View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 01:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
HaRoHeGiNeLu
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Carsyn Cooke
First Year
x8
Satisfied Neon

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeheeheeny View Post
Max snorted as if what Ellie said was preposterous, but... they both knew she was right. And he admitted it. "I do. Because you would." Everyone knew Ellie Stone was the coolest, and he'd be the first person to shout it to the world.

He kept an eye on her quaffle-handling as they conversed, much more out of instinct than him actually being focused on the ball. He grinned a cheeky sort of smile at her retort and shrugged. "But you are playing against one of the best Keepers in the league, y'know." He wasn't THE top Keeper, but he still couldn't help but feel a little bad for Ellie at the moment. And just because his best friend was a professional Quidditch player didn't necessarily mean she'd have a decent Chaser arm, right? But... then... Merlin, how was he going to be able to face the general public without a guilty conscience when they challenged him?

He was in trouble.

The realization that a woman was watching them distracted Max briefly while Ellie zigzagged, but his gaze was locked back on the ball when she launched it and he instinctively swung the tail of his broomstick around, knocking the quaffle right back at Ellie.

...Oh. He'd meant to go easy on her, he did. It was instinct - he couldn't help it that time. "S'okay, that was a practice shot. Try again," he smiled. This time he'd make sure she got it in. Yes. His best friend's pride was on the line.
Yeah, Max, she knew you well. "No. Because you have more faith in me than I deserve." It was said matter-of-factly. And they both knew it was true. Max had always thought Ellie more than capable at anything she set out to do. He'd thought her a goddess, practically.

"What's that to do with anything?" she asked. As far as she was concerned, her playing her weakest position against Max only meant that she'd fail epically. Which was okay with her. It wasn't like she was a Chaser or anything. She could lose playing Chaser.

The redhead swerved and dove to catch the Quaffle returned to her by Max's broomstick. "Like I'd give up?" There was just a hint of a smirk on her face.

Ellie took the ball for a joyride around the pitch, sped toward the right goal hoop, then tossed the Quaffle up towards the center one. It was awfully hard to fool a Keeper when you were one-on-one, but she was determined to try.