Thread: Conference Room
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 07:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
SlytherinSistah
Special Services to the School

DoM
Ramora

Ministry RPG Name:
Jasper Mitterbill
Mysteries
x9 x3
C.R.E.A.M | Haitian Sensation | Shark Patronus | Your Huckleberry | T's ClayBaby

Text Cut: Evelyn & Emma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselyn View Post
Perhaps she noticed the little spill. Perhaps she didn't. Evelyn gave no impression that she did and carried on with making herself comfortable in the chair, though an eyebrow raised somewhat at the reply she'd received; not necessarily out of disapproval either. She could relate to lack of sleep.

"You and me both." she muttered, just before the young blond woman walked in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emms View Post
Emma nodded as the older man took a seat in a rather awkward fashion. She just blinked but decided it ought to be best not to comment on it. She hadn't remember seeing him around a couple years ago when she started. Then she had taken a leave of absence for... personal reasons. Anyway, Emma was glad to be back. "Nice to meet you, Jasper. That must be very intriguing," she said with a kind smile. "I work in the Ever-Locked room." She took a sip of her hot tea. Good thing that she had remembered to bring it with her or she would have been a very sleepy and non-social mood. That would not have been a good impression.

Another man joined them and then the Head of the Department was there! They would be getting to work soon, yes?

Evelyn had said something in return and it wasn't exactly mean. What that essentially translated to was the she had won Jasper's trust over by about 100%.

Hehehe. Sucka.

Oh, and wasn't Emma a very nice person! The seer appreciated her warmth and social side. She was probably worthy of trust as well. A good addition to the Ever-Locked room, no doubt. Or so he thought, as he hadn't realized Emma had just taken a long leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachieRu View Post
"Morning." Ashby nodded at the couple of employees as he settled into his chair, adjusting his papers. "I'm fine thank you." He smiled at Emma. After a few moments he glanced at his watch. Hm. No signs of any other people. Better start this thing off. "Okay...we'll start now." He nodded, with a smile, flicking his wand towards the door to close it.

"I hope you all had a nice summer." He murmured at first before continuing. "We have 2 new members of the team...but they are not here yet." So they could move straight on. "And I'm going to hopefully implement a new training scheme into the department, called Junior Unspeakables. It's a scheme for new graduates from Hogwarts which will allow them to train up on the job." And pause for reaction.

By the time Ashby had gotten to mentioning the Junior Unspeakables, Jasper was beaming all happy like. He thought he might have liked to have been a teacher and in his younger days the possibility had been considered before promptly being flushed out by a weakness of will. Other things as well, but mostly it was his will. Now here he was at a job he still loved with the opportunity to live that dream.

Although it had grown the Department of Mysteries was still rather sparse compared to some departments. It probably wouldn't hurt to train people in order to get and keep them interested in their work. Jasper thought he could use another hand down in Prophecies anyway with Old Wheels gone. "When do you plan to start the J.U.?" He immediately considered adding program or something else to the end of that acronym for fear of saying it outloud and being HORRIDLY misunderstood. But was it really a program in it's true form? Was there a better word for it? Scheme sort of exacerbated Jasper's neurotic fear.