View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 04:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

SPOILER!!: Emily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post

Watch her work, yes, because a second lunch break wasn't an option, and even if it was... she wouldn't take it. There wasn't much wrong with watching her sort things, it hardly demanded much attention, so Emily was quick to dismiss Vic's claims at being distracting. "I'm not easily distracted, but if a work matter does demand my attention, I'll be sure to let you down gently," she mused, almost teasing. But here they were regardless, talking and whatnot, so yes... she was part of her 1-2 percent for the week, a glowing statistic if ever she heard one.

Closing the door behind them, Emily moved straight to her desk and claimed her seat, her in tray already looked a mess, and she'd dealt with it just that morning. Sigh. "Oh, well that's even better then," she acknowledged with a nod. Of course, she couldn't comprehend Vic's struggles the past year, but she knew enough to know the woman had a rough go of it. Work always made for a good distraction in that case. She heard a lot, Vic was good like that, carried a conversation all on her own. Work, the event thing, girls, Charley, Cosgrach. Why did that name sound so familiar? Cosgrach. And then it dawned on her. "Wait... Bachelor of the Month guy?" she queried. Considering though that the title was shared with two others that issue, it was hardly flattering. Pulling the pile toward her, Emily started scanning the trays contents.

After going over the girls file - not a particularly thick one, and full of commendations to boot - she poured a glass of water and set to responding to a memo when a knock at the door signalled Branxton's arrival. Or at least, she could only assume it was Branxton. Timely and well mannered, two qualities she liked in her employees.

"Come in," she called, the door opening slightly with a wave of her wand, her eyes still trained on the memo card in front.

Going into the office Victoria looked around. Had she ever been in this office? She couldn’t remember, but goodness that inbox and she thought she had way too many things to do on her desk. Emily sure competed and maybe one that. Though the event had her more than swamped with inbox things. “Of course” She nodded knowing that things did come up and that was completely fine. “I do prefer being let down gently. Though I’m getting better at the blunt get lost.” She joked of course, but there was some truth under that statement as well.

“Yes it is, I was really even thinking a change in my career might need to be done to help me through things, but I’m so glad I stuck it out, because the promotion was just a shock.” She had never expected it and she really had thought about leaving just before it, but now she was Manager and Charely wasn’t even working at the ministry anymore. Things just worked themselves out. “How’s Zeke doing?” That was his name, right? “You should certainly bring him to the Quidditch Event, I bet he’ll love meeting the players.” It would be perfect for him.

A blush fell of her when Emily made the connection, “Oh yes, he was over the summer.” She chuckled almost forgetting about it really. “Bart had actually tricked us on a date last school term and we had went out a few times over the summer, but started dating right before he had to go back for the start of term.” It had been going well, until well they couldn’t talk at all. She was going a bit stir crazy over it.