weight and do good work as part of the team."

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest