View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 01:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
feeheeheeny

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia "Mia" Adair
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leigh Upstead
Hufflepuff
Third Year
x11
be curious, not judgmental

Text Cut: BFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRoHeGiNeLu View Post
"You think I'd be a cool anything," she answered, rolling her eyes. She caught the Quaffle and flew in a few circles while Max took up his position. It was weird to not have anyone to pass it to. It felt wrong. Instead, she braked and tossed it from hand to hand a few times.

Was he kidding her? Ellie shot a look at her friend. "Shut up, Maximus. I never played at Hogwarts. I never played officially. That doesn't mean I've never played." She did have a small Quidditch set-up at her parent's house. Could it be that she's only played as Seeker for so many years and never Chaser? Or, at least, with Max? Hmmm.

But don't you dare suggest giving anything less than your best, Mr. James. Ellie tucked the Quaffle under her arm, didn't give warning, then took off. After a few yards of zig-zagging, she threw the Quaffle towards the left hoop.

Max snorted as if what Ellie said was preposterous, but... they both knew she was right. And he admitted it. "I do. Because you would." Everyone knew Ellie Stone was the coolest, and he'd be the first person to shout it to the world.

He kept an eye on her quaffle-handling as they conversed, much more out of instinct than him actually being focused on the ball. He grinned a cheeky sort of smile at her retort and shrugged. "But you are playing against one of the best Keepers in the league, y'know." He wasn't THE top Keeper, but he still couldn't help but feel a little bad for Ellie at the moment. And just because his best friend was a professional Quidditch player didn't necessarily mean she'd have a decent Chaser arm, right? But... then... Merlin, how was he going to be able to face the general public without a guilty conscience when they challenged him?

He was in trouble.

The realization that a woman was watching them distracted Max briefly while Ellie zigzagged, but his gaze was locked back on the ball when she launched it and he instinctively swung the tail of his broomstick around, knocking the quaffle right back at Ellie.

...Oh. He'd meant to go easy on her, he did. It was instinct - he couldn't help it that time. "S'okay, that was a practice shot. Try again," he smiled. This time he'd make sure she got it in. Yes. His best friend's pride was on the line.