Thread: The Great Hall
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 03:48 AM   #167 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Nodding excitedly as each dance was mentioned, including one of his personal favorites mentioned by Miss Ella, Airey couldn't help but wonder about some of the answers. Miss Fischer seemed to have a violent streak running through her with the lance response, and the kissy faces that Mr. Branxton was making had him watching the boy like a hawk. There would be no kissing in class, alright young man? Two eyes on you. Four maybe if he put his glasses on to see better. And then there had been the Groundskeeper who had now given him a mental image that he could not shake and it was making things incredibly difficult to concentrate on anything else. Even a certain dark haired professor's movements. Thanks Meathead, ruined that moment.

When Miss Paulidine went down, Airey hobbled over to the girl and removed his wand from his breast pocket. "Alright, everyone give me some room so I can move her," he said as he levitated her body off to the side so no one would step on her. With another flick of his wand, he sent his roadrunner patronus off to find the Healer. Clearly she was not feeling well enough to participate in today's lesson. "The Healer will be here soon, not to worry. If anyone is feeling like they need to take a breather please do so. Don't push yourself. Just do what you can."

"Now, where was I..." he said as he hobbled back towards the front of the room. "All of you gave stellar examples of the different forms of dance, however no one mentioned the form that the first dance we will be practicing today is based on - line dance. Those of you familiar with this form of dance probably associate it with Country, but today we will be performing a line dance to Hip Hop music." Wand still out, Airey flicked it and music suddenly filled the Great Hall. "This dance is called the Cupid Shuffle and the dance is quite easy, especially since the steps are said in the song itself. Allow me to demonstrate."

Giving himself enough room, Airey began taking a few steps to the right as he continued to explain. "You take four steps to to your right side... one, two, three, four. Now to the left for five, six, seven, eight. Do whatever you want with your hands and make it your own. Do what feels natural. Just make sure that your steps are four to the right, four to the left." He was going to hold his hands in fists and rock his arms in rhythm with his steps. "Next you're going to do a series of kicks right, left, right, left and try to put a little hop in it if you can," he explained while demonstrating some more. Only his kicks were a bit lackluster in terms of hops. "Last thing you are going to add is some knee movement. You're going to go, with your knees, right, left, right, left while twisting your body left in a modified version of a walk it out. So you go one, two, three, four. At the same time, you're turning to your left. Six, seven, eight," he demonstrated. "And that's it! The Cupid Shuffle. So why don't you all go on and give it a try. Help each other out if you are struggling. This is relatively low impact, so you can adjust things to fit your body."
OOC: My browser decided to restart and lost 2 hours of progress, so rather than start entirely over and make you all wait I skipped individual replies this round ;__________; I'm sorry ;___________;

Go ahead and have your character practice the dance to the music. There are TONS of dance tutorials online if you want to use those to help you with your RPing or do the dance yourself - it's pretty fun :3

You should have at least 2 posts of dance practice. Next instructions will come in approximately 24 hours from the time of this post.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes