View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 03:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
The thing she most liked about her apple pie over his cheesecake, was the cinnamon. She loved cinnamon, and the apple pie had the lovely warm spice mixed throughout.

Emily chuckled lightly, flicking a tendril of hair over her shoulder as she leaned forward in her seat. "You're not wrong there. He checks the post twice a day, and peppers me with questions about Hogwarts the rest of the time." If he asked her one more time which House he would be in, she was going to lock him in a cupboard. "I'm thinking of letting him buy his wand soon, if only to shut him up for a while." Not that he'd be able to use it, but it would answer one of his million questions.

He seemed a little hesitant in accepting her offering, which was fine, and if she was being honest with herself, she wouldn't much mind if he declined... but then he didn't. "You're welcome, but do me a favour... if anyone asks, this never happened." She had an image to uphold, and she rather liked the sound of Ice Queen.
That bite of apple pie was delicious. The cinnamon in it gave it a bit of a kick, too. Clearly the Ministry food court was the place to go for dessert. It was going to be hard to resist buying dessert here every weekday. He'd be hitting up the gym more than he needed to if he kept this up.

Going back to finish off his cheesecake, he couldn't help put chuckle and roll his eyes at what Emily said about her child. The hope that the Hogwarts letter would come early ... the never-ending series of questions ... the boy sounded like the average kid to him. "It could work," Tancred stated, pausing for a moment before dropping some words of wisdom from one parent to another. "I wouldn't count on the silence lasting very long, though. Once they get what they want, kids tend to move on to the next thing rather quickly." And that was Parent Tip #1 from Tancred Adara.

He raised an eyebrow at the favour she asked of him. The whole sharing of desserts was never to be shared with a single soul? Sounded like someone wanted to put on the façade of being a big, scary department head. "Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me."