View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 06:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
Hera
Dark Force Defense League

DMC
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Hart
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Olympia Stanton
Magical Creatures

x10 x10
½ EagleBrain ♥ Creeperdoodle ♥ Raven Dor ♥ Berry ♥ ½ Team House Elf

SPOILER!!: Vic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post

Amazing? Hmm, she'd have to possibly check it out the next time she was taking a walking break from her desk. "I'll take your recommendation next time I find some time to be away from things." Which anymore wasn't often, but she forced the time at the moment. Watch her work? Well not what Victoria had hoped from her visit, but then again her thoughts were at the fact that she had come unannounced and she was interrupting the woman at work. "All right, but I won't stay long. I don't want to distract you."

She chuckled more as she went into Emily's office, she knew what Gavin talked about her being a workaholic. Emily and Vic were very much alike in those aspects. She was just a bit more social than her MLE friend it seemed. "Well I'm glad I could be that small percentage to socialize with you today." Beaming a bit, she knew she forced it, but still it was giving her probably a needed break as well. Nodding at her ice cream she didn't feel like Emily was all that surprised, so maybe they did that often.

"Oh thank you." She assumed Gavin told her or maybe Mariel if they spoke, but she wasn't sure how much her boss and Emily spoke to each other much. "It was a great surprise last year during everything that had been going on in my life. Probably a great push in the best direction." They all knew Vic wasn't the strongest of people, especially last year. That was then though and now things had been getting better.
"Great really, super busy here, but that's the great part I think. We have that amazing Quidditch event coming up so that has been super occupied. Then between time with the girls when they aren't with Charely and spending time with Cosgrach when he can get away from the school, it's just been good."
She was smiling bigger, did Emily know about Cosgrach, maybe not, she wans't one to lab her relationships around and since he hadn't come to the Gala with her, no one would really know.

Watch her work, yes, because a second lunch break wasn't an option, and even if it was... she wouldn't take it. There wasn't much wrong with watching her sort things, it hardly demanded much attention, so Emily was quick to dismiss Vic's claims at being distracting. "I'm not easily distracted, but if a work matter does demand my attention, I'll be sure to let you down gently," she mused, almost teasing. But here they were regardless, talking and whatnot, so yes... she was part of her 1-2 percent for the week, a glowing statistic if ever she heard one.

Closing the door behind them, Emily moved straight to her desk and claimed her seat, her in tray already looked a mess, and she'd dealt with it just that morning. Sigh. "Oh, well that's even better then," she acknowledged with a nod. Of course, she couldn't comprehend Vic's struggles the past year, but she knew enough to know the woman had a rough go of it. Work always made for a good distraction in that case. She heard a lot, Vic was good like that, carried a conversation all on her own. Work, the event thing, girls, Charley, Cosgrach. Why did that name sound so familiar? Cosgrach. And then it dawned on her. "Wait... Bachelor of the Month guy?" she queried. Considering though that the title was shared with two others that issue, it was hardly flattering. Pulling the pile toward her, Emily started scanning the trays contents.

SPOILER!!: Vivi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Miss Genevieve Branxton was insanely nervous, and nervous was not a feeling she handled very well. She'd had too much cauldron coffee, and then she'd had a donut, and now she was pretty sure she wasn't actually walking on the floor as she crossed the reception area and paused in front of Emily's office door. Feet on the floor? Yes.

Proper dark suit without a crease or speck of dust? Yes yes. Composed and adult-like exterior? Absolutely. Matching interior? Nope.

She knocked and then immediately tried to swallow her own fist out of nervousness. Do not mess this up, Branxton, or you'll be stuck on coffee runs and babysitting duty forever.

After going over the girls file - not a particularly thick one, and full of commendations to boot - she poured a glass of water and set to responding to a memo when a knock at the door signalled Branxton's arrival. Or at least, she could only assume it was Branxton. Timely and well mannered, two qualities she liked in her employees.

"Come in," she called, the door opening slightly with a wave of her wand, her eyes still trained on the memo card in front.