Thread: Hall of Mirrors
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Hera
Dark Force Defense League

DMC
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Hart
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Olympia Stanton
Magical Creatures

x10 x10
½ EagleBrain ♥ Creeperdoodle ♥ Raven Dor ♥ Berry ♥ ½ Team House Elf

SPOILER!!: looooolz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattie View Post

See, the problem with finding other people that didn't seem to want join the masses in the large crowd, meant that there was always the possibility that they'd be cold or rude. In which case, it would probably have been better to make rubbish small talk with friendly strangers. Luckily for her, this woman seemed more bored than unfriendly. Perhaps she'd been waiting for someone?

Amber cast that thought aside.

"Yeah, you could say that," she nodded, glancing again around the room. "Large, noisy crowds aren't really my thing." Neither was small talk, but they'd probably get past that soon enough. "I'm Amber, by the way." If she could at least make one friend or acquaintance out of this, it would be worth it.

Under normal circumstances... well actually, under normal circumstances this wouldn't be happening. She didn't do social, she didn't do Gala's... no, but, if she wasn't technically on duty, then she wouldn't be conversing with the woman.

As it was, they seemed to have some things in common. "Mine either," she supplied, a slight twitch of the corners of her lips indicated a part-smile. Smiling was not something she rushed into, it took patience and practice and only those deemed worthy enough were privy to it. "Emily... nice to make your acquaintance..." or something along those lines. As with Amber, she didn't supply her surname.

Considering the fact that the woman was freely moving around she came to the conclusion she wasn't here as a plus one, so that could only mean she was an employee. "Pardon, but what department do you hail from? ... I don't recognise you."